Why smug atheists are wrong

Tried and true diversionary tactic. Atheists don't like the truth, so they pretend people of faith are stupid.

Which always lights up their own intellectual inadequacy.

Haha, I won't take offense to that because I see how this thread is going, which is why I dropped a comment and left it alone.

I noticed that a few of the atheists here aren't even willing to listen to Christians. Some are, like me. I don't pretend to "know" that Christians are wrong, just like I don't pretend to "know" that I'm right. I've read the Bible and I used to be a Christian, and although I don't believe in God, I've never seen anything that contradicts His existence, either. Nor have I ever seen any science laws (theories are different of course) that outright disproves faith.

Two sides, different coin, in my opinion. After all, isn't it Einstein who said "Religion without science is blind; Science without religion is lame?"

Why would an atheist need to get Einstein or anyone else to cosign that they do not believe that a god exists?

Kinda defeats the idea that a human being can think for his or her self doesn't it?

I think it's a great disservice to pretend that because people share thoughts with others that they can't think for themselves. Usually, what you mean by accusing others of not thinking for themselves is that "you disagree with me".

Why are you "Wasting your time" on this subject anyway, I thought you didn't want to waste time on a "fantasy."

If Atheisism could get rid of such evils as islam does. I'd support it spreading throughout the world.

What thugs like the Muslim brotherhood are doing is nothing short of disgusting. Forcing people to bow to a religion is disgusting.

How on Earth could that possibly mean that all atheist are smug? Is that the same type of grammar that leads people to argue that Obama was not saying that people who work hard didn't build their business and that he called Benghazi an act of terror when he didn't? Is that why everyone in this thread is so confused?

For the idiots that do not understand English, I am not saying that all, most, or even many atheists are smug, just the ones that take offense at being called so after reading my OP.

It's really bad when someone comments on someone else's lack of understanding while exhibiting a total lack of understanding.

And it you don't understand that it is your who are exhibiting arrogance by thinking your beliefs trump everyone else's, that is the real problem.

And just to give you a hint.... Everyone of us thinks our own beliefs or lack of beliefs is superior or we wouldn't hold to those beliefs.

The difference is, unlike you and the other holier than thou types, I don't feel the need to run around insulting other people's beliefs.

I think my beliefs trump everyone else's? Can you give me examples of that please? Or are you just prattling again because it is that time of the month? Being a Democratic woman it must be really hard being all vagina and having a period.
^The butthurt continues.

Of course they defend it. They see nothing wrong with it. To them stoning women is no more abhorrent than jaywalking.

Yeah, someone should tell those backward sons of bitches that the Bible just phoned and wants its God-sanctioned policies back.

Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, [...] (Deu. 22:21)

Of course, Islam and Christianity have several things in common, most notably a shared foundation: ancient Judaic principles.

[

I suggest you watch Penn and Teller sometime, the Masked Magician is behind the times.

They are more focused on the comedy now...

And when all the other magicians were having meltdowns and making threats against poor Valentino (the Mask Magician's alter-ego), Penn had the good sense to say, "Yeah, no one ever says, 'the magician is going to come down here and kick my ass.'"

But you STILL missed my point. And I'm not sure explaining it to you a third time is going to help you any.

"[FONT=New York,Times New Roman]Psalms 14:1a[/FONT]
[FONT=New York,Times New Roman]"The fool hath said in his heart, no, God...."
[/FONT]

2 Corinthians 4:4

In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

1 Corinthians 2:14

The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

Galatians 6:7-8

Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

Romans 14:1

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions.

Psalm 14:1

To the choirmaster. Of David. The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good.

Galatians 5:19-21

Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 12:17-21

Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Proverbs 20:22

Do not say, “I will repay evil”; wait for the Lord, and he will deliver you.

Proverbs 18:2

A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.

Proverbs 1:7

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.

2 Corinthians 4:4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.[...]

You mean to tell me the Bible has a built-in explanation as to the inability of many unbelievers to comprehend certain things condoned in the scriptures [such as incest, coprophilia (eating shit), urophagia (drinking piss), cannibalism, illicit drug use, slavery, rape (in that particular instance, a father offered his daughter to a drunken mob to save his own ass from the sodomites), the subjugation of women (the writings of Paulus are especially clear on this matter), and so on]?! Well, there's a real shocker for ya'. :eek:

Why would an atheist need to get Einstein or anyone else to cosign that they do not believe that a god exists?

Kinda defeats the idea that a human being can think for his or her self doesn't it?

If people of religion are allowed to share opinions, why am I not allowed to share an opinion with Einstein?

"[FONT=New York,Times New Roman]Psalms 14:1a[/FONT]
[FONT=New York,Times New Roman]"The fool hath said in his heart, no, God...."
[/FONT]

2 Corinthians 4:4

In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

1 Corinthians 2:14

The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

Galatians 6:7-8

Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

Romans 14:1

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions.

Psalm 14:1

To the choirmaster. Of David. The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good.

Galatians 5:19-21

Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 12:17-21

Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Proverbs 20:22

Do not say, “I will repay evil”; wait for the Lord, and he will deliver you.

Proverbs 18:2

A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.

Proverbs 1:7

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.

As an atheist I do not nor do I condone any sort of immorality. That's a falsehood for me at least.

But, the Bible makes it pretty clear that God perceives me as a fool. But I'm okay with that. Should I die and there be a heaven, I've already accepted the fact that it would prove I was wrong and would get the punishment I deserve.

However, I choose not to believe.

facts are needed for me to believe in something.

there are NO facts that point to a god exsisting.

[

I suggest you watch Penn and Teller sometime, the Masked Magician is behind the times.

They are more focused on the comedy now...

And when all the other magicians were having meltdowns and making threats against poor Valentino (the Mask Magician's alter-ego), Penn had the good sense to say, "Yeah, no one ever says, 'the magician is going to come down here and kick my ass.'"

But you STILL missed my point. And I'm not sure explaining it to you a third time is going to help you any.

You tried to argue I would believe that a human could cut another human in two because I you think I am stupid simply because I believe in the existence of God. I didn't miss anything, but you did miss the entire point of the thread, probably because you are smug. The point of watching a magician is wondering how he does what he is doing, not being smug about thinking you could do the same thing yourself. I know that David Copperfield did not make the Statue of Liberty disappear on live TV, but I enjoyed watching it anyway.

The reason I like Penn and Teller is they are smarter than the idiots, like you, who think they know everything. I am willing to bet you couldn't walk through a metal detector with a cast iron frying pan, and I know you can't explain how to do it.

2 Corinthians 4:4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.[...]

You mean to tell me the Bible has a built-in explanation as to the inability of many unbelievers to comprehend certain things condoned in the scriptures [such as incest, coprophilia (eating shit), urophagia (drinking piss), cannibalism, illicit drug use, slavery, rape (in that particular instance, a father offered his daughter to a drunken mob to save his own ass from the sodomites), the subjugation of women (the writings of Paulus are especially clear on this matter), and so on]?! Well, there's a real shocker for ya'. :eek:

I would like to think you as an unbeliever can still comprehend many reprehensible acts and many other immoral or criminal acts. Or did we or the Bible say you would be incapable of that as well as refusing to acknowlege God?

The reason there is a blindness is, as Jesus said, because of a "sluggish heart." There is a profound unwillingness to let go of certain pleasures, certain behaviors and even a certain laziness in order to become more accepting of He that created you. Consequently, after years of refusal, apathy or defiance one does tend to become blind, and also to make up strange excuses for their unbelief.

Last edited:
It basically comes down to one word, wonder. Smug atheists insist there is no room for wonder in the universe, and that their experience is the only valid one. The simple fact is that, a sense of wonder makes us humble, and anyone that approaches the universe without wonder and humility is crazier than the guy who thinks he is in charge.

Total, utter crap. I am an athiest - maybe even a smug one - and I see a lot of wonder in the universe. I just don't think the Spaghetti Monster is responsible for it...

It basically comes down to one word, wonder. Smug atheists insist there is no room for wonder in the universe, and that their experience is the only valid one. The simple fact is that, a sense of wonder makes us humble, and anyone that approaches the universe without wonder and humility is crazier than the guy who thinks he is in charge.

Total, utter crap. I am an athiest - maybe even a smug one - and I see a lot of wonder in the universe. I just don't think the Spaghetti Monster is responsible for it...

If you see the wonder in the universe then the thread is not about you, is it?

Forum List

Back