Why The Democrats Threw Joe Biden Under The Bus

HikerGuy83

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 2021

If ever an article was capable of capturing my POV on a subject, it would be this one:

Its amazing how the left pivoted so quickly from defending President Joe Biden’s capacity to hold office to strong arming him to step down after praising him for the last four years. Its even more shocking that after four years of media criticism of Kamala Harris' numerous short comings and her checkered past, how quickly the beltway Democratic political elites could not wait to anoint her as their choice to replace Biden as their nominee. Obviously, all is fair in love, war and Democratic politics.

This is the huge 800# gorilla in the room the democrats won't acknowledge saying that Biden stepped down of his own free will. That people accept that as true is incredible. The accuse Trump supporters of dissonance, but need 10x as much to try and pull this one off.

When Democrats saw an opportunity to dump Biden and replace him with Harris, with no regard for her past indiscretions and unpopular leftist policies, they jumped on it. What they claim was a victory for democracy was an Orwellian political coup that eliminated the will of their voters in making the decision who "they wanted" running "their government" for four years.

So?

Yeah, we get it.
Biden's fate was determined by beltway elites who answer to unions, the media and big business donors. The same Democrats and media that camouflaged complaints about Biden as a candidate effortlessly forgot about Harris’ many flaws when their big money donors saw Biden slipping in the polls. Overnight, they buried Harris' leftist past and rewrote her history to portray her as a moderate.

Taking a chapter out of Orwell's "1984," Democrats and media have a monopoly on how to win at any cost. As the party of big business, media and special interests, they are eliminating the will of the people by hand-picking progressive candidates and buying their elections. They're violating the core tenants of democracy.

The very thing they claim to be protecting.

I've not been a fan of Trump's from the start. However, he's better than the alternatives.

I know Biden needed to go. We have been saying that for years.

But the way this occurred is dystopian in nature....in that the Eloi of the democratic mainstream seem so willing to accept is as natural and fine.

If ever an article was capable of capturing my POV on a subject, it would be this one:

Its amazing how the left pivoted so quickly from defending President Joe Biden’s capacity to hold office to strong arming him to step down after praising him for the last four years. Its even more shocking that after four years of media criticism of Kamala Harris' numerous short comings and her checkered past, how quickly the beltway Democratic political elites could not wait to anoint her as their choice to replace Biden as their nominee. Obviously, all is fair in love, war and Democratic politics.

This is the huge 800# gorilla in the room the democrats won't acknowledge saying that Biden stepped down of his own free will. That people accept that as true is incredible. The accuse Trump supporters of dissonance, but need 10x as much to try and pull this one off.

When Democrats saw an opportunity to dump Biden and replace him with Harris, with no regard for her past indiscretions and unpopular leftist policies, they jumped on it. What they claim was a victory for democracy was an Orwellian political coup that eliminated the will of their voters in making the decision who "they wanted" running "their government" for four years.

So?

Yeah, we get it.
Biden's fate was determined by beltway elites who answer to unions, the media and big business donors. The same Democrats and media that camouflaged complaints about Biden as a candidate effortlessly forgot about Harris’ many flaws when their big money donors saw Biden slipping in the polls. Overnight, they buried Harris' leftist past and rewrote her history to portray her as a moderate.

Taking a chapter out of Orwell's "1984," Democrats and media have a monopoly on how to win at any cost. As the party of big business, media and special interests, they are eliminating the will of the people by hand-picking progressive candidates and buying their elections. They're violating the core tenants of democracy.

I've not been a fan of Trump's from the start. However, he's better than the alternatives.

But the way this occurred is dystopian in nature....in that the Eloi of the democratic mainstream seem so willing to accept is as natural and fine.
Awww... I didn't know you guys cared so much about Biden. Thoughts & Prayers. :itsok:

As for Biden being thrown under the bus, I don't agree. At worse (if this wasn't planned all along) I see it as him being kicked to the curb.

Biden was provided an opportunity in June's debate and he clearly didn't measure up. But unlike all the many Republicans that have fallen out of favor, the Democrats won't dishonor Biden's service to the party and treat him as a non-entity. I see folks like George W Bush and Matt Romney as examples of being thrown under the bus.

Last edited:
As for Biden being thrown under the bus, I don't agree. At worse (if this wasn't all planned all along) I see it as him being kicked to the curb.

Biden was provided an opportunity in June's debate and he clearly didn't measure up. But unlike all the many Republicans that have fallen out of favor, the Democrats won't dishonor Biden's service to the party. I see folks like George W Bush and Matt Romney as examples of being thrown under the bus.
Bush and Romney got actual primary votes.

So?

Yeah, we get it.

The answer really is quite simple.

Joe Biden no longer served them a purpose so they got rid of him.

That's all there is to it. He was just there to sign, say and do what he was told and nothing else. Once his weakness was exposed to the world they tossed him aside because he meant absolutely nothing to their party. He was just a tool they used and once their tool broke they threw it away and got a new one.

The answer really is quite simple.

Joe Biden no longer served them a purpose so they got rid of him.

That's all there is to it. He was just there to sign, say and do what he was told and nothing else. Once his weakness was exposed to the world they tossed him aside because he meant absolutely nothing to their party. He was just a tool they used and once their tool broke they threw it away and got a new one.
They exposed his weakness in order to get rid of him, to be replaced by someone that nobody voted for and was nearly universally detested only days prior.

This is how principle-free and vapid the leftist voter is today.

Biden was provided an opportunity in June's debate and he clearly didn't measure up.

And that was a shock to anyone ???

But unlike all the many Republicans that have fallen out of favor, the Democrats won't dishonor Biden's service to the party and treat him as a non-entity.

While Biden has always been a sleeze in my eyes, in this case it was simply their willingness to admit what we've known all along.
You have to wonder.....starting in 2020 how Biden became the man. It was clear then that he had issues and we (or anyone not drinking the DNC Kool Aid) could see it and wondered at the ferocious push-back when the issue was raised.

So, he did nothing wrong....other than stepping on the stage to begin with.

Romney & Co. have taken their internal complaints external and I have no issues with the censures they've received because of it.

If Liz Cheney doen't turn on Trump, she might be a candidate in 2028.

And still they're treated as non-entities as far as Republicans go. Their party has completely washed their hands of them both and treats them as roadkill. Shameful.

Bush, no so much.....

Romney for sure, has gone external. If you want to do that, you deal with being called disloyal. Sometimes you don't get what you want.

From the article:

Some say the Democrats' reaction to two months of inner-party upheaval illustrated the strength of the party to throw a loyal Democratic veteran of 50 years under the bus so they could replace him with a person far less qualified to walk a mile in his shoes. Democrats proved they will correct their course and put their interests above those of a party loyalist if that's what it takes in order to win.

Nancy Pelosi pushed Biden out and has lied about it ever since. She said....anyone could run.

That's like saying anyone can fly if you consider flying just jumping out of an airplane with no parachute. You'll be in the air long enough to say you flew.

Awww... I didn't know you guys cared so much about Biden. Thoughts & Prayers. :itsok:

You didn't read the article.

We could care less about Biden.

But their actions towards him show just how power hungry the left is.

It's more like..."Sorry, Joe, but we need to win.....you just happen to be in the way....along with all the processes that we would normally follow.......after all.....the end justifies he means".

Are you fucking kidding me?...You ever heard of the "Never Trumpers" ?

Correct.

If we can't have it our way, we'll make sure you don't get yours.

But this thread is about someone highliting the obvious and calling it what it was......a coup.

And how the rank-and-file of the democrats are willing to stand by and let themselves be the Eloi of the country.

Yes, you are right. And the GoP's refusal once again to deal with how the majority of Americans feel will cost them the Presidency and Congress, as well.

Yes, you are right. And the GoP's refusal once again to deal with how the majority of Americans feel will cost them the Presidency and Congress, as well.
So in your opinion the majority of Americans favor high inflation, foreign war and a crisis on our southern border?

Correct.

If we can't have it our way, we'll make sure you don't get yours.

But this thread is about someone highliting the obvious and calling it what it was......a coup.

And how the rank-and-file of the democrats are willing to stand by and let themselves be the Eloi of the country.
Not just a coup...But a coup that handed the reins over to someone, whom they almost universally detested just days prior.

Now, she's supposedly the one to "save of our mocracy!"

2u286k.jpg

Forum List

Back