Why Work?

Is this ridiculous or what?

• Total voters
WHY WORK?

When you can sit on your ass and take advantage of up to 126 Welfare and anti poverty programs offered by the Gov't...................

In many states it is more than the minimum wage for those milking the tit of the Federal Gov't.

2 Studies...............ENJOY
http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/PA694.pdf
http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/the_work_versus_welfare_trade-off_2013_wp.pdf

What's in your wallet?
all-states-welfare.jpg

Around 47 to 49% of Americans pay no Fed taxes.

What happens when it hits 50, 52 or 55%??

More people will be taking and not enough will be giving.

As Maggie Thatcher said. It works great till you run out of other peoples money.

Its coming and not to far in the future either.

One, only one or two states do drug screens for welfare. The others don't.

Two, looking for work and working are two different things. Anybody that goes to a job interview with dirty cloths on and messed up hair won't be offered a job so that's a moot point.

Three, there are all kinds of jobs out there that are not bad paying but Americans would rather sit home on welfare.
Actually, there are 13 states that do drug testing.

But none of them random drug testing. Most test if suspicion is involved. That's not the same as what we working people have.
The state has to have cause to believe the person uses drugs, usually this means being convicted of drug use. Members of the family that don't use drugs can receive benefits. I see a couple of articles that say the programs cost more money than they save. Of course the law is about making a political statement, not saving money.

If it costs more than it saves, why do companies have drug screenings?

Of course unlike business, our government doesn't have insurance making these regulations. As far as a political statement goes, why is it fair that I have to take drug tests to work and create tax money, but people that live on my tax money don't? I mean, if I lose my job because I smoke pot, why shouldn't somebody else lose welfare or food stamps for the same thing?

Mass drug testing by the government is unconstitutional search and seizure. Mass drug testing by a private business is not unconstitutional because it is not being done by the government. Thus private business can make mass drug testing a requirement where government can't.

Fair? We are talking about the law. I suppose one could argue that if you loose your job because of drug usage, you can seek other employment or collect welfare. It is assumed that a person on welfare is unable to provide support for themselves and their family. So if they are denied welfare because of drug usage then they have no alternative for support.

Sure there is an alternative, it's called work.

Plus it goes to show you how F'd up our courts are. It's not unconstitutional because the government makes a requirement for somebody to get taxpayer dollars. Nobody is forcing you to go on welfare. It's just like nobody forces me to take a drug test. If I don't want to take drug tests, then I find another field of work. Nobody is forced to do anything except buy medical insurance in this country.

Actually, there are 13 states that do drug testing.

But none of them random drug testing. Most test if suspicion is involved. That's not the same as what we working people have.
The state has to have cause to believe the person uses drugs, usually this means being convicted of drug use. Members of the family that don't use drugs can receive benefits. I see a couple of articles that say the programs cost more money than they save. Of course the law is about making a political statement, not saving money.

If it costs more than it saves, why do companies have drug screenings?

Of course unlike business, our government doesn't have insurance making these regulations. As far as a political statement goes, why is it fair that I have to take drug tests to work and create tax money, but people that live on my tax money don't? I mean, if I lose my job because I smoke pot, why shouldn't somebody else lose welfare or food stamps for the same thing?

Mass drug testing by the government is unconstitutional search and seizure. Mass drug testing by a private business is not unconstitutional because it is not being done by the government. Thus private business can make mass drug testing a requirement where government can't.

Fair? We are talking about the law. I suppose one could argue that if you loose your job because of drug usage, you can seek other employment or collect welfare. It is assumed that a person on welfare is unable to provide support for themselves and their family. So if they are denied welfare because of drug usage then they have no alternative for support.

Sure there is an alternative, it's called work.

Plus it goes to show you how F'd up our courts are. It's not unconstitutional because the government makes a requirement for somebody to get taxpayer dollars. Nobody is forcing you to go on welfare. It's just like nobody forces me to take a drug test. If I don't want to take drug tests, then I find another field of work. Nobody is forced to do anything except buy medical insurance in this country.

You seem to be doing OK.
You can afford sunglasses and a gun.

The consumers. There is something called the Law of Demand that says the lower the price, the higher the demand and vice versa. If someone offers it at a lower price and consumers buy it from the lower priced place, why is the business wrong for selling it at a lower price?
You worship at the alter of the market god.
I live by the old code..................You don't work you don't eat............

Reap what you sew..................
There's a reason it's an old code ... it's antiquated. We the people have decided we don't want people to starve and there's nothing you can do about it since you don't have the votes.
Spare me your self righteous liberal BS.

No one on the right wants to starve people..........people like me believe in a HAND UP not a HAND OUT.................We don't want anyone to starve either...............

BUT BUT BUT if you ARE CAPABLE OF WORKING then GET OFF YOUR ASS AND WORK............If they are disabled then that is a different situation.....unless they are faking the shit...............

The system gets abused and many as CATO states would rather sit on their ass than get a job.........especially in Blue States where many are getting a lot to sit on their back sides.
60% of those that receive food stamps are working.

They are? Well that must be where all that money comes from when they throw cigarettes, alcohol, greeting cards, flowers, dog food, cat food, cat litter and various other items on the conveyer belt.

The pet owners are feeding their cats and dogs while the taxpayer feeds the pet owners. Then people are confused why there are those of us that vote Republican.

This is the truth that you capitalists' lapdog morons just won't believe. There are no jobs put there.

Skills Won't Get You Anywhere in America

You seek employment advice from the Dally Kos? LOL!

There are no known successful excuse makers in life. All excuse makers are failures. Successful people are those who refuse to use excuses and instead, defeat challenges.

As if you are unaware of the US being inundated with Business Visas.
Either you're a liar or an ignorant ass.

They may be, but that's no excuse why Americans are not working; last count 93 million.

Easy to be a hypocrite, when it's not your money paying someone who does a bad job.

No see I do good work, but I suck at making friends and remembering names, etc etc. So if I were looking for work I would never get a job, because I could never prove to these picky assholes' satisfaction that I would do good work. They demand proof of perfection and people who will vouch for you etc etc...

Wah ... Wah ... Waaaah. Life is not fair and it's all the "fat cat capitalist's" fault!

Yanno, I'm not 7 feet tall so instead of playing pro ball I became a commercial R.E. developer.

Do you loony lefties ever do ANYTHING but whine?

Ever?
You idiots are the ones who are whining about having to pay taxes so that some lazy person can survive instead of starving like you want them to. They can't get low paying jobs even. There aren't enough of those out there. Let them survive and some of them will use the hand up.

If the unemployment rate has dropped like the Obama administration claims, aren't more people working?

This is the truth that you capitalists' lapdog morons just won't believe. There are no jobs put there.

Skills Won't Get You Anywhere in America

You seek employment advice from the Dally Kos? LOL!

There are no known successful excuse makers in life. All excuse makers are failures. Successful people are those who refuse to use excuses and instead, defeat challenges.

You idiots want to eliminate welfare and allow people to starve in this country in order to further enrich greedy corporate fat cats who'd just as soon enslave you as look at you. You crave for the 19th century and third world where the fat cats owned the world and people like you died at 40 after a lifetime of 80 hour weeks.

And you say all a welfare person has to do is get a job out of one side of your mouth and out of the other side you admit that nobody will hire them.

You guys are pathetic and you are owned by your fat cat masters.

Welcome to Utopia.

If you think someone deserves what you've earned, write a check. If you cared as much as you claimed you cared, no one would starve. You'd see a need and meet it. That's what many of us do. The difference is we don't use the government to do it so we can pat ourselves on the backs claiming we care for them because we supported the government taking the money to fund what we support from someone we believe has too much.

The consumers. There is something called the Law of Demand that says the lower the price, the higher the demand and vice versa. If someone offers it at a lower price and consumers buy it from the lower priced place, why is the business wrong for selling it at a lower price?
You worship at the alter of the market god.
I live by the old code..................You don't work you don't eat............

Reap what you sew..................
There's a reason it's an old code ... it's antiquated. We the people have decided we don't want people to starve and there's nothing you can do about it since you don't have the votes.
Spare me your self righteous liberal BS.

No one on the right wants to starve people..........people like me believe in a HAND UP not a HAND OUT.................We don't want anyone to starve either...............

BUT BUT BUT if you ARE CAPABLE OF WORKING then GET OFF YOUR ASS AND WORK............If they are disabled then that is a different situation.....unless they are faking the shit...............

The system gets abused and many as CATO states would rather sit on their ass than get a job.........especially in Blue States where many are getting a lot to sit on their back sides.
60% of those that receive food stamps are working.

Also, there is work rule requirement in SNAP:
With certain exceptions, able-bodied adults between 16 and 60 years of age must register for work, accept an offer of suitable work, and take part in an employment and training program to which they will be referred by the SNAP office.

Generally, able-bodied adults aged 18 to 50 who do not have children and are not pregnant can only get SNAP benefits for 3 months in a 3-year period unless they are working or participating in a work or workfare program.

Facts About SNAP | Food and Nutrition Service

Which means 40% aren't. If those 60% are working, why are the rest of us forced to support them if they have a job? I already know your answer, I mean excuse.

I've seen that accountability process at work. It's a joke. My wife's grandmother managed a clothing store for many years. On occasion I would drop by the store during the day. I happened to be in the store during a time when an unemployed younger female came by. There was a sign in the window saying "We are not hiring". The young lady asked for an application to which my grandmother in law pointed her to the sign in the window. The young lady pulled out a piece of paper, as that was how things were done then, and asked for a signature. It was a form she had to turn in to the unemployment office in order to get a check. I said to "Nana" that the young lady must not be able to read. I was informed that the same young lady came by on a regular basis doing the same thing so she could get a signature and an unemployment check.

Why don't you go live in the lap of welfare luxury and come back and give us a report? If wages have stagnated for so long that the minimum wage is comparable to welfare we have a problem bigger than the "welfare queens" you obsess over.

I bet you all those welfare queens have at least a 32 " flat screen television and a smart phone....

I've seen those welfare queens far too many times in the grocery store using the EBT card to buy food they say they don't have the money to purchase yet magically being able to find cash to buy beer and cigarettes in a subsequent transaction.
You might be surprised to see how little is on those EBT cards. The minimum is $7.25/mo.

I don't care if it's a penny. If you claim you don't have money to buy your own food, you shouldn't be able to pull out money to buy those other items.
SNAP does not ask you if you need money for food and no one claims they need money for food. If your income is low enough, you are a US citizen, and can prove it, you are to entitle to receive food stamps by law. There is nothing wrong or disgraceful with the poor accepting help.

If you apply for FOOD stamps, you're saying you don't have money to buy your FOOD. They don't have to ask. If someone goes to the unemployment office, the logical conclusion is that they are unemployed. No one needs to ask.

You aren't entitled to a damn thing that involves someone else being forced to pay.

There is something severely wrong with someone asking for help to buy their while having enough to buy beer. Why shouldn't they use that beer money for food?

They don't ask for help, they demand it. Just try to take it away and see how much effort they put forth fighting back to get something they didn't earn. If they put half as much effort trying to better themselves as they did trying to get another handout, the problem would solve itself.

Thanks to GOP a-holes. Freedom, right? Actually, ALL states do drug testing, but the ones you admire do way too much. Freedom and who cares how much THAT costs? lol. KILL WELFARE SCUM! And btw, thanks for the corrupt depression. Unbelievable.

No, not because of any GOP, it's because liberal courts struck random drug testing down.

If left up to us, there would be random drug testing. And no, most states don't do any kind of drug testing.
Of course they do, for welfare. And of course the GOP is behind all the drug testing DUH. Started under Raygun.

What's wrong with exception someone getting something for nothing to be clean of drugs?
They STILL GET IT, you just have to spend more of YOUR MONEY lol to "rehabilitate them. What a gd stupid Pub mess.

Someone doing drugs that demands help with financial support can rot.

Thanks to GOP a-holes. Freedom, right? Actually, ALL states do drug testing, but the ones you admire do way too much. Freedom and who cares how much THAT costs? lol. KILL WELFARE SCUM! And btw, thanks for the corrupt depression. Unbelievable.

No, not because of any GOP, it's because liberal courts struck random drug testing down.

If left up to us, there would be random drug testing. And no, most states don't do any kind of drug testing.
Of course they do, for welfare. And of course the GOP is behind all the drug testing DUH. Started under Raygun.

What's wrong with exception someone getting something for nothing to be clean of drugs?
They STILL GET IT, you just have to spend more of YOUR MONEY lol to "rehabilitate them. What a gd stupid Pub mess.

We have courts, thankfully.

So you support someone that relies on someone else being forced to fund their help being able to use drug and still get the handouts? How do they afford the drugs if they can't afford to buy their own damn food?

So you support someone that relies on someone else being forced to fund their help being able to use drug and still get the handouts? How do they afford the drugs if they can't afford to buy their own damn food?
Never happens in reality. People don't rot, they turn really criminal and cost society real money. Brilliant. Wonder how we got the world's biggest most costly prison system by far, half non-violent druggies. 1/6 of black men are felons and unemployed. Great job!

Never happens in reality. People don't rot, they turn really criminal and cost society real money. Brilliant. Wonder how we got the world's biggest most costly prison system by far, half non-violent druggies. 1/6 of black men are felons and unemployed. Great job!

Perhaps those 1/6 of blacks should quit committing crimes and get a damn job.

While they may not physically rot, when they make choices to do such things, they become rotten and there isn't a bit of difference.

Easy to be a hypocrite, when it's not your money paying someone who does a bad job.

No see I do good work, but I suck at making friends and remembering names, etc etc. So if I were looking for work I would never get a job, because I could never prove to these picky assholes' satisfaction that I would do good work. They demand proof of perfection and people who will vouch for you etc etc...

Wah ... Wah ... Waaaah. Life is not fair and it's all the "fat cat capitalist's" fault!

Yanno, I'm not 7 feet tall so instead of playing pro ball I became a commercial R.E. developer.

Do you loony lefties ever do ANYTHING but whine?

Ever?
You idiots are the ones who are whining about having to pay taxes so that some lazy person can survive instead of starving like you want them to. They can't get low paying jobs even. There aren't enough of those out there. Let them survive and some of them will use the hand up.

If the unemployment rate has dropped like the Obama administration claims, aren't more people working?
You know that Obama is ignoring the low labor force participation rate in order to look good. Obama is no saint.

Perhaps those 1/6 of blacks should quit committing crimes and get a damn job.

While they may not physically rot, when they make choices to do such things, they become rotten and there isn't a bit of difference.
"Get a damn job". Doing what? There are not enough jobs to take all of the unemployed.

And you guys keep ignoring that many who receive public assistance have jobs.

So you want most poor people to work 2 or 3 jobs, and then at the same time you claim that there are enough jobs for everybody.

It is nothing but a lie, and you are simply greedy.

[
Why can't employers find employees? Because they're too damn picky and would rather not hire than hire somebody who isn't already doing the exact same job somewhere else and has advanced degrees, at least 5 years experience doing that, and perfect references...

Is there nothing you loony lefties won't whine about?

Employers seek employees to improve or grow their businesses.

Those talented enough to move up to a new job leave behind a perfectly good one that now needs to be filled by a qualified worker.

It is the responsibility of potential employees to attain the skills necessary to get hired or, failing that, resign themselves to low-skill/low wage jobs.
That's an idealist look at it.

Suppose we have some guy with a criminal record who naturally is lazy. If no one will hire him, and there's no welfare, what will he do? He'll just commit more crimes. He won't starve. Do you think prosecuting and incarceration criminals doesn't cost anything?

Forum List

Back