What Offense Did the Ukrainian People Commit That Caused Them to Be Bombed into Oblivion by The Russian Military at the Command of Putin?

In thinking about why Israel is destroying Gaza and killing tens of thousands of innocent civilians, it caused me, in comparison, to wonder why Putin began bombing Ukraine. I honestly could not remember why this all began.

I'm sure we all agree that retaliating for having been attacked and having your citizens abducted and killed is more than reason enough to go after the perpetrators, even if we do not necessarily agree with how they are going about carrying this out. But what I'm struck with at the moment is how Putin was NOT defending Russia, or retaliating for an attack against the country and its people. This wholesale slaughter of innocent people seems to be based on ideology?

The 3 Eastern Oblasts voted to secede and return to Russian rule. All 3 primarily spoke Russian. Kiev started shelling them repeatedly and actually started an Sniper War with Russia. Russia then began protecting them. Here we are.

Yes, because there is no reason why all those countries are fighting to get into NATO; Russia is just a cute little peaceful huggie bear that loves its neighbors and never hurt anybody. Those evul Amurkinz are provoking the poor lil hapless KGB thug, oops I mean 'peaceful hippie' Putin.
You may be misunderstanding where I’m coming from. I think Putin is a thug and I always have. I never liked or trusted him.

Having said that, were I in his position, I would be concerned too.

Well Russia did invade them twice in the last few year and they were trying to undermine their government...

They were looking to NATO for protection.

Ukraine would have let things alone if Putin had no invaded..
Believe me, I am not defending the guy. As I just told someone else, I’ve always thought Putin was a thug. I also said there was no justification for starting this war.

Now, you say Ukraine was at least a decade away from NATO membership. Maybe, maybe not, but that’s irrelevant.

Horseshit, It is DIRECTLY RELAVANT TO JUSTIFYING A SUPPOSEDLY DEFENSIVE INVASION.

"Well they could have joined a defensive aliance 10 years from now" is NOT AT ALL a sane justification to go invade a country.

There was exactly ZERO eminent threat to Russia and you sound like an idiot when you use those excuses.

Forum List

Back