Zone1 Why was Jesus crucified?

what historical record do you have - the claim jesus claimed to be a messiah - than that of judas making the claim, coincidentally for their soon to be aquired silver coins.
What historical record do you have?

So far you have provided ziltch.

oh----those "predictions" written in hebrew and aramaic prose and poetry
which have been translated under the sponsorships of imperialist reichs?
I’ve also looked at the modern Jewish translations of the Tanakh.

So you are free to challenge any of the translations if you want, just provide the verses in question.

He was amassing too much power and influence.

People were choosing to be controlled by religion rather than the the government.
not really----he was crucified for the SAME REASON that his cousin Mikveh man
John was beheaded-----he ATTACKED ROMAN INTERESTS publically
I’ve also looked at the modern Jewish translations of the Tanakh.

So you are free to challenge any of the translations if you want, just provide the verses in question.
Not me----you want to discuss a verse authored by a jew of the past----YOU INTRODUCE IT---
of course we could compare such verses to Methodist Church insistence that most of the world
is on the edge of HELLFIRE.

not really----he was crucified for the SAME REASON that his cousin Mikveh man
John was beheaded-----he ATTACKED ROMAN INTERESTS publically

Not me----you want to discuss a verse authored by a jew of the past----YOU INTRODUCE IT---
of course we could compare such verses to Methodist Church insistence that most of the world
is on the edge of HELLFIRE.
He was a threat to the government. Same difference

Should be easy for you to give us an accurate translation then.
give it to me in hebrew and I will try my best---there are others
more adept on this board. HOWEVER even in english it is clear to me
that it has nothing to do with the usual manner of begetting---ie the
way JUPITER went about things

give it to me in hebrew and I will try my best---there are others
more adept on this board. HOWEVER even in english it is clear to me
that it has nothing to do with the usual manner of begetting---ie the
way JUPITER went about things
You don’t know how to look up Psalm 2:7 on your own?

How about you give yours on what the meaning is.
"Meaning" doesn't clarify. Are you looking for a summary and explanation with the meaning, or the meaning fo the individual words? Or the meaning of the words as they relate to a larger textual schema?

As a simple example, the second word of the verse doesn't make sense on any simple level. But there is much discussion about what its use invokes in terms of larger meaning, and from that discussion, many translators develop a simple shorthand assuming the reader accepts the logic of the discussions.

I don't care to go thru the trouble
"Meaning" doesn't clarify. Are you looking for a summary and explanation with the meaning, or the meaning fo the individual words? Or the meaning of the words as they relate to a larger textual schema?

As a simple example, the second word of the verse doesn't make sense on any simple level. But there is much discussion about what its use invokes in terms of larger meaning, and from that discussion, many translators develop a simple shorthand assuming the reader accepts the logic of the discussions.

😂

This is a LOT of tap dancing!

:dance:

😂

This is a LOT of tap dancing!

:dance:
You just aren't used to someone thinking and considering variables before typing something. You have thus far not demonstrated any critical thinking about your request, so I'm left having to do all the thinking. Help a brother out -- let me know what the parameters of your request are, or I might give you one that is from over 2000 years ago, by way of the Aramaic

אֶשְׁתְּעֵי קְיָמָא דַייָ אֲמַר חֲבִיב כְּבַר לְאַבָּא לִי אַנְתְּ זַכָּאָה כְּאִלוּ יוֹמָא דֵין בְּרֵיתָךְ
I will tell of the covenant of the Lord. He said: “You are as dear to Me as a son to a father, pure as if this day I had created you.”

and you will have no way to critique that.

Forum List

Back