"Why Should I Go To That Cemetary?"

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery, near Paris, in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly” and that the Secret Service wouldn’t drive him there. Neither claim was true.

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

1717671644207.jpeg

When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery, near Paris, in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly” and that the Secret Service wouldn’t drive him there. Neither claim was true.

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

View attachment 958281
Who should we believe?

Trump who claimed helicopters couldn’t fly in the rain and Secret Service couldn’t drive in the rain?

Four independent Trump staffers who claim the real reason was Trump doesn’t like how his hair looks wet and doesn’t think honoring war dead is a big deal

Let’s ask Gen Kelly

What can I add that has not already been said?” Kelly said, when asked if he wanted to weigh in on his former boss in light of recent comments made by other former Trump officials.
“A person that thinks those who defend their country in uniform, or are shot down or seriously wounded in combat, or spend years being tortured as POWs are all ‘suckers’ because ‘there is nothing in it for them.’
A person that did not want to be seen in the presence of military amputees because ‘it doesn’t look good for me.’
A person who demonstrated open contempt for a Gold Star family – for all Gold Star families – on TV during the 2016 campaign,
and rants that our most precious heroes who gave their lives in America’s defense are ‘losers’ and wouldn’t visit their graves in France.

View attachment 958281

Everyone who was present has discounted this story, so in other words it's a lie.

Which was never said
Creative lip reading by Republicans
At a minimum, she was visibly disgusted at a ceremony honoring the Flag. If she never said anything disparaging about the Flag or it was not questionable, you would not have had all of the Democrats scrambling like F-16s to do damage control. My favorite was the one that had her saying, “what a wonderful Flag.”

At a minimum, she was visibly disgusted at a ceremony honoring the Flag. If she never said anything disparaging about the Flag or it was not questionable, you would not have had all of the Democrats scrambling like F-16s to do damage control. My favorite was the one that had her saying, “what a wonderful Flag.”

You are again making shit up
Creative lip reading

I can't say I am surprised that Demafascsit have to use political propaganda and lies on such an historic day.

Sad, but not surprised. The Germans used propaganda too to gain power

View attachment 958281

He's done just about everything he can to show he doesn't like veterans. And yet he still gets loads of their support. It's bizarre.

OK
Show us

View attachment 958281
That's just sickening.

What your second link says about the honesty of your first

For what it's worth, a lip reading instructor at the River School in Washington, D.C., did not, as claimed, provide the proffered explanation ("All of this for a damned flag?") of what Michelle Obama supposedly said in this video clip. The school posted a disclaimer on their website stating, ""Please be advised that The River School was not involved in any translation services for a recent video clip currently circulating on the Internet."

From your third link
Kill one crackpot theory — birtherism — and [right-wingers] will breed a hundred more. And you'll never persuade them that what they believe is delusional."

What your second link says about the honesty of your first

For what it's worth, a lip reading instructor at the River School in Washington, D.C., did not, as claimed, provide the proffered explanation ("All of this for a damned flag?") of what Michelle Obama supposedly said in this video clip. The school posted a disclaimer on their website stating, ""Please be advised that The River School was not involved in any translation services for a recent video clip currently circulating on the Internet."

From your third link
Kill one crackpot theory — birtherism — and [right-wingers] will breed a hundred more. And you'll never persuade them that what they believe is delusional."
You are missing the point of my post. If this was such a wild conspiracy, it would not have garnered so many responses to counter the claim.

You are missing the point of my post. If this was such a wild conspiracy, it would not have garnered so many responses to counter the claim.

Unfounded conspiracies are like that
The more you debunk them, the more they spread

Want yo discuss Birtherism as an example?

Unfounded conspiracies are like that
The more you debunk them, the more they spread

Want yo discuss Birtherism as an example?
Why the concentrated effort to debunk in the first place? The more attempts made to debunk, the more scrutiny from all angles.

Forum List

Back