Why should the national anthem be played at sporting events?

What's the connection between for-profit corporate sports leagues and our national anthem?

GIYF

Why the Star-Spangled Banner is Played At Sporting Events

The instantly-recognizable song is played before thousands of sporting events every year, but just how did the Star-Spangled Banner come to be a staple of sports in the first place? The answer, it turns out, has to do with World War I.

Canadians do it as well, and in Hockey you get both anthems played when you have teams from each country playing each other.

What's the connection between for-profit corporate sports leagues and our national anthem?

It shouldn't.
Perhaps we should start playing Cuba's national Anthem ????

if not that...how about China's National Anthem before every game???
/——/ Cuba’s national anthem would please liberals.

I like that it is played.
I don't really care if the guy next to me stands or not .
I think it is good to see usually tens of thousands of Americans standing in unison.
Why worry about the one or two who don't feel very patriotic or communal and let it dominate your life?

GIYF

The instantly-recognizable song is played before thousands of sporting events every year, but just how did the Star-Spangled Banner come to be a staple of sports in the first place? The answer, it turns out, has to do with World War I.

Canadians do it as well, and in Hockey you get both anthems played when you have teams from each country playing each other.
Yeah, I know. It’s stupid for Canada to do it also.

Olympics - yes. They are playing for their country.

Pro sports - no. They are playing for their next contract.

It shouldn't.
Perhaps we should start playing Cuba's national Anthem ????

if not that...how about China's National Anthem before every game???
/——/ Cuba’s national anthem would please liberals.
Not at the beginning of a pro sports game. But I’m sure it’s a nice song and you know all the words.

GIYF

Yeah, I know. It’s stupid for Canada to do it also.

Olympics - yes. They are playing for their country.

Pro sports - no. They are playing for their next contract.

They are large gatherings of people. The anthem is for them as well as the players and teams.

Canadians get far more passionate about their anthem then most US fans do. I've seen it first hand.

There is no national mandate or law or whatever compelling sports teams or leagues do this.

Their venue, their choice. If they decide to do this or that, the fans can decide whether or not they'd like to support it.

Why shouldn't it?
If you can’t answer maybe it would be better to remain silent and not volunteer your cluelessness?
I can answer. The problem is, you don't want an answer, you want to denigrate someone.

So tell Me, why shouldn't they play the National Anthem at sporting and public events? Show us how much you care.

wow!! why not? are you offended by our brave men and women?

The question should be, why does the Anthem bother liberals so much?
Then start another thread, fuckstick.
it's been asked here. Why are you afraid to answer? it is a logical question to your OP. and yet you don't appreciate the debate. hmmmmm so let's get this straight, you really weren't interested in a debate, you just felt compelled to once again complain about the USA.

Why shouldn't it?
If you can’t answer maybe it would be better to remain silent and not volunteer your cluelessness?
I can answer. The problem is, you don't want an answer, you want to denigrate someone.

So tell Me, why shouldn't they play the National Anthem at sporting and public events? Show us how much you care.
seems like a logical question to the OP.

I like that it is played.
I don't really care if the guy next to me stands or not .
I think it is good to see usually tens of thousands of Americans standing in unison.
Why worry about the one or two who don't feel very patriotic or communal and let it dominate your life?
dang candy, once again I'm with you. I merely look at the punk who didn't stand and shake my head, then I laugh.

Forum List

Back