Why the Political Establishment FEARS Ted Cruz

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Interview with Sen. Ted Cruz: Republican defeatism surprises me | Rare

When the campaign started in January 2011, I was at 2% in the polls… and the margin of error was 3%. Nobody gave us a prayer. But, over the next year, thousands upon thousands of men and women across Texas came together and worked tirelessly, knocking on doors, making phone calls, sending e-mails, speaking out on Facebook and Twitter. And, thanks to their incredible hard work, thanks to their passion for change, we went from 2% in the polls to not just winning, but winning the primary by 14 points and winning the general by 16 points. It was an incredible testament to the grassroots, and to what Texans can do working together.

Texans got engaged in the Senate race, I believe, because they understood that the country is at a crossroads. That we cannot keep going down the road we are going, [with] of out-of-control spending, debt, taxes, and regulation. That we can’t keep bankrupting the next generations. And that it has been career politicians in both parties who got us in this mess.

It is a remarkable privilege to serve at a time such as this, at time when the stakes are so high. I’m honored to work for 26 million Texans, and every day I try to do my very best to fight for them, to defend free-market principles and champion our constitutional liberties, so that we can pull our country back from the brink. And I’m deeply optimistic that, together, we can prevail – we can return to our founding principles that have made America the freest and most prosperous nation in the world.

Cruz not only sees the problems clearly, but he has enough faith in the moral right to pursue his reform agenda not matter that the experts say he cant get it done.

This country needs men like him and Senator Paul to restore it to its former glory and prosperity.

We're never gonna' be able to Implement the Global Government we want as long as there are Wingnuts like them defending Consitutional Law.

I have to ask the question- if Libertarianism is the bee's knees, why has NO COUNTRY IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD ever implemented it?

Ted Cruz is unelectable outside of Texas. He will soon wear out his welcome there

Ted Cruz is unelectable outside of Texas. He will soon wear out his welcome there

It's obvious you have no idea what us Texans think of Cruz. He will be around Texas politics for as long as he wants and the majority of Texans support him. On the national front, just wait and see and I hope you like crow.

When the campaign started in January 2011, I was at 2% in the polls… and the margin of error was 3%. Nobody gave us a prayer. But, over the next year, thousands upon thousands of men and women across Texas came together and worked tirelessly, knocking on doors, making phone calls, sending e-mails, speaking out on Facebook and Twitter. And, thanks to their incredible hard work, thanks to their passion for change, we went from 2% in the polls to not just winning, but winning the primary by 14 points and winning the general by 16 points. It was an incredible testament to the grassroots, and to what Texans can do working together.

Texans got engaged in the Senate race, I believe, because they understood that the country is at a crossroads. That we cannot keep going down the road we are going, [with] of out-of-control spending, debt, taxes, and regulation. That we can’t keep bankrupting the next generations. And that it has been career politicians in both parties who got us in this mess.

It is a remarkable privilege to serve at a time such as this, at time when the stakes are so high. I’m honored to work for 26 million Texans, and every day I try to do my very best to fight for them, to defend free-market principles and champion our constitutional liberties, so that we can pull our country back from the brink. And I’m deeply optimistic that, together, we can prevail – we can return to our founding principles that have made America the freest and most prosperous nation in the world.

Cruz not only sees the problems clearly, but he has enough faith in the moral right to pursue his reform agenda not matter that the experts say he cant get it done.

This country needs men like him and Senator Paul to restore it to its former glory and prosperity.

I am in 100% agreement with your comment. However....can any of them win in the general election?? :confused:

I am in 100% agreement with your comment. However....can any of them win in the general election?? :confused:

If Cruz is eligible to run I think he has a great shot.

Also like most politicians by returning to our founding principles he means for straight white christian men. That's it.

Ted Cruz like most politicians SUCK on Foreign Policy.

Name one politician that doesn't.
Ron Paul..I know he is retired but close enough..really can't think of another one I like...I am sure there may be a few....Have to look at Mike Lee,Thomas Massie,Justin Amash.
Also like most politicians by returning to our founding principles he means for straight white christian men. That's it.

But he's not white per se'.

Cuban,Italian,Irish. Most Cubans were of Spanish heritage so yeah he is white.

Ted Cruz like most politicians SUCK on Foreign Policy.

Name one politician that doesn't.
Ron Paul..I know he is retired but close enough..really can't think of another one I like...I am sure there may be a few....Have to look at Mike Lee,Thomas Massie,Justin Amash.

But he's not white per se'.

Cuban,Italian,Irish. Most Cubans were of Spanish heritage so yeah he is white.

Ron Paul?

What has he ever done?

Oh that's right.... NOTHING!!

He's as white as Obama.

I refuse to support another Dole, McCain, or Romney.

I'll sit on the sidelines. Or actively oppose a Chris Christie.

If we don't, the liberal republican establishment will never get the message.

Romney was the last straw.

It's obvious you have no idea what us Texans think of Cruz. He will be around Texas politics for as long as he wants and the majority of Texans support him. On the national front, just wait and see and I hope you like crow.

I will concede you are correct in that you can never overestimate the stupidity of the Texas voter. After all, they did elect Rick Perry Governor three times.
However, I have seen politicians like Ted Cruz my whole life. They exist solely to grab the microphone and appear on camera. They do not last long in the limelight

Last edited:

I will concede you are correct in that you can never overestimate the stupidity of the Texas voter. After all, they did elect Rick Perry Governor three times.
However, I have seen politicians like Ted Cruz my whole life. They exist solely to grab the microphone and appear on camera. They do not last long in the limelight

You're thinking of Antony Wiener.

I have to ask the question- if Libertarianism is the bee's knees, why has NO COUNTRY IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD ever implemented it?

The US came pretty damn close two hundred plus years ago, until the statists and progressives fucked any sense of individualism out of us.

Lincoln was the first real bastard.

Forum List

Back