Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

Blix said Saddam was increasingly cooperative while the Bush administration was dismissing the usefulness of the inspections

Talk about spin. He said Saddam had gone from completely impeding the investigation to that he thought he could complete it despite Hussein's lack of cooperation. While that does technically meet the definition of "increasing" cooperation, clearly it's phrased that way to be intentionally misleading.

I opposed the wars, but the Left's endless efforts like yours to weasel out of your equal culpability is crap and I reject it. Your politicians were just as guilty. Iraq wasn't our business and wouldn't have been regardless of the existence of WMD's. All this endless endless cat and mouse game does is show you have no conviction and never did.

If the left had any integrity, you should say "we" were wrong, and we learned our lesson to not meddle in other people's affairs. That would set you apart from the Republicans. Your endless finger pointing blame shifting games don't.

you finally got it
your opion
and I have never tried to change what your opinion is
You think we should have never invaded Iraq
Our president and those who we voted to represent us thought different

What I said was it was my opinion that his was the most myopic administration ever. You try to take that and extrapolate it to fit your agenda. I never said it was my opinion they shouldn't have invaded although that's true.

I've only argued facts and you are beginning to really look silly. Take a step back and reread some of the posts, try to catch up before you really damage your image and reputation on this BB.

Look
if you think that about me, then just ignore me ok
you have not argued one fact because no one can argue that the senate approved the attack in 02, that Blix stated in 03 that Iraq had not got it yet and that he thought there was anthrax still there as well as WMDs and that in 06 the DOD prvided proof that he was right about the WMDs, just not the number

There were NO WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION.

There was NO MOBILE WEAPONS LABORATORY.

There were NO UN-MANNED AERIAL VEHICLES.

There was NO ATTEMPT TO PURCHASE "YELLOW CAKE URANIUM".

THERE WERE HOWEVER LIES....LIES....LIES....LIES....LIES AND GODDAMNED MOTHERFUCKING LIES.

Defense.gov News Article: Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says
that should take care of the WMds

Of note too is a January 2004 revelation by Syrian journalist defector Nizar Nayuf. He reported there were three locations in Syria where Iraqi WMDs had been transported prior to the 2003 invasion and were being stored. He also revealed some of these sites were being built with North Korean cooperation. This explained why three years later Israel attacked a nuclear facility being built in Syria by Pyongyang — and Syria’s subsequent failure to criticize Israel for fear of drawing further international attention to what Damascus had been doing.

Five years after Joe Wilson’s op-ed claimed no yellowcake was sold to Iraq — the ease with which Saddam could have snapped his fingers and reinstituted his nuclear program became apparent. In July 2008, in an operation kept secret at the time, 37 military air cargo flights shipped more than 500 metric tons of yellowcake — found in Iraq — out of the country for further transport and remediation to Canada.

that should take care of the yellow cake

Media Slow To Show WikiLeaks Justified Iraq War - HUMAN EVENTS

mothe fu----?

snopes.com: Yellowcake Uranium Removed from Iraq

That should take care of the yellow cake and I've already destroyed your other 'arguments'.

What that there was yellow cake in Iraq?
where in the hell do you think it came from?
did you read the wikileak link?
you are only making it worse for yourself

and you have destoroyed nothing kid
CONGRESS VOTED TO ARRACK 2002
BLIX GAVE THE REAON TO ATTACK 03
DOD GAVE EVIDENSE THE ATTACK WAS JUSTIFIED 2006
you have not destroyed but one thing
any respect you had on this message board
NOW GO AWAY

Blix said Saddam was increasingly cooperative while the Bush administration was dismissing the usefulness of the inspections

Talk about spin. He said Saddam had gone from completely impeding the investigation to that he thought he could complete it despite Hussein's lack of cooperation. While that does technically meet the definition of "increasing" cooperation, clearly it's phrased that way to be intentionally misleading.

I opposed the wars, but the Left's endless efforts like yours to weasel out of your equal culpability is crap and I reject it. Your politicians were just as guilty. Iraq wasn't our business and wouldn't have been regardless of the existence of WMD's. All this endless endless cat and mouse game does is show you have no conviction and never did.

If the left had any integrity, you should say "we" were wrong, and we learned our lesson to not meddle in other people's affairs. That would set you apart from the Republicans. Your endless finger pointing blame shifting games don't.

I remember how happy the repubs were when the dems supported the effort to go into Iraq! The love was touching! ha ha

Nice of y'all to share the spoils of the Iraq War! Kind of odd though, considering how much you guys always ridicule libs and never give them credit for doing anything well. Except in this case....hmmm! lol

I respect your feelings
Saddam does the right thing 10 years prior none of this happens
my intent is not to point fingers
Obama was elected on lies
whether you support the war or not, the number of lies that got Obama elected many of us have made a commitment to share the truth
not the the whole yruth, but that part that was never told

I respect your feelings
Saddam does the right thing 10 years prior none of this happens
my intent is not to point fingers
Obama was elected on lies
whether you support the war or not, the number of lies that got Obama elected many of us have made a commitment to share the truth
not the the whole yruth, but that part that was never told

dont you mean leis?:tongue: he was born in hawaii after all!:lol:

Spring me from this fated flop you fools
I ran one step ahead
As you followed in the trance
Between McClellan's pages that were pressed
In jingoland's hot, fevered iron
This could be my last dance

Junior's Lark is melting in the dark
All the sweet, green money flowing down
Someone left the yellowcake in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'Cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again
Oh, no!

I recall the yellowcake deal
Foaming like a righties swollen gland
Karl Rove had us on our knees
The Congress, like tender babies in his hands
All those ol' peckers were a breeze

Jiunior's lark is melting in the dark
Oh, no!

[break]

Will there be pardon song for me
Or should I sing ?
Will Valerie take the reaming for me
her neck someone should ring
I will drink the motu wine tonight
And never let you catch me screwing your sons
And after all the loves of my life
After all the loves of my life
You'll still be the most fun...

I will take media into my hands and I will use it
I will win the worship in their eyes and I will abuse it
I will have the things that I desire
And my money flow like rivers ,then i will fly....
I'll be thinking of you
Because it's all my pie

[extended break]

All that sweet, green money flowing down
Someone left the yellowcake out in the rain
Oh, no!
Oh, no
No, no
Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Spring me from this fated flop you fools
I ran one step ahead
As you followed in the trance
Between McClellan's pages that were pressed
In jingoland's hot, fevered iron
This could be my last dance

Oh, no!

I recall the yellowcake deal
Foaming like a righties swollen gland
Karl Rove had us on our knees
The Congress, like tender babies in his hands
All those ol' peckers were a breeze

Jiunior's lark is melting in the dark
Oh, no!

[break]

Will there be pardon song for me
Or should I sing ?
Will Valerie take the reaming for me
her neck someone should ring
I will drink the motu wine tonight
And never let you catch me screwing your sons
You'll still be the most fun...

I will take media into my hands and I will use it
I will win the worship in their eyes and I will abuse it
I will have the things that I desire
And my money flow like rivers ,then i will fly....
I'll be thinking of you
Because it's all my pie

[extended break]

All that sweet, green money flowing down
Someone left the yellowcake out in the rain
Oh, no!
Oh, no
No, no
Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

not sure what all of that means
congress as I recall made no mention of Yellow cake
there mandate was to do with the UN and WMDs
clearly with over 500 munitions found after we invaded that met the criteria of WMDs that Saddam was to have done away with met the senates mandate
I may be taking you to serious
its all good

I'm sure if the Iraq War had turned out to be a huge success, all we'd hear from tea party/neo cons is all about how the democrats tried to keep us from getting involved. Again, starting an uneccessary war is one of the worst things humans can do. There's a darn good reason that repubs WANT to share the "spoils" of THIER effort in Iraq so badly. What pisses me off is Obama not getting us out of there a long time ago.

I remember how happy the repubs were when the dems supported the effort to go into Iraq! The love was touching! ha ha

Nice of y'all to share the spoils of the Iraq War! Kind of odd though, considering how much you guys always ridicule libs and never give them credit for doing anything well. Except in this case....hmmm! lol

You didn't read my post, did you?

Yes, I did. There are even more eloquent neo cons than you making all kinds of excuses about the disaster of going into Iraq! Be proud of the war YOU REPUBS started!:redface:

I'm sure if the Iraq War had turned out to be a huge success, all we'd hear from tea party/neo cons is all about how the democrats tried to keep us from getting involved. Again, starting an uneccessary war is one of the worst things humans can do. There's a darn good reason that repubs WANT to share the "spoils" of THIER effort in Iraq so badly. What pisses me off is Obama not getting us out of there a long time ago.

To start with GWB got us out of Iraq in 2008
U.S.

And i wonder what is suppose to be said about Iraq
we did what we went to do, how do you call that a failure?
there has been so much hate from the left with this event every one is tired of hearing it. ow can you celebrate a victory of this nature when everytime you bring it up people like that are right here on this board go ape shit

You didn't read the information in the link. The yellow cake further debunks your argument.

:lol:

You really should look into it.

and you have destoroyed nothing kid

All of your points have been debunked and rebutted more than once. That you chose to ignore facts is of no consequence to me.

Whenever you're ready to directly address even one of my rebuttals, I'll be ready to answer but until then, you lose.

Yes, I did. There are even more eloquent neo cons than you making all kinds of excuses about the disaster of going into Iraq! Be proud of the war YOU REPUBS started!:redface:

I dont know how old you are
the vote in congress had 29 Dems voted for it out of 50
besides
Saddam does the right thing from 1991 thru 2003
there is not war

The liberal will never understand the concept of root cause

there mandate was to do with the UN and WMDs

Bush kicked the inspectors out before they finished.

Are you trying to say that he didn't?

you keep saying that
GWB kicked no-one out
they knew the wrath of US military was coming
what does that have to do with Saddam not doing what he was suppose to do?
You keep saying that like it had something to do with there mision failed

let me try this again
there mission would have not failed if saddam does the right thig

do you think the oil and kickbacks the UN was getting had anything to do with any of this?

Sevan, along with UN Deputy Secretary-General, Louise Frechette, rejected any such investigation, claiming that it would be too expensive to be worthwhile. Sevan ordered the shredding of years' worth of documents concerning the programme.[9]

In response to these criticisms, and to evidence acquired after the United States invasion of Iraq, UN Secretary-General accusations were made that skimmed profits were being used to buy influence at the UN and with Kofi Annan himself.

According to an interim report released on February 3, 2005 by former Federal Reserve chairman Paul Volcker's commission (see #Investigations below), much of the food aid supplied under the programme "was unfit for human consumption". The report concluded that Sevan had accepted nearly $150,000 in bribes over the course of the programme, and in 2005 he was suspended from his position at the United Nations as a result of the investigation of fraud in the programme.[10]

You have defended these same people and atatacked our president and yet thet truth tells a different story

Oil-for-Food Programme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you keep saying that
GWB kicked no-one out

Your just kidding right?

you keep saying that
GWB kicked no-one out

Your just kidding right?

there is nothing about these events I would kid about
and as far as the yellow cake goes, what country was this stuff found in?
you keep trying to attack me and ignore the information
its all a liberal knows how to do

Chemical weapons, especially, did not vanish from the Iraqi battlefield. Remnants of Saddam's toxic arsenal, largely destroyed after the Gulf War, remained. Jihadists, insurgents and foreign (possibly Iranian) agitators turned to these stockpiles during the Iraq conflict -- and may have brewed up their own deadly agents."

In 2008, our military shipped out of Iraq -- on 37 flights in 3,500 barrels -- what even The Associated Press called "the last major remnant of Saddam Hussein's nuclear program": 550 metric tons of the supposedly nonexistent yellowcake. The New York Sun editorialized: "The uranium issue is not a trivial one, because Iraq, sitting on vast oil reserves, has no peaceful need for nuclear power. ... To leave this nuclear material sitting around the Middle East in the hands of Saddam ... would have been too big a risk."

Now the mainscream media no longer deem yellowcake -- the WMD Bush supposedly lied about -- a WMD. It was, well, old. It was degraded. It was not what we think of when we think of WMD. Really? Square that with what former Democratic National Chairman Howard Dean said in April 2004: "There were no weapons of mass destruction." MSNBC's Rachel Maddow goes even further, insisting, against the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, that "Saddam Hussein was not pursuing weapons of mass destruction"!

The WikiLeaks Vindication of George W. Bush - Larry Elder - Townhall Conservative

Forum List

Back