🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why the hysteria?

My only regret is that they are not likely to shut it down for long enough.
Apparently you would like to see those who depend on Social Security not receive their checks. How about the military? Are you okay with the monthly paychecks not be sent to the soldiers who are serving this country? Are you good with all the national parks closing down? All of the federal agencies? Last time this happened the stock market dropped 2000 points. Do you think this is good for citizens who have invested in the stock market. People who are smarter than you or I and who have studied this pretty much their whole lives are predicting that our credit rating will be reduced which will add to our national debt and which could start us back on the road to a depression. Maybe you would be wise to do a bit of research on the economic disaster you are calling for.

The word is...all those checks will still go out.

As for the parks, so? Why do we NEED the parks open? The Agencies will still have people working in them, just less. You may have to wait a little longer for something. And your side say the republicans are fearmongers???
I am not as sure as you are that there will only be minor problems. I would like to know where you are getting this information. Do you have a link to a responsible news source that backs up what you are saying? If you have read this on some sewer-site it is probably completely false.
Over the last several years I have learned not to believe anything posted by conservatives. I have seen one lie after another from them. "Death panels" anyone?
Here are a few of the many lies about ACA that are being spread by republicans.

SEN. MITCH MCCONNELL (R-KY): Everybody in the country understands that this is a Washington takeover of our health care.

FACT: PolitiFact dubbed the characterization of health care as a government takeover the 2010 Lie of the Year.

REP. PAUL BROUN (R-GA): The whole of Obamacare is geared to force everybody out of private insurance into public insurance policy.

FACT: PolitiFact points out that the law is "at its heart, a system that relies on private companies and the free market."

REP. PAUL BROUN (R-GA): Obamacare. Obamacare, Madame Speaker, is going to kill jobs in America.

FACT: Multiple sources have reported that the health care law doesn't destroy jobs; it actually creates them.

REP. ERIC CANTOR (R-VA): Their proposal blows a hole in the deficit, ours actually saves money.

FACT: According to the Congressional Budget Office, the health care law would reduce the deficit and the Republicans' plan to repeal the law would add $230 billion to the deficit.

GOV. HALEY BARBOUR (R-MS): We can try to make sure that appropriated money cannot be used to further this — not to hire those 16,000 IRS agents that we found out after the fact were going to be needed to enforce this law that the Democrats like to think that everybody's gonna love. If everybody's gonna love it, why do you need 16-17,000 new IRS agents to enforce it?

FACT: FactCheck.org called the IRS claim "wildly inaccurate."

REP. PAUL RYAN (R-WI): When you take away the smoke and the mirrors, this thing has a $701 billion deficit.

FACT: The Congressional Budget Office said the health care law reduces the deficit and does not use "smoke and mirrors" to do so.
The Lies They Love To Tell: Republicans On The Affordable Care Act | Political Correction

the hysteria on the left is actually because they are scared to death that the R tactic may work - as it did in 1995 - and Republicans might get what they want.
After the republicans shut the government down in 1995 they suffered huge losses in the next election. Is that what you call a successful result? There is a reason many of the older and wiser republicans who have been through this before are saying "Don't do it." They know what happened last time.

For information purposes, breakout by Agency on shutdown plans;

Impact of a government shutdown on federal agencies - The Washington Post

For example; Treasury...

"The Treasury Department would continue disbursements of Social Security funds, automated revenue collections and the work of daily cash management for the government, in addition to paying interest on the federal debt. But the department’s largest component, the Internal Revenue Service, would cease some of its key functions such as audits, examinations of returns, processing of paper returns, and call-center operations for taxpayers with questions."

I don't see any problem.

maybe that is why leftards and LSM are in hysteria seizures

It is interesting to see what parts of government are really needed. In the above example with the Treasury, one could conclude that 90% the IRS could probably be run by one guy and an Excel spreadsheet.

Of course, what the sequester taught us is that the Obama Administration will try to shut down the most publicly visible or the most critical functions first for publicities sake. The 'White House tour' strategy.

Count on at least a week of total stupidity starting tomorrow.

A government shutdown would hinder the economy, waste billions of dollars in federal funds and put a scare in the markets, according to experts. It’s already causing a slowdown in normal operations for agencies and businesses.

The Office of Management and Budget estimated in 1996 that the two closures in that fiscal year, which lasted 26 days total, cost the government $1.4 billion, or roughly $2.1 billion in today’s dollars.

Government shutdown would entail costs - The Washington Post
A government shutdown is pointless partisan idiocy on the part of republicans.[/QUOTE]

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid vowed to reject a spending bill passed by the House over the weekend.

when did good ole Harry change parties ?? Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid vowed to reject a spending bill passed by the House over the weekend. :lmao: .... :lmao: .... :lmao: .... :up:

the hysteria on the left is actually because they are scared to death that the R tactic may work - as it did in 1995 - and Republicans might get what they want.
After the republicans shut the government down in 1995 they suffered huge losses in the next election. Is that what you call a successful result? There is a reason many of the older and wiser republicans who have been through this before are saying "Don't do it." They know what happened last time.

It was good for the Country, a success for American taxpayers and got control over spending.
Then the credit was given to President Clinton, instead of the Republicans thanks to the Media.

The Republicans are doing the same thing now.
Stopping a new Government Health Program that the Country can't afford.

Last edited:
Apparently you would like to see those who depend on Social Security not receive their checks. How about the military? Are you okay with the monthly paychecks not be sent to the soldiers who are serving this country? Are you good with all the national parks closing down? All of the federal agencies? Last time this happened the stock market dropped 2000 points. Do you think this is good for citizens who have invested in the stock market. People who are smarter than you or I and who have studied this pretty much their whole lives are predicting that our credit rating will be reduced which will add to our national debt and which could start us back on the road to a depression. Maybe you would be wise to do a bit of research on the economic disaster you are calling for.

As for the parks, so? Why do we NEED the parks open? The Agencies will still have people working in them, just less. You may have to wait a little longer for something. And your side say the republicans are fearmongers???
I am not as sure as you are that there will only be minor problems. I would like to know where you are getting this information. Do you have a link to a responsible news source that backs up what you are saying? If you have read this on some sewer-site it is probably completely false.
Over the last several years I have learned not to believe anything posted by conservatives. I have seen one lie after another from them. "Death panels" anyone?

SEN. MITCH MCCONNELL (R-KY): Everybody in the country understands that this is a Washington takeover of our health care.

FACT: PolitiFact dubbed the characterization of health care as a government takeover the 2010 Lie of the Year.

REP. PAUL BROUN (R-GA): The whole of Obamacare is geared to force everybody out of private insurance into public insurance policy.

FACT: PolitiFact points out that the law is "at its heart, a system that relies on private companies and the free market."

REP. PAUL BROUN (R-GA): Obamacare. Obamacare, Madame Speaker, is going to kill jobs in America.

FACT: Multiple sources have reported that the health care law doesn't destroy jobs; it actually creates them.

REP. ERIC CANTOR (R-VA): Their proposal blows a hole in the deficit, ours actually saves money.

FACT: According to the Congressional Budget Office, the health care law would reduce the deficit and the Republicans' plan to repeal the law would add $230 billion to the deficit.

GOV. HALEY BARBOUR (R-MS): We can try to make sure that appropriated money cannot be used to further this — not to hire those 16,000 IRS agents that we found out after the fact were going to be needed to enforce this law that the Democrats like to think that everybody's gonna love. If everybody's gonna love it, why do you need 16-17,000 new IRS agents to enforce it?

REP. PAUL RYAN (R-WI): When you take away the smoke and the mirrors, this thing has a $701 billion deficit.

FACT: The Congressional Budget Office said the health care law reduces the deficit and does not use "smoke and mirrors" to do so.
The Lies They Love To Tell: Republicans On The Affordable Care Act | Political Correction

Members of the U.S. military would continue to be paid in the event of a government shutdown under a bill passed on Sunday by the Republican-led House of Representatives.
U.S. House passes military pay bill tied to government shutdown - Yahoo Finance

My computer is acting up.....I wasn't finished with my post :)

And as for Social security...

For starters, funding for Social Security is considered "mandatory" and therefore not subject to the annual appropriations process.

Translation: The money that funds benefits is automatically authorized and not dependent on Congress coming to a compromise on a new federal spending measure by Monday night.

Shutdown: Are Social Security payments at risk? - Sep. 24, 2013

So yes....I believe the Military will get their pay, as will people on Social Security.

And...all those statements you posted, and not yet been found to be lies. In fact there's much proof out there that businesses are laying off, moving people to part time, or closing their doors because of what Obamacare is going to cost them. Until it's really in effect tho, NOBODY knows for sure what damage it will do. But so far it doesn't look good. I don't go by what Factcheck or Snopes comes up with....Snopes has already been debunked and proven to lie.

I have food, booze, cigars, 55 inch led tv..I am good till the Super Bowl at least.
Right on!!!! Screw all my fellow Americans who will suffer for the idiocy of the right.

Hey...it's up to Harry now to decide to take what Congress offered. If he doesn't, it's the DEMOCRATS that are shutting down the government. Congress has offered everything the Dems want BUT funding Obamacare. Your Dems are going to hold us hostage of something the majority of Americans do not want or are not sure they want. Way to go!

Forum List

Back