Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

The lefties are just recycling through the talking points now. No matter how often they are proven wrong, they think that if they just read through their list often enough they will convince someone.
Produce the text of any UNSC Resolution authorizing the use of force against Iraq.

It is a fact that the U.N. did not authorize any action; it was quite a little issue for the Bush administration while they were trying to drum up support for the war.
"Prior to 2002, the Security Council had passed 16 resolutions on Iraq.

"In 2002, the Security Council unanimously passed Resolution 1441.

"In 2003, the governments of the US, Britain, and Spain proposed another resolution on Iraq, which they called the 'eighteenth resolution' and others called the 'second resolution.'

"This proposed resolution was subsequently withdrawn when it became clear that several permanent members of the Council would cast no votes on any new resolution, thereby vetoing it.

"Had that occurred, it would have become even more difficult for those wishing to invade Iraq to argue that the Council had authorized the subsequent invasion.

"Regardless of the threatened or likely vetoes, it seems that the coalition at no time was assured any more than four affirmative votes in the Council—the US, Britain, Spain, and Bulgaria—well short of the requirement for nine affirmative votes."

United Nations Security Council and the Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since Iraq has never directly attacked the US there was neither a legitimate excuse for invasion based upon individual or collective self-defense nor any Security Council resolution specifically authorizing an attack on Iraq.

War is a racket and Cheney, Bush, Rummy and Condi, et al, have all resumed reaping profits from wars they lied into existence. They should all draw their last breath in supermax.

I am starting to see the "arrest GWB" for war crimes crowd showing up

If you believe that there is some law in this world that prevents this country to take action to either defend them selves and or to remove a regime that this country feels is in its best interest to do so, then your badly mistaken

when this event took place in congress
Senate approves Iraq war resolution - CNN
It began the path to make it legal
when this event took place in congress in 2006, it finished the path to be a legal war
Defense.gov News Article: Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says

It is so simple I cannot believe that people would for one second think this war was anything but in our best interest
When did Iraq launch an armed attack against the US?
When did it threaten such an attack?
What UN Security Council Resolution specifically authorized the use of force against Iraq?

Bush and Cheney are war whores who didn't even have the integrity to risk their own lives in Vietnam.
They should be dropped through trap doors at the end of short ropes.

1993 was the first attack against the US by Iraq
These questions have an obvious bearing not only on past events but on possible future ones as well. [2] It is important to know who Ramzi Yousef is and who his "friends" are, because if he is not just a bomber-for-hire, or an Islamic militant loosely connected to other Muslim fundamentalists, Yousef's "friends" could still prove very dangerous to the United States. It is of considerable interest, therefore, that a very persuasive case can be made that Ramzi Yousef is an Iraqi intelligence agent, and that his bombing conspiracies were meant as Saddam Hussein's revenge for the Gulf War. If so, and if, as U.S. officials strongly suspect, Baghdad still secretly possesses biological warfare agents, then we may still not have heard the last from Saddam Hussein.
Few Americans are aware of the true scale of the destructive ambition behind that bomb, this despite the fact that two years later, the key figure responsible for building it--a man who had entered the United Stares on an Iraqi passport under the name of Ramzi Yousef--was involved in another stupendous bombing conspiracy. In January 1995, Yousef and his associates plotted to blow up eleven U.S. commercial aircraft in one spectacular day of terrorist rage. The bombs were to be made of a liquid explosive designed to pass through airport metal detectors. But while mixing his chemical brew in a Manila apartment, Yousef started a fire. He was forced to flee, leaving behind a computer that contained the information that led to his arrest a month later in Pakistan. Among the items found in his possession was a letter threatening Filipino interests if a comrade held in custody were not released. It claimed the "ability to make and use chemicals and poisonous gas... for use against vital institutions and residential populations and the sources of drinking water." [1] Quickly extradited, he is now in U.S. custody awaiting trial this spring.
THE WORLD TRADE CENTER BOMB: Who is Ramzi Yousef? And Why It Matters - The National Interest, Winter, 1995/96
And as far as your feelings for GWB and D.C goes
your a very sick human being, I will pray for you
Pray for Perry.
He's next.

"Ramzi Yousef sent a letter to the New York Times after bombing the WTC which spelled out the motive: 'We declare our responsibility for the explosion on the mentioned building.

"This action was done in response for the American political, economical, and military support to Israel, the state of terrorism, and to the rest of the dictator countries in the region."

Why do you ignore the millions of innocent humans murdered by the US military since the end of WWII? The actions of psychopaths like Yousef are in direct response to the crimes of mass killers like Kennedy, Carter and Clinton, Bush, Cheney and Obama.

Ramzi Yousef - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You didn't read my post, did you?

Yes, I did. There are even more eloquent neo cons than you making all kinds of excuses about the disaster of going into Iraq! Be proud of the war YOU REPUBS started!:redface:

I dont know how old you are
the vote in congress had 29 Dems voted for it out of 50
besides
Saddam does the right thing from 1991 thru 2003
there is not war

The liberal will never understand the concept of root cause

funny, I dont know old you are either. But then again, I dont care too much anyway.

root cause? ha ha. take credit for the war you guys started. you can name dems all day that voted for it. You seem to think I am a democrat or something. But I do know who dragged this country in iraq. And I HAVE been against it from the beginning! and you know what that makes me? RIGHT!

Being a DAD, I always taught my kids to be honest and stop with the excuse making. The way you neo cons characterize the WAR YOU STARTED shows me a desperate group of people running away from something they started and blaming everyone else! excuses abound! Deflections! Unfortunately for you, I DO REMEMBER Bush staring America in the eye at his State of the Union Adress and LYING to me and the rest of America! OWN UP TO IT, MAN!:eusa_angel:

Yes, I did. There are even more eloquent neo cons than you making all kinds of excuses about the disaster of going into Iraq! Be proud of the war YOU REPUBS started!:redface:

besides
there is not war

funny, I dont know old you are either. But then again, I dont care too much anyway.

root cause? ha ha. take credit for the war you guys started. you can name dems all day that voted for it. You seem to think I am a democrat or something. But I do know who dragged this country in iraq. And I HAVE been against it from the beginning! and you know what that makes me? RIGHT!

Being a DAD, I always taught my kids to be honest and stop with the excuse making. The way you neo cons characterize the WAR YOU STARTED shows me a desperate group of people running away from something they started and blaming everyone else! excuses abound! Deflections! Unfortunately for you, I DO REMEMBER Bush staring America in the eye at his State of the Union Adress and LYING to me and the rest of America! OWN UP TO IT, MAN!:eusa_angel:

Own up to what?
excuses?
kids?
I have presented of factual history of the events that led up to the invasion of Iraq. At no time have I stated that people who are against the war are bad people or there wrong. The purpose of this thread iwas simple, and it was so simple that its scary
Your opinion on those evens are yours to keep. To protray those events in a in-accurate way and to do harm to the sacrifices those kids made to make this event a success is not

1) Saddam and his his weapons are gone
2) from that a republic in the middle east is born

Lies? what lies?
chill out

Produce the text of any UNSC Resolution authorizing the use of force against Iraq.

It is a fact that the U.N. did not authorize any action; it was quite a little issue for the Bush administration while they were trying to drum up support for the war.
"Prior to 2002, the Security Council had passed 16 resolutions on Iraq.

"In 2002, the Security Council unanimously passed Resolution 1441.

"In 2003, the governments of the US, Britain, and Spain proposed another resolution on Iraq, which they called the 'eighteenth resolution' and others called the 'second resolution.'

"This proposed resolution was subsequently withdrawn when it became clear that several permanent members of the Council would cast no votes on any new resolution, thereby vetoing it.

"Had that occurred, it would have become even more difficult for those wishing to invade Iraq to argue that the Council had authorized the subsequent invasion.

"Regardless of the threatened or likely vetoes, it seems that the coalition at no time was assured any more than four affirmative votes in the Council—the US, Britain, Spain, and Bulgaria—well short of the requirement for nine affirmative votes."

United Nations Security Council and the Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since Iraq has never directly attacked the US there was neither a legitimate excuse for invasion based upon individual or collective self-defense nor any Security Council resolution specifically authorizing an attack on Iraq.

War is a racket and Cheney, Bush, Rummy and Condi, et al, have all resumed reaping profits from wars they lied into existence. They should all draw their last breath in supermax.

The 1993 WTC bombing was done with an Iraqi at the helm

The Un does not supercede the US senate when it comes to defending this country. Never has, never will
They were given years to clean uo that mess

kaz said:

No you didn't dumb ass.

Neocon? I'm not a Republican, I'm against the wars and I'm against government spending. On the other hand you are a clueless moron.

kaz said:

No you didn't dumb ass.

Neocon? I'm not a Republican, I'm against the wars and I'm against government spending. On the other hand you are a clueless moron.

Hey! this a fun forum where we can call each other names like clueless morons!:clap2:

What would happen if I called you a clueless moron FIRST, before you got that amazingly mature insult in? Would I win the debate then?:lol:

besides
there is not war

Own up to what?
excuses?
kids?
I have presented of factual history of the events that led up to the invasion of Iraq. At no time have I stated that people who are against the war are bad people or there wrong. The purpose of this thread iwas simple, and it was so simple that its scary
Your opinion on those evens are yours to keep. To protray those events in a in-accurate way and to do harm to the sacrifices those kids made to make this event a success is not

Lies? what lies?
chill out

Well, since your opinon is so factual I wave my white flag!!!! ha ha hee hee!:tongue:

kaz said:
No you didn't dumb ass.

Hey! this a fun forum where we can call each other names like clueless morons!:clap2:

What would happen if I called you a clueless moron FIRST, before you got that amazingly mature insult in? Would I win the debate then?:lol:

You called me a Repub and a neocon and blamed me for the war for a post I wrote saying I was against the war, and you're complaining about the level of discourse? You're an idiotic ass hole who doesn't read posts before you respond to them. There was already no level of discourse so I decided to have fun. You're not that either.

kaz said:

No you didn't dumb ass.

To start with to the both of you, the war in Iraq is over, we won

I am against foolish spending also.
from this voctory we have saved billions that makes no headlines
for one
BBC NEWS | Middle East | US pulls out of Saudi Arabia
in addition the failed job stimulus cost as much as the war in Iraq
we got a return on the war
CBO: Eight Years Of Iraq War Cost Less Than Stimulus Act | FoxNews.com

No you didn't dumb ass.

You called me a Repub and a neocon and blamed me for the war for a post I wrote saying I was against the war, and you're complaining about the level of discourse? You're an idiotic ass hole who doesn't read posts before you respond to them. There was already no level of discourse so I decided to have fun. You're not that either.

so I've called you a neo con and a repub and you've called me a clueless moron and an idiotic asshole! Now that's some REAL FUN right there!!!:lol:

and, Yes, I blamed YOU, and ONLY YOU for the war!!!!!! hahahahahha!!!! I love politics!

kaz said:
No you didn't dumb ass.

for one

Since I am an isolationist all I know is we need to get out of the Middle East, Period.

Own up to what?
excuses?
kids?

Lies? what lies?
chill out

Well, since your opinon is so factual I wave my white flag!!!! ha ha hee hee!:tongue:

you have not kept up with this thread, thats obvious
The US senate voting in favor of removing Saddam from power with force in 2002 is not an opinion
Blix speech 1-27-2003 is not an opinion
The DOD providing proof that there was WMDs that remained in Iraq in 2006 is not an opion
flying 30+ loads of "yeloow cake" out of Iraq in 2008 is not an opinion
Saddams own people hanging him is not an opinion
62% of the Iraqi people voting in the election in the year of our lord 2010 is not an opinion

still thik this is funny?

No you didn't dumb ass.

for one

Since I am an isolationist all I know is we need to get out of the Middle East, Period.
And destroy what evidence of wrongdoing was done our friends, relatives, and loved ones in NYC on 9/11/2001, plus risk a reattack if we are perceived as weak? I hope you rethink your position, unless you are a conscientious objector and cannot.

Last edited:

for one

And destroy what evidence of wrongdoing was done our friends, relatives, and loved ones in NYC on 9/11/2001, plus risk a reattack if we are perceived as weak? I hope you rethink your position, unless you are a conscientious objector and cannot.

Saddam gave us no choice and the one thing Obama has done that I have supported was to finish the job
iraq was done when he took office
but he has kept the heat on those who wnat to harm us (the troops have )

The premise for going to war, let alone the war itself, was a failure. We aren't any safer today than we were before the invasion, and even if the only guideline you're using for victory is the fact that we've propped up a representative government still in it's infancy, it's still a failure. Nation-building isn't a justified pretext for war, and if it was we would have been too preoccupied in any other number of countries that could use it, but are in reality generally ignored by the US. It's easy to sit here in hindsight and cherry pick what little good it has produced as the ends to try to justify the means...but for every good development that has occurred since April of 2003 there are 5 or more bad ones.

We messed up on that one, and if we were a smart nation we'd learn from it and move on instead of constantly searching for validation when none is due.

Own up to what?
excuses?
kids?

Lies? what lies?
chill out

you have not kept up with this thread, thats obvious
The US senate voting in favor of removing Saddam from power with force in 2002 is not an opinion
Blix speech 1-27-2003 is not an opinion
The DOD providing proof that there was WMDs that remained in Iraq in 2006 is not an opion
flying 30+ loads of "yeloow cake" out of Iraq in 2008 is not an opinion
Saddams own people hanging him is not an opinion
62% of the Iraqi people voting in the election in the year of our lord 2010 is not an opinion

still thik this is funny?

If more folks were like me, we wouldnt of ever been stuck there in the first place!:clap2:

you can have iraq. glad you're enjoying our efforts and think it's all hunky dory we invaded them! Yay for america!:cool:

Forum List

Back