Why we should listen to the 97%

Ya see, Saigon, drought is always a local event. It never covers an area of more than a few thousand square miles. Eagles can see for hundreds of miles and find water. If the rain isn't falling where they live, they just go somewhere else.

And yet I just presented you with evidence of a drought that covered almost a million square kilometres.

How hard is it for you to accept that more droughts mean more deaths; both human and avian?

BriPat -

On threads like this where you have been proven wrong, and where you obviously realise that you have been proven wrong, it is probably better if you just note that your previous comment was incorrect and that you now understand the facts, rather than going with smart-arse non-sequtiors.

To answer your ridiculous question - tens of thousands of birds die from drought every year. Climate change is forcing those numbers up every year.

In other words, you haven't got a shred of evidence that eagles have ever died because of drought. Ya see, Saigon, drought is always a local event. It never covers an area of more than a few thousand square miles. Eagles can see for hundreds of miles and find water. If the rain isn't falling where they live, they just go somewhere else.

I've met anyone else with your attitude that, as long as Eagles survive, no other life form matters.

Where did I say that? Windmills kill birds of prey like eagles. That's why the subject of eagles came up.

Ya see, Saigon, drought is always a local event. It never covers an area of more than a few thousand square miles. Eagles can see for hundreds of miles and find water. If the rain isn't falling where they live, they just go somewhere else.

And yet I just presented you with evidence of a drought that covered almost a million square kilometres.

In an area that is already a desert. How many eagles live there?

How hard is it for you to accept that more droughts mean more deaths; both human and avian?

First prove that global warming causes drought. I just watched a program on TLC about humans who once lived in the middle of the Sahara between 10,000 and 5,000 years ago. At that time there were huge lakes all over the Sahara "BECAUSE THE CLIMATE WAS WARMER."

BriPat -

I am trying to make this as simple as I can for you.

The incidence of drought is increasing. The severity of droughts is increasing. We know this. It is simple, known, proven fact - and I can present papers for you if you will commit to reading them.

That means more people - and more birds - will die.

Do you understand this?

Todd-

The deaths have already been occuring for 20 years.

Deaths from lack of water as glaciers disappear, deaths from unprecedented drought and floods.

Your lack of general knowledge is absolutely staggering.

I do lack knowledge of the fairy tales you spout.

Bri Pat -

There are no such deaths

As I pointed out to Todd, a staggering lack of general knowledge is not always an acceptable excuse.

Between July 2011 and mid-2012, a severe drought affected the entire East Africa region. Said to be "the worst in 60 years", the drought caused a severe food crisis across Somalia, Djibouti, Ethiopia and Kenya that threatened the livelihood of 9.5 million people. Many refugees from southern Somalia fled to neighboring Kenya and Ethiopia, where crowded, unsanitary conditions together with severe malnutrition led to a large number of deaths. Other countries in East Africa, including Sudan, South Sudan and parts of Uganda, were also affected by a food crisis.

2011 East Africa drought - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We know that climate change creates more droughts, and more severe droughts. More droughts = more deaths from drought.

The climate has been changing in Africa since we first evolved there. Somehow we're still there.
As soon as you can show the percentage of the drought caused by the fact that not every American drives a small, more dangerous, vehicle, be sure to let me know.

BriPat -

I am trying to make this as simple as I can for you.

The incidence of drought is increasing. The severity of droughts is increasing. We know this. It is simple, known, proven fact - and I can present papers for you if you will commit to reading them.

That means more people - and more birds - will die.

Do you understand this?

Please provide evidence that drought is increasing. We're all dying to see it.

You're ignoring the fact that big cars cause danger as well

Please explain the danger you feel I've ignored.

The bigger the car, the more gasoline they consume. The more gasoline burned the more GHGs. The more GHGs, the more AGW. The more AGW, the more death and destruction inflicted on civilization.

That’s not even mentioning where the world will be when the oil is all gone nor the wars to be fought trying to protect dwindling supplies.

You have us confused with gullible drones who believe your AGW abracadabra

Actually, you are very gullible drones. You recite drivel from the boobs and boobies at Fox like the 'bot that you've become.

Bri Pat -

There are no such deaths

As I pointed out to Todd, a staggering lack of general knowledge is not always an acceptable excuse.

Between July 2011 and mid-2012, a severe drought affected the entire East Africa region. Said to be "the worst in 60 years", the drought caused a severe food crisis across Somalia, Djibouti, Ethiopia and Kenya that threatened the livelihood of 9.5 million people. Many refugees from southern Somalia fled to neighboring Kenya and Ethiopia, where crowded, unsanitary conditions together with severe malnutrition led to a large number of deaths. Other countries in East Africa, including Sudan, South Sudan and parts of Uganda, were also affected by a food crisis.

We know that climate change creates more droughts, and more severe droughts. More droughts = more deaths from drought.

The climate has been changing in Africa since we first evolved there. Somehow we're still there.
As soon as you can show the percentage of the drought caused by the fact that not every American drives a small, more dangerous, vehicle, be sure to let me know.

What about the behavior of GHGs do you not understand?

Bri Pat -

The part where I have to drive a much more dangerous automobile to prevent hurricane deaths.

The bigger the car, the more gasoline they consume. The more gasoline burned the more GHGs. The more GHGs, the more AGW. The more AGW, the more death and destruction inflicted on civilization.

That’s not even mentioning where the world will be when the oil is all gone nor the wars to be fought trying to protect dwindling supplies.

Actually, you are very gullible drones. You recite drivel from the boobs and boobies at Fox like the 'bot that you've become.
They're "gullible drones" because you cannot win this debate with those who issue falsified scientific data on your condone list? Seems to me your use of projecting your own bad on somebody else in your mind relieves you of responsibility a debater has to the truth. Sorry, it doesn't. Projection is a tool used by those who lack propriety and introspection, and pal, you almost have it down to an art form, except as the adage says, "you can't fool all of the people all of the time."

Watching your meltdown has been interesting.

Bri Pat -

There are no such deaths

What the Toddbot is reciting is that if Africans can adapt to abject poverty, so can Americans.

The part where I have to drive a much more dangerous automobile to prevent hurricane deaths.

Your pickup is a danger to others, a condition that you accept as irrelevant. We, the people, who are subject to death and dismembership as a result of your idiocy, don't feel inclined to risk our lives for people who don't care about ours.

Your pickup is a danger to others, a condition that you accept as irrelevant. We, the people, who are subject to death and dismembership as a result of your idiocy, don't feel inclined to risk our lives for people who don't care about ours.

Your pickup is a danger to others,

I don't drive a pickup.

We, the people, who are subject to death and dismembership as a result of your idiocy

The idiocy is the idea that CAFE standards have no downside.
That's you and Obama on the side of the idiots.

Bri Pat -

What the Toddbot is reciting is that if Africans can adapt to abject poverty, so can Americans.

There is a drought in Africa, it must be Todd's fault. :cuckoo:

I don't drive a pickup.

We, the people, who are subject to death and dismembership as a result of your idiocy

Every thing has a downside. That’s the limit to conservative thinking

Liberals understand choice, which is an anathema to conservative black and white ''thinking''.

I don't drive a pickup.

Liberals understand choice, which is an anathema to conservative black and white ''thinking''.

Every thing has a downside.

Like thousands of additional annual deaths, because of CAFE standards.

Liberals understand choice,

CAFE standards reduce choice and increase deaths.

They're "gullible drones" because you cannot win this debate with those who issue falsified scientific data on your condone list? Seems to me your use of projecting your own bad on somebody else in your mind relieves you of responsibility a debater has to the truth. Sorry, it doesn't. Projection is a tool used by those who lack propriety and introspection, and pal, you almost have it down to an art form, except as the adage says, "you can't fool all of the people all of the time."

You are as dumb as the conservative drone who insist that learning from others who know more is a logical fallacy.

What you call ''projection'' is, in reality, holding people accountable for their words.

But, we expect nothing more from you. Accountability is a foreign concept to media addicts. If the talking head says jump, the conservative response is always, how high.

I don't drive a pickup.

The choices you are giving come under the topic of "dumb" and "dumber."

You are as dumb as the conservative drone who insist that learning from others who know more is a logical fallacy.

What you call ''projection'' is, in reality, holding people accountable for their words.

But, we expect nothing more from you. Accountability is a foreign concept to media addicts. If the talking head says jump, the conservative response is always, how high.
Not in the communications classes I have taken. Your projection is the blatant attempt to obfuscate the results of your proposals which lack merit based on the need to omit data from scientific information by some alleged scientist dudes who were gonna get rich quick off foundations for which they presented altered data to drive home a lie.

You can't fool me. My college science grades put me on top of the class because I studied my little butt off because I love the beauty and majesty of this wonderful world God wanted me to explore and understand. I loved every lecture, paper, chapter, structure, and map in every one of my science books on a broad range of topics, and I'm still learning.

The scientific community past frowned on charlatans who promulgated data that could not be replicated on account of falsification of data. Today's warmers celebrate getting grants, not getting facts. In fact, they actually need more heat before they catch on to how stupid they've been and ashamed they should be for lying to the world in front of God and everybody.

See you in the funnies of scientific FAILS.

Forum List

Back