Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

Who should pay for the "success" of the Iraq War?

"While the United States focuses on its budget problems and the costs of the war, it is important to remember the price that Iraq and Iraqis have paid. It's not just the hundreds of thousands who have died during and after the war. There are millions of refugees. The country's infrastructure has been ruined. Corruption is flourishing..."

The Ongoing Costs of the Iraq War | FPIF

The Iraqis?
do you have any links to back up your claims on lives lost?
and refugees?
Saddam had a choice
"They are the forgotten casualties of the Iraq war.

"Fully one in six Iraqis (4.7 million people) fled or were forced from their homes following the U.S. led invasion in 2003, and most have not returned. Close to half are living in neighboring countries such as Jordan and Syria, while the remainder are uprooted within Iraq's borders."

How many Iraqis have Dick and Dubya taken in?
Dick and Dubya had the choice.
Saddam's choice was suicide or lynching.

Iraqi Refugees

There was no need to remove Saddam Hussein that was worth 4000+ American lives, tens of thousands of wounded, and 2 trillion or more in eventual cost.

By those measures, the Iraq war was a failure of American foreign policy. And GW Bush, as the only one who had the authority to choose that course of action, that failure of American foreign policy,

is solely responsible.

Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

Because we're STILL THERE.
COMMIE!

We're still in Germany.
We're still in Japan.
We're still in Mexico...oops...they're next.

Anyway...stop hating and hand over your Social Security.

Germany, Japan and Mexico, ALSO examples of failures of American foreign policy.

And that is especially surprising as in the cases of Japan and Germany, they started out as successful foreign policies.

AS to Social Security?

It turned out that I was one of its big winners.

NOt that I am especially happy with that winning, since it demanded that my life and health had to disintegrate before I could start winning the SSD game.

But I am thankful to this nation for giving me and my family the support we needed when we needed it.

And, as an added bonus, thanks to my illness I found the time to create CBO: the Rosetta Project.

On balance, I suspect that my overall contributions to this society and the world's commweal are actually greater than they were had I continued to teach or work as a computer consultant for Apple.

The irony of that weird fact often amuses me.

My life happened while I was planning other things.

Germany, Japan and Mexico, ALSO examples of failures of American foreign policy.

And that is especially surprising as in the cases of Japan and Germany, they started out as successful foreign policies.

What exactly are you talking about?

Why the second Iraq war was a failure:

1. Loss of Amaerican lives.
2. Added to the deficit.
3. Has not nor will not solve differences between Shiite and Sunni.
4. Created a power vacuum without a strongman leader in a tribal society. Result will be civil war when we leave.

2. Added to the deficit.
4. Created a power vacuum without a strongman leader in a tribal society. Result will be civil war when we leave.

1) I will make no comment on the loss of american lives other than thats part of war that Saddam could have prevented by doing the right thing
2) The failed stimulus added as much to the deficit. Supporting the UN added to the deficit. Closing the base we had in Saudi took away from the deficit
Pakistani Defence Forum > Us Ends Closes Operations At Saudi Base
CBO: Eight Years Of Iraq War Cost Less Than Stimulus Act | FoxNews.com
3) that was no our intent no more than the south and north in this country
4) power vacuum ? power vacuum? do you have any proof of that? they voted there leaders inn or is that fact mean nothing?

2. Added to the deficit.

1) I will make no comment on the loss of american lives other than thats part of war that Saddam could have prevented by doing the right thing
2) The failed stimulus added as much to the deficit. Supporting the UN added to the deficit. Closing the base we had in Saudi took away from the deficit
Pakistani Defence Forum > Us Ends Closes Operations At Saudi Base
3) that was no our intent no more than the south and north in this country
4) power vacuum ? power vacuum? do you have any proof of that? they voted there leaders inn or is that fact mean nothing?

The first too points I made will remain with us regardless of outcome in Iraq.
Point three is why installing any national government in Iraq has failed, outside a strongman leading by fear and use of force. Its history plain and simple. Not sure what more "proof" you need.

Last edited:
Funny thread. JRK never gets tired of making stupid, ill informed threads.

"stabilized?>"

How can you claim it's stabilized when we're still 40K + strong there? Bueller? Bueller?

A sharia law country with a foreign occupying police force is considered "stabilized?" Grow up, dude.

your calling me stupid but yet your respond to my threads
what does that make you?
1) remove Saddam: done
2) allow a democratic government to take its place: done
3) rid the country of WMDs: done
4) Kill as many terrorist as Possible: done

what more was we suppose to do?

Is it paid for / could we afford it? NO.
Did it change life here, for Americans, for the better? NO. People all across the Country have lost loved ones and currently MISS loved ones because of the extended and multiple deployments. Missed their kids' birthdays, Christmasses, etc.

Is it stabilized, or are we there policing it with 40, 000+ for our health? Gee, that's a tough one.

Democracy? You call Sharia law democracy? :lol:

GT you have right to dis agree
the public felt very different
I hate talking about the troops< you know why?
those heroes volunteered for there duties and you liberals claim there being forced to do this
I hate that
by years end that number will be around 10,000

Troops In Iraq | Iraq U.S. troops: U.S. willing to leave 10,000 troops in Iraq past year's end, officials say - Los Angeles Times

you think democracy is funny?
2010 national election

Main article: Iraqi parliamentary election, 2010
The Federal Supreme Court gave its opinion on 13 May 2009 following the request of the Speaker of the Council of Representatives to the Court in its capacity as interpreter of the Constitution under Article 93(2). The issue arising was the interpretation of Article 56 of the constitution which states:
First: The electoral term of the Council of Representatives shall be four calendar years, starting with its first session and ending with the conclusion of the fourth year.
Second: The new Council of Representatives shall be elected forty-five days before the conclusion of the preceding electoral term. The previous election had been on 15 December 2005.
The opening session of the Council of Representatives had been 16 March 2006 (the swearing in session) and the first substantive session of the Council of Representatives was then held on 22 April 2006. The Court was of the opinion that the swearing in session on 16 March 2006 was the "first session" as required by Article 56(First). It therefore followed that the conclusion of the 4th year would be on 15 March 2010 and that the election should be 45 days prior to 15 March 2010, i.e. 30 January 2010. The court decided that the Calendar year referred to was the 365 day Gregorian year (and not for example the 360 day Hijri year).
[edit]

Last edited:
how many trillions of dollars wasted to try and stablize that nation?

yo mean less than 1 trillion dont you?

we are still in Iraq with a military presence. It is still costing us, the iraqi invasion and occupation.

I would argue those cost would be no different if those troops were in Germany at this point. there in the green zone for the most part and the expense it took to house them is done

Funny thread. JRK never gets tired of making stupid, ill informed threads.

"stabilized?>"

How can you claim it's stabilized when we're still 40K + strong there? Bueller? Bueller?

A sharia law country with a foreign occupying police force is considered "stabilized?" Grow up, dude.

your calling me stupid but yet your respond to my threads
what does that make you?
1) remove Saddam: done
2) allow a democratic government to take its place: done
3) rid the country of WMDs: done
4) Kill as many terrorist as Possible: done

what more was we suppose to do?

Makes him a teacher. When you going to start learning?

1. Will just exchange one strongman for another down the road.
2. Nope, will not happen from external pressure.
3. Which is it? Either they had them or they didn't. Since they weren't there is point is moot.
4. And just what number do you have for terrorists killed? I suggest you created more than you killed.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back