Why Trump absolutely can not and will not drop out.

R

rdean

Dropping out is the sign of a "loser".

trump-loser-iowa.jpg

If you're a quitter, which is a different name for loser, you only have yourself to blame.

But

If you lose the election, you can blame it on the Republican Party, Paul Ryan, the Media, Bernie supporters, a rigged system and so on.

Then, if you successfully blame it on someone else, then you didn't really lose. You were "cheated". Something entirely different. A winner who was unfairly cheated. Those, we call "martyrs".

FALSE: Trump Said He'd Drop Out If Polls Showed Him Losing to Hillary

trumpdrop.jpg

DONALD TRUMP: If I was dropping in the polls where I saw that I wasn't gonna win, why would I continue? I believe in polls. How many elections do you see where the polls were wrong? Not that many. Okay. You see 'em, but not that many. If I were doing poorly, if I saw myself going down, if you would stop calling me 'cause you no longer have any interest in Trump because "he has no chance," I'd go back to my business. I have no problem with that.

Hillary won't let her long time friend Donald drop out of the race. Then she might have to face off against someone who can beat her.

Hillary won't let her long time friend Donald drop out of the race. Then she might have to face off against someone who can beat her.
That could be true.

Imagine just before the race, Trump drops out and someone is brought in no one knows anything about. Remember the bump Sarah Palin gave the GOP until people found out she was stupid? It took time. We could easily have a worse than Trump or a Sarah Palin.

Right wingers wanted to make Sarah Palin president.

Dropping out is the sign of a "loser".

trump-loser-iowa.jpg

If you're a quitter, which is a different name for loser, you only have yourself to blame.

But

If you lose the election, you can blame it on the Republican Party, Paul Ryan, the Media, Bernie supporters, a rigged system and so on.

Then, if you successfully blame it on someone else, then you didn't really lose. You were "cheated". Something entirely different. A winner who was unfairly cheated. Those, we call "martyrs".
seems easier and cheaper than impeachment. didn't bernie call it a rigged system ?

Dropping out is the sign of a "loser".....If you're a quitter, which is a different name for loser, you only have yourself to blame....But...If you lose the election, you can blame it on the Republican Party, Paul Ryan, the Media, Bernie supporters, a rigged system and so on.

Here the OP, fearful that Trump might step down, taps into Trumps ego hoping to manipulate a last minute turn of events. I would speculate that rdean is a democrat who knows just how valuable a Trump run is for that party in all areas from POTUS to a House Seat....Justices and beyond. It's akin to telling the Trump lurkers here who report to their boss "If Trump steps down he's a yellow, dirty, nobody loser". I mean, it's all over the OP.

It's quite effective too.

Imagine just before the race, Trump drops out and someone is brought in no one knows anything about. Remember the bump Sarah Palin gave the GOP until people found out she was stupid? It took time. We could easily have a worse than Trump or a Sarah Palin.

The GOP wouldn't do that. They would bring in the next guy in line with the most delegates at the convention. The guy that actually is eligible to be POTUS and who wasn't there. They're not stupid. They're not going to circumvent the will of their base by stuffing someone in there that nobody, or fewer people voted for. They will take their voters into consideration. So it definitely will be someone people know about.

Forum List

Back