Why republicans should stop whining about the debt that has accumulated under Obama

now it is tax cuts that increased obama's spending.

left-wing idiots have lots of excuses why they do the same things republicans did.

what they cant explain is the mind-phuck they go through that has them here pretending they didnt

I'd LOVE to see someone - anyone - get serious about cutting government spending.
never going to happen. Government's main objective is to grow government power and control. Neither one of the two party will cut spending. It will break before that happens and it WILL break. Make no mistake about that.

If you are right, the USA is history. We will fall apart like Greece or the old USSR.

I hope you are wrong, but we are very close to falling over the edge.

My personal opinion:

When it comes to over-spending, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Republicans AND Democrats are far too free with our money. Playing the blame game only succeeds in making the discussion a hyper-partisan rant-fest. Which means NO ONE has to stop over spending. All they have to do is blame the other guys.

The only difference between Democrats and Republicans is who the checks are made out to.

I'd LOVE to see someone - anyone - get serious about cutting government spending.

then you need to listen to Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Mike Lee. They are working on doing just that.

Rand Paul is the only one I would even think of believing on that list. I think Ted Cruz is pretty clear he thinks we need to police the world. That ain't cheap.

It's time to stop spending anything on defense. Outsource it to Russia. China is increasing their defense spending, maybe they will take over when America retires from supporting their own defense.

Here is a no bullshit assessment about what exactly the debt under Obama is composed of. As you can see Obama's biggest expenses were his TAX CUTS and defense spending.

President Barack Obama - The second largest contributor to the debt dollar-wise was President Obama. He added $4.8 trillion, a 41% increase, in just one term. Obama's budgets included the economic stimulus package, which added $787 billion by cutting taxes, extending unemployment benefits, and funding job-creating public works projects. The Obama tax cuts added $858 billion to the debt over two years. Obama's budget included increased defense spending to around $800 billion a year. Federal income was down, thanks to lower tax receipts from the 2008 financial crisis.

Both Presidents Bush and Obama had to contend with higher mandatory mandatory spending for Social Security and Medicare. He also sponsored the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, which was designed to reduce the debt by $143 billion over 10 years. However, these savings didn't show up until the later years.

US Debt by President

Of course, all this being said, I do agree Obama has spent too much on defense and he shouldn't have extended Bush's tax cuts. My point is that Repubs are ignorant about what exactly Obama's expenses are.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's time to stop spending anything on defense. Outsource it to Russia. China is increasing their defense spending, maybe they will take over when America retires from supporting their own defense.

outsource defense to China-----------now there's an idea.:lol:

We spend more than the next 10 countries combined plus given all the money we spending on foreign aid I hope we have some allies. Cuts in defense are necessary.

never going to happen. Government's main objective is to grow government power and control. Neither one of the two party will cut spending. It will break before that happens and it WILL break. Make no mistake about that.

If you are right, the USA is history. We will fall apart like Greece or the old USSR.

Even guys who have a sense of that it's essential to cut government spending, like the guys you listed, will never get the remainder of congress to go along enough to make meaningful cuts. That's why it never goes anywhere but up on spending. Most of congress is full of Statists that absolutely love government. We'll never get off the welfare/warfare state because of it. We are, in essence, doomed when it comes to economics. It's like pandora's box. Once you open it up, there is no closing it back in. That's why we should have been more prudent BEFORE now.

The last time government gave up power voluntarily in the history of government was never. So bare that in mind.

I just read 1493 and its interesting to see how the great world powers: China and Spain collapsed from over borrowing/overspending

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a no bullshit assessment about what exactly the debt under Obama composed of. As you can see Obama's biggest expenses were his TAX CUTS and defense spending.

US Debt by President

talk about biased bullshit reporting------------

lets cut the crap. the debt when obama took over was around 10 trillion, today it is around 17 trillion, when he leaves it will be over 20 trillion.

forget the % increase bullshit, lets talk about actual dollars added to the debt

obama will have added more to the the debt than all previous presidents COMBINED.

as to your charts--------figures don't lie, but liars figure.

I am not disputing this. You are right. However it is important to realize that Obama is spending at the same rate Bush was at the end of his term.

And what party had control of Congress Bush'S last 2 years?

We spend more than the next 10 countries combined plus given all the money we spending on foreign aid I hope we have some allies. Cuts in defense are necessary.

I agree, as a starter we should close all 300+ overseas bases unless the host country agrees to pay 100% of the cost. If we give foreign aid we should demand something in return-------free access to markets, military support, etc.

Another day, another load of bullshit by Billy.

My personal opinion:

When it comes to over-spending, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Republicans AND Democrats are far too free with our money. Playing the blame game only succeeds in making the discussion a hyper-partisan rant-fest. Which means NO ONE has to stop over spending. All they have to do is blame the other guys.

The only difference between Democrats and Republicans is who the checks are made out to.

then you need to listen to Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Mike Lee. They are working on doing just that.

Rand Paul is the only one I would even think of believing on that list. I think Ted Cruz is pretty clear he thinks we need to police the world. That ain't cheap.

I don't think we need to police the world, but I don't think we need to withdraw from it either.

But where real budget cuts fall apart (imho) is when people link it to re-defining the role of government. They want to cut the things they think government shouldn't be doing and not cut THEIR favorite programs. The other side proposes exactly the opposite in cuts and protected funding.

My proposal is 10% across the board. Every department - no exceptions.

And then we'll go from there.

Even guys who have a sense of that it's essential to cut government spending, like the guys you listed, will never get the remainder of congress to go along enough to make meaningful cuts. That's why it never goes anywhere but up on spending. Most of congress is full of Statists that absolutely love government. We'll never get off the welfare/warfare state because of it. We are, in essence, doomed when it comes to economics. It's like pandora's box. Once you open it up, there is no closing it back in. That's why we should have been more prudent BEFORE now.

The last time government gave up power voluntarily in the history of government was never. So bare that in mind.

The people in DC are there because we sent them there. We have the power to make them do what we want. We have the power of the polling place, but we have to get together and use it.

I don't think we need to police the world, but I don't think we need to withdraw from it either.

But where real budget cuts fall apart (imho) is when people link it to re-defining the role of government. They want to cut the things they think government shouldn't be doing and not cut THEIR favorite programs. The other side proposes exactly the opposite in cuts and protected funding.

I would cut 33% across the board--all agencies, all programs, all govt employees, all govt salaries. No one would notice and everything would run smoother.

Last edited:
Here is a no bullshit assessment about what exactly the debt under Obama composed of. As you can see Obama's biggest expenses were his TAX CUTS and defense spending.

US Debt by President

lets cut the crap. the debt when obama took over was around 10 trillion, today it is around 17 trillion, when he leaves it will be over 20 trillion.

forget the % increase bullshit, lets talk about actual dollars added to the debt

obama will have added more to the the debt than all previous presidents COMBINED.

I am not disputing this. You are right. However it is important to realize that Obama is spending at the same rate Bush was at the end of his term.

Obama said Bush's deficit spending was unpatriotic.

Bush never said such a thing.

So are you saying that Obama is no better than Bush?

Interesting seeing as most on the left on this board see Bush as the worst in Modern history and Obama as the best in modern history.

But the best does the same as the worst.

Got it.

I would cut 33% across the board--all agencies, all programs, all govt employees, all govt salaries. No one would notice and everying would run smoother.

33% on everything. Good god. You obviously do not understand what our government's expenses even are. The major cuts need to go to defense spending.

Here is a no bullshit assessment about what exactly the debt under Obama is composed of. As you can see Obama's biggest expenses were his TAX CUTS and defense spending.

President Barack Obama - The second largest contributor to the debt dollar-wise was President Obama. He added $4.8 trillion, a 41% increase, in just one term. Obama's budgets included the economic stimulus package, which added $787 billion by cutting taxes, extending unemployment benefits, and funding job-creating public works projects. The Obama tax cuts added $858 billion to the debt over two years. Obama's budget included increased defense spending to around $800 billion a year. Federal income was down, thanks to lower tax receipts from the 2008 financial crisis.

Both Presidents Bush and Obama had to contend with higher mandatory mandatory spending for Social Security and Medicare. He also sponsored the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, which was designed to reduce the debt by $143 billion over 10 years. However, these savings didn't show up until the later years.

US Debt by President

Of course, all this being said, I do agree Obama has spent too much on defense and he shouldn't have extended Bush's tax cuts. My point is that Repubs are ignorant about what exactly Obama's expenses are.

Tax cuts are not an expense.

Obama said Bush's deficit spending was unpatriotic.

Bush never said such a thing.

So are you saying that Obama is no better than Bush?

Interesting seeing as most on the left on this board see Bush as the worst in Modern history and Obama as the best in modern history.

But the best does the same as the worst.

Got it.

Lol it isn't just big spending that makes Bush the worst president.

And no, I don't think Obama is the best.

Forum List

Back