Why we want stimulus now and worry about deficits later

This concludes my attempts to get your explanation on why you have labeled the deflation spiral scenario I described a "post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy". No surprises here.

"Stimulus" relies upon either printing up money (inflation) or breaking windows (destroying prosperity in order to "create" it)...There is no other way.

Yes there is, and I mentioned it many many times for anyone who can read. Stimulus relies on borrowing money from the private sector -- the idle money that consumers and business want neither to spend, nor invest. So the private sector is happy to lend them to the government, which explains the ultra low interest rates the government can borrow at.

This way the government can finance the stimulus w/o printing new money or breaking windows.

In any case, you have to surmise that those actions will be the motivation behind scores of millions of people suddenly going out and spending (i.e. pushing strings).

Businesses would have to hire new workers in order to fulfill the government orders. That lowers unemployment -- do you think that having plenty of jobs around can motivate millions of people to go out and spend?

Of course the stimulus has to be large enough make a dent on unemployment. And it was clear from the start that Obama stimulus was too small (700 billions over two years was nowhere near enough to close the 2 trillion gap between the actual and potential GDP).

You live in fantasy land ilia. Nobody invests in this government wonderland of yours, nor does any rational person believe this tale.

All of which assumes (we all know how to spell that, don't we?) that those who get the money won't deposit it, pay down credit lines or turn around and dump it into commodities like metals, in order to maintain their buying power...All of which is happening right now.

Yes, that is the reason for having stimulus, so things would be not like right now.
Isn't circular reasoning wonderful? :rolleyes:

Man, you are pathetic. That doesn't even look like a circular reasoning.

People seeing the unemployment coming down and the economy picking up would be less eager to deposit, pay down the credit or invest in gold. Why wouldn't they?
Not when their buying power is being destroyed

And how exactly a drop in unemployment could possibly contribute to destroying people's buying power?

You really are so arrogant to just think of people as nothing more than herd animals, aren't you?

People are much more than that. But they do behave like a herd sometimes. Just look at yourself.

Last edited:
Your manufactured inflation rate has you blinded ilia. For the items people actually need to pruchase, the costs are climbing. Meanwhile, they take pay cuts in their new jobs or haven't seen a raise in years.

Yes, that is the reason for having stimulus, so things would be not like right now.
Isn't circular reasoning wonderful? :rolleyes:

Man, you are pathetic. That doesn't even look like a circular reasoning.

Not when their buying power is being destroyed

And how exactly a drop in unemployment could possibly contribute to destroying people's buying power?

You really are so arrogant to just think of people as nothing more than herd animals, aren't you?

People are much more than that. But they do behave like a herd sometimes. Just look at yourself.
It's total circular reasoning.....To go with every other logical fallacy your economic-based Marxist religion entails.

But I don't expect insolent know-it-all little punks like you to ever recognize logic and the objectively provable if it was boring up your ass.

You forgot contradictory oddball.

Its just leave it alone for 20 to 30 years and it will all go away. Then its we need more stimulus and more taxes.

I can't even count how many economic terms ilia's screwed up so far.

Its just leave it alone for 20 to 30 years and it will all go away. Then its we need more stimulus and more taxes.

Fuck it...I'm out.

unsubscribe

I know -- trying to prove that 2 + 2 is not equal 4 could be really hard and frustrating.

I hope you'll remember that before writing something like that "I'm perfectly capable of pointing out, as have a number of others on this thread, that none of your claims are..." nonsense.

Last edited:
So some cheapskate Wall Street tool stiffed a waitress?

And his excuse was that it was a political statement?

:lol:

No, kiddies, don't believe this nonsense.

Cheap motherfletchers (who usually have plenty of money) have been stiffing the help for as long as I can remember.

Rich people tend to be not such good tippers, kids.

Oh it's not a black and white issue, but that does seem to be the way it is and always has been.

Fuck it...I'm out.

unsubscribe

I know -- trying to prove that 2 + 2 is not equal 4 could be really hard and frustrating.

I hope you'll remember that before writing something like that "I'm perfectly capable of pointing out, as have a number of others on this thread, that none of your claims are..." nonsense.

Your whole plan rests on hope and fuzzy math idiot.

Fuzzy math .... "Blindfold yourself and pass this 2500 page bill we stuffed obfuscated money-wasters in, and you'll get my endorsement in the next election." ... "I forget" ...

Yep, I broke my Lent promise not to call someone an idiot too. ilia just fits the definition too well, I'd hate to not be accurate.

Yeah, we need more stimulus, just like Japan did, was it nine stimulus plans for them and they didn't work? So let's take a decade to get to recovery.

Yeah, we need more stimulus, just like Japan did, was it nine stimulus plans for them and they didn't work? So let's take a decade to get to recovery.

The only reason for having a stimulus is reducing a high unemployment. Japan's unemployment peaked at just 5.5%, so I'm not sure that there was a need for stimulus in the first place.

The US is a different story.

The only reason for having a stimulus is reducing a high unemployment. Japan's unemployment peaked at just 5.5%, so I'm not sure that there was a need for stimulus in the first place.

Cause idiots like ilia think so...:lol:

Because it's your hero doing it.....

Stop being an idiot. I just explained that Japan did not have high unemployment, unlike the US. That's why stimulus could not helped Japan all that much, but it would be a different story here.

Stop being an idiot. I just explained that Japan did not have high unemployment, unlike the US. That's why stimulus could not helped Japan all that much, but it would be a different story here.

You can hardly call the stimulus an answer for unemployment. Its been over two years and the rate has not changed that much. Time to bring in the unicorns and fairies.

Seriously? That is your answer, so it wouldn't work so they tried it nine times? You have no clue do you? The stimulus just isn't to cure high unemployment, good grief!

The only reason for having a stimulus is reducing a high unemployment.

Based on the results of Porkulus, you think that's a pretty good plan? Obama spends a trillion and UE rockets to 9.3% - maybe if he loots a couple trillion more, he can get UE to 15%

Dare to dream....

Japan's unemployment peaked at just 5.5%, so I'm not sure that there was a need for stimulus in the first place.

The incompetent boob in the White House makes the story a tragedy.

Seriously? That is your answer, so it wouldn't work so they tried it nine times? You have no clue do you? The stimulus just isn't to cure high unemployment, good grief!

Japan never had high unemployment. So maybe their stimulus wasn't really a failure?

Forum List

Back