Why so few patriots in congress?

MacTheKnife

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2018
Basically because most of them are career politicians meaning they are more concerned about protecting and preserving their career than looking out for America.

A good example of that being our failure to be prepared for a biological attack.

Right after 9/11 many realized we were vulnurable to such an attack and there was much chatter abut terrorism and their interest in biological warfare.

Yet obviously we were not prepared for such....some want to blame the CDC, more want to blame President Trump, some want to blame obama..........however the real blame rests on Congress who could and should have made sure that our defense against a pandemic was state of the art.

As pointed out it was common knowledge we were vulnurable....so why didnt congress make sure the CDC was on top of this threat?

Simply because they were too busy attending to their own agendas....forgetting that America depends on them to make sure America is prepared to contend with all threats to our National Security.

Newt promised to pass "term limits" right until he got the majority, via his "Contract" with America.
We don't need career pols managing the House, we need real patriots.

We havent have patriots in the White House either for the last 3 years.

the profound and obvious failures of the agencies of the executive branch illustrate the failure of the blob.

Why so few patriots in congress?
The answer is pretty simple, and sad, really, Mac. With few exceptions like Trump, nearly all politicians need others to raise large sums of money to get elected, and so are really beholding to their lobbyists and donors, often with foreign ties. These are the people pulling the strings and whom politicians are really responsive to.

Basically because most of them are career politicians meaning they are more concerned about protecting and preserving their career than looking out for America.

A good example of that being our failure to be prepared for a biological attack.

Right after 9/11 many realized we were vulnurable to such an attack and there was much chatter abut terrorism and their interest in biological warfare.

Yet obviously we were not prepared for such....some want to blame the CDC, more want to blame President Trump, some want to blame obama..........however the real blame rests on Congress who could and should have made sure that our defense against a pandemic was state of the art.

As pointed out it was common knowledge we were vulnurable....so why didnt congress make sure the CDC was on top of this threat?

Simply because they were too busy attending to their own agendas....forgetting that America depends on them to make sure America is prepared to contend with all threats to our National Security.

democrats are complicit in the biological attack currently underway against America. democrats are an adjunct of the Peoples Republic of China and serve the interests of that nation to gain global hegemony. Republicans tend to be stupid and corrupt, democrats are out and out traitors. Leaves us in a bad position.

A better question is, why are there so many criminals in Congress?

Yeah. We can’t all be true patriots like the president. Sad. Believe me.

True, Donald Trump is a true patriot who puts America before himself.

Where you are a true traitor who puts China before America.
1587131872182.png

You're disgusting, slobbering all over your so called hero.

There are no traitors here. We don't agree on what's best but we all care about our country.

Define, "patriot."

As for "not preparing for a virus-pandemic," it is a childish observation.

At any given moment, "we" are subject to multiple events, conditions, or hostile actions that can impact hundreds, thousands, or even millions of people. A virus; an earthquake (in California); failure of heavily-traveled bridges, tunnels, etc.; a tsunami, hurricane, tornado, or other extraordinary weather event; a nuclear weapons attack. ANY ONE OF THESE, should it happen, would be accompanied by the Pundits shrieking, "We've known about this threat FOREVER!!! Why weren't we PREPARED??"

Simple. To be fully prepared for all of these threats - all of which are extremely unlikely at any given time - would bankrupt every nation, especially the U.S. So we prepare to be prepared. That's it. We take precautions so that if one of these things happens, we can mobilize to fight it as quickly as possible. And when Government is the driving force, you can be assured that the response will be late, overblown, misdirected, and will involve massive amounts of fraud, waste, and abuse, and it will generate residual costs that stay with us, pointlessly, forever. Can you spell "TSA"?

As for "patriots" in politics, as a general proposition, we have a lot of people who are there for their own betterment, ego, and satisfaction, and on the other hand, we have people who could be doing quite a bit better for themselves outside government, but have decided to make that sacrifice because government is fcuked up, and they want to try to help. This latter group are often rightly called "Public Servants," while the former group take great pains to call THEMSELVES Public Servants. I would personally classify the second group as "patriots" in the context of government service.

And in these days of our "All-Volunteer" military, a politician who is also a veteran is presumptively a "Patriot." It's not certain, but it is a reasonable assumption.

Define, "patriot."

Someone who stands up and speaks against the government when it's wrong.

Used to anyway.

Nowadays the meaning is completely bastardized.

What incredible idiocy....by your definition our founding fathers would have been un-patriotic as in they did not speak against America but England....you need to hit the re-set button or maybe stop drinking and posting.

Yeah. We can’t all be true patriots like the president. Sad. Believe me.

True, Donald Trump is a true patriot who puts America before himself.

Where you are a true traitor who puts China before America.
View attachment 324512
You're disgusting, slobbering all over your so called hero.

There are no traitors here. We don't agree on what's best but we all care about our country.

It's just that your country is China.

IF you were American, you would be a traitor. You ALWAYS put China first.

Oooooookkkkkaaaaaayyyyy!

Dude, you're not a traitor on accident.

Serious question. You democrats are the most grave danger the Constitution of the United States has ever faced. You are dedicated and determined to put an end to government of the people, by the people, and for the people. You seek to eradicate all civil liberties and establish a brutal totalitarian Marxist dictatorship. We are constantly only one election - which you vermin defraud in every case - away from liberty vanishing from the face of the earth for a thousand years.

So why should we not treat you as we treated the Nazis and the Japs in WWII? We either vanquish you or freedom vanishes from this earth until such time as patriots once again risk all to subdue those like you. I would shoot a rapist attempting to assault my wife or my daughters; why would I treat you any differently? You are every bit as dangerous.

Oooooookkkkkaaaaaayyyyy!

Serious question. You democrats are the most grave danger the Constitution of the United States has ever faced. You are dedicated and determined to put an end to government of the people, by the people, and for the people. You seek to eradicate all civil liberties and establish a brutal totalitarian Marxist dictatorship. We are constantly only one election - which you vermin defraud in every case - away from liberty vanishing from the face of the earth for a thousand years.

So why should we not treat you as we treated the Nazis and the Japs in WWII? We either vanquish you or freedom vanishes from this earth until such time as patriots once again risk all to subdue those like you. I would shoot a rapist attempting to assault my wife or my daughters; why would I treat you any differently? You are every bit as dangerous.

You are a crazy person.

Oooooookkkkkaaaaaayyyyy!

You are a crazy person.
Are we going to read about this guy in the papers next week? Another mass shooting?

Trump is Israel first

You cite 9/11. The only reason 9/11 happened is because Americans aren't pissing on Israelis like they shoudl be

Patriots are few and few between in DC, if you're a zionist, you're not a patriot. Not an American patriot anyway

Forum List

Back