Why should the national anthem be played at sporting events?

What's the connection between for-profit corporate sports leagues and our national anthem?

Because sports is the one thing that connects Americans regardless of backgrounds and affiliations. The national anthem is for everybody. Well, this used to be true until Democrats politicized everything.

What's the connection between for-profit corporate sports leagues and our national anthem?

Because there was a time when people felt good about the country and it seemed like a good idea to start the tradition. At first there were fewer people to whom this would be found offensive and why would anyone even think twice? It was mostly old dried up prunes in the Communist party USA who would take offense but now theres you, progressives, Antifa, BLM organization, Communists, Marxist proffessors and many others who are looking for the slightest thing to be upset about.

Because normal people are patriots and know it’s a good idea come together and respect the flag and recognize all the sacrifices that have been made to make our freedoms possible.
Yeah. Ok. What does that have to do with two for-profit football teams?

Why do progressives always talk about profit as something evil?

Do you work at cost?
Peerzactly.

What do for-profit sporting events have to do with any of this?...I mean other than that the word "profit" triggers Marxist tools like the OP like no other.

I've been to any number of organized amateur sporting events, and the anthem is played there as well.

Because normal people are patriots and know it’s a good idea come together and respect the flag and recognize all the sacrifices that have been made to make our freedoms possible.

Do you work at cost?
Peerzactly.

What do for-profit sporting events have to do with any of this?...I mean other than that the word "profit" triggers Marxist tools like the OP like no other.

I've been to any number of organized amateur sporting events, and the anthem is played there as well.
it's played at band concerts at schools.

Lefties are like freaking goldfish. Every trip around the bowl is a whole new world. The Anthem is about tradition and respect.

Do you work at cost?
Peerzactly.

That's my point....The operative word in this silly bait thread is "profit"....The anthem is a thinly veiled distraction.

Do you work at cost?
Peerzactly.

It's played every morning at our children's schools, then the pledge and a moment of prayer

The worst five minutes of a left loon's day

Lefties are like freaking goldfish. Every trip around the bowl is a whole new world. The Anthem is about tradition and respect.
both things demofks have no idea about. No wonder they don't get it.

But that's not the issue being argued by the sub-cretionous OP...The real topic has to do with for-profit sporting events.

Do you work at cost?
Peerzactly.

The only reason its a question is because to these people the Anthem is now considered "controversial"

I liken todays, American leftists, progressives and liberal Democrats to a body's immune system that is up-regulating so that while an otherwise harmless food is being eaten its immune system is reacting to certain protein markers causing an immune response.

In the case of someones Immune system over regulating, it can cause chronic health problems and eventually death. This is America and Liberals today.

Forum List

Back