Why senate Dems. MUST filibuster Gorsuch's consent.....

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Conservative republicans blatantly abused their 5-4 majority in the SCOTUS under the strong-arm tactics of Scalia (even if Roberts "thought" that he was Chief Justice, Sclaia was really the thug who led the decisions...not in ALL...but most of the conservative decisions.)

Gorsuch, from a variety of sources who reviewed his rulings, have deemed that he is to the EXTREME right of even Scalia.

We all know (both sides) that there will be much "buyers' remorse" after a few years of Trump's tactics led by such ideologues as Bannon and Kelly....However, although we may survive these folks' drastic decisions when they're in power for just a short period, Gorsuch is in FOR LIFE....

Women and unions and common Americans will soon realize that this danger MUST be repulsed, as the idiot, McConnell, repulsed the moderate Garland. Any senate democrat who, for self-preservation because they will run in 2018 in red states, does NOT deserve reelection. Grow a spine, democrats.

So in your mind a person who actually want to follow the constitution and do his Job correctly is unfit for the job of Chief Justice.... Never dawns on you idiot progressives that this is why you are losing elections does it?

Conservative republicans blatantly abused their 5-4 majority in the SCOTUS under the strong-arm tactics of Scalia (even if Roberts "thought" that he was Chief Justice, Sclaia was really the thug who led the decisions...not in ALL...but most of the conservative decisions.)

Gorsuch, from a variety of sources who reviewed his rulings, have deemed that he is to the EXTREME right of even Scalia.

We all know (both sides) that there will be much "buyers' remorse" after a few years of Trump's tactics led by such ideologues as Bannon and Kelly....However, although we may survive these folks' drastic decisions when they're in power for just a short period, Gorsuch is in FOR LIFE....

Women and unions and common Americans will soon realize that this danger MUST be repulsed, as the idiot, McConnell, repulsed the moderate Garland. Any senate democrat who, for self-preservation because they will run in 2018 in red states, does NOT deserve reelection. Grow a spine, democrats.

A strict constructionist on the Federal bench does nothing to prevent the individual States from enacting most of the authoritarian policies they prefer. On the other hand a "living document pull things out of my ass" SC justice makes everyone live by the same, government heavy standard.

• Banned
So in your mind a person who actually want to follow the constitution and do his Job correctly is unfit for the job of Chief Justice..

A "conclusion" that is moronic....as expected from an ultra right winger.

Every fucking nominee to the SCOTUS spews, "I want to follow the Constitution"........few do when they're really partisan hacks and Gorsuch's previous rulings PROVE that he is driven by religious zealotry.

• Banned
A strict constructionist on the Federal bench does nothing to prevent the individual States from enacting most of the authoritarian policies they prefer. On the other hand a "living document pull things out of my ass" SC justice makes everyone live by the same, government heavy standard.

Conservatives had the opportunity under Scalia to make rulings that could have been impartial and strictly unbiased; they blew it and a continuation of that catastrophe with someone like Gorsuch, Thomas (who was a puppet of Scalia), Alito and even Roberts and Kennedy, would be a disaster that cannot be tolerated or allowed.

So in your mind a person who actually want to follow the constitution and do his Job correctly is unfit for the job of Chief Justice..

A "conclusion" that is moronic....as expected from an ultra right winger.

Every fucking nominee to the SCOTUS spews, "I want to follow the Constitution"........few do when they're really partisan hacks and Gorsuch's previous rulings PROVE that he is driven by religious zealotry.
Religious zealot huh? Son he has a record of following the constitution unlike the rabid progressives obama nominated

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Conservatives had the opportunity under Scalia to make rulings that could have been impartial and strictly unbiased; they blew it and a continuation of that catastrophe with someone like Gorsuch, Thomas (who was a puppet of Scalia), Alito and even Roberts and Kennedy, would be a disaster that cannot be tolerated or allowed.

Nothing like generalizations with no specific examples.

• Banned
Religious zealot huh? Son he has a record of following the constitution unlike the rabid progressives obama nominated

its rather amusing that for you crazed right wingers, "following the constitution" is a catch-all phrase for ultra conservative decisions.....No basis in fact, just partisanship.

personally, I hope they do, as I think it's a strategic mis-step at this point in trump's term.

the pubs go nuclear and take away the only tool the dems have now instead of a year from now and dems have virtually zero power to stop a damn thing they don't like.

go for it.

personally, I hope they do, as I think it's a strategic mis-step at this point in trump's term.

the pubs go nuclear and take away the only tool the dems have now instead of a year from now and dems have virtually zero power to stop a damn thing they don't like.

go for it.

The term "nuclear option" is indeed a good one.....and like a real nuclear option, the fallout will come back to bite conservatives in their collective asses.

Gorsuch, in a nutshell, has sided with employers rather than employees, is against abortion rights and is against gay rights; so, workers, women and the LGBT communities better stand up to this religion-led ideologue

go for it.

The term "nuclear option" is indeed a good one.....and like a real nuclear option, the fallout will come back to bite conservatives in their collective asses.

you mean kind of how it is going to bite the dems in the ass after they pulled that stunt?

the dems thought they were running large and in charge and did not see the outcome of this election coming, so they ran roughshod over the pubs and have no room whatsoever to talk if that same tactic is turned right around on them.

there are a couple of pubs that currently oppose, but if dems go full-on obstruction, that will change in a heartbeat, and the dems will have no-one but themselves to blame.

that won't, of course, change their wailing about the great unfairness being visited upon them, but it will have been their unbridled arrogance and lack of foresight that did them in nonetheless...

Last edited:

Gorsuch will be shoved up your ass and you'll live with it.

So they put up a fight and lose reelection, then we Republicans will have a much stronger majority.

If that's your liberal plan, no wonder your party is so weak right now.

Face facts, there is nothing Democrats can logically do to stop this nomination. Democrat politicians don't care about you, they don't care about the public, they care about themselves only and what it takes to keep their job and power.

So they put up a fight and lose reelection, then we Republicans will have a much stronger majority.

If that's your liberal plan, no wonder your party is so weak right now.

I am FULLY aware that senate dems in red states may stand a chance to lose re-election....FINE !!!
This is NOT (or should not be) a lifetime job anyway. However, the principle stands and when you stand up for principle, ultimately you will win.....first at the local and state levels, and then the federal one.

As time passes, everyone (including right wingers) will realize what a mistake it might have been to have you right wingers FULLY in charge of this country, and the inevitable fuck ups will also be FULLY yours to shoulder.

And who were these "variety of sources"?

Jon Stewart, Rosie O'Donnell, and Tim Robbins?

go for it.

.....and yet the Court will be solidly conservative, fair trade I'd say. I do however think you over estimate the power of your side.

Gorsuch, in a nutshell, has sided with employers rather than employees, is against abortion rights and is against gay rights; so, workers, women and the LGBT communities better stand up to this religion-led ideologue

You're an idiot. Stop jumping up and down and sit down.

Forum List

Back