Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

Look you can have it your way
I mean no dis respect
Saddam was an evil, very evil person
the world is better off without him

So, essentially, your argument is that the ends justified the means...it took a while but we got there at last.

no my argument is that the media stopped reporting the story in 2004
my argument is that WMDs were found
My argument has always been Saddam did not cooperate and it cost him his life
My argument has been and always has been that the yellow cake under Saddams control was there and we got rid of it

My argument was not pointed at you any-way
your opinion is just that, your opinion
dont confuse me respecting your opinion with confusing with me who will never allow the lies to go on around me
let us review

congress approves the use of force If Saddam does not cooperate with the UN
Jan 2003 Hans Blix of the UN make speech that Iraq has not accepted the andate to dis arm
that 6500 munitions have been documented to exist, are never found (500+ are, see later)
anthrax and nerve gas
we invade 2003, march
@006 the DOD provides the proof that Saddam had over 500 munitions that met the classification of WMD
2008 it becomes public that there is also 550 metric tons of yellow cake we have found

Stop being a pin head,

Your timeline misses out the bit where the UN confirms that Saddam has not been co-operating and and asks the US to invade.
They had no UN mandate despite their claim.

Go on, call me another name.

1) REMOVE SADDAM
DONE
2) STABILIZE COUNTRY
DONE
3) HAVE A REPUBLIC BORN OF THESE EVENTS
DONE

Am missing something here?
If I remember correctly, the whole premise for this war was based on the existance of WMD and Saddam's refusal to allow proper monitoring.

Stabilizing Iraq and creating a Republic were later justifications that the Bush Administration was forced to invent as face saving measures when no WMD could be found!

Document 52: Department of State Cable from George P. Shultz to the United States Embassy in Lebanon [et al.]. "Department Press Briefing, March 30, 1984," March 31, 1984.

..... It responds to questions from the press about U.S. policy regarding the Iran-Iraq war, and a department spokesperson says Iraq's chemical weapons use will not change U.S. interest in pursuing closer U.S.-Iraq relations.

Source: Declassified under the Freedom of Information Act

Shaking Hands with Saddam Hussein

Try reading the actual resolution..... it will keep you from sounding this ignorant again....
With all due respect, its not my job to research and justify your position.

If I have a point to make, I'll research it and provide references, BUT its the height of arrogance for you to expect your opponent to do reseach your position too!

Last edited:
Why would anyone continue to claim the Iraqi war was a failure?

Because we spent a trillion dollars and 4,000 American lives to set up a Shia government in Iraq allied with Iran.

It is illegal to invade for the purpose of regime change.

Really?

Can you point out the section or amendment of the US Constitution that states such?

I mean, you DO understand that we are governed by the Constitution, and not the dictates of UN apparatchiks, don't you?

Where did you get the idea that it was ok?

Oh, and an Authorization to Use Force it’s still not a Declaration of War.

It's as close as we will see in our lifetimes. Political correctness ensures that war will never again be declared. But of course, it is a war, and that is what congress authorized.

Serious question, why do you think Obama hasn't ceded sovereignty and declared the USA to be subjects of the UN? This is obviously the desire and goal of the left, so why didn't Obama with the Super Majority of the extreme left he enjoyed a year ago, just do it? Then there would be no question, the security council could arrest Bush, and break up Tea Parties, why did the left squander the opportunity to change the nation into something more to their liking?

There are higher laws than the American Constitution.

So, essentially, your argument is that the ends justified the means...it took a while but we got there at last.

My argument has been and always has been that the yellow cake under Saddams control was there and we got rid of it

dont confuse me respecting your opinion with confusing with me who will never allow the lies to go on around me
let us review

Jan 2003 Hans Blix of the UN make speech that Iraq has not accepted the andate to dis arm
that 6500 munitions have been documented to exist, are never found (500+ are, see later)
anthrax and nerve gas
we invade 2003, march
@006 the DOD provides the proof that Saddam had over 500 munitions that met the classification of WMD
2008 it becomes public that there is also 550 metric tons of yellow cake we have found

Stop being a pin head,

Your timeline misses out the bit where the UN confirms that Saddam has not been co-operating and and asks the US to invade.

I called you a name because you jumped in the middle of a conversation that had nothing to do with you
You attempted to make it appear I had done something beyond saying to the person I was talking to we had reached a point in where it was time to agree to dis agree
Now to your "point" about Iraq cooperating
this mess began in 1991, with weapon bans in 1997

This was 1-27-2003
It was thje straw that broke the camals back, we invaded less than 8 weeks later

Chief UN weapons inspector Hans Blix remarked in January 2003 that "Iraq appears not to have come to a genuine acceptance—not even today—of the disarmament, which was demanded of it and which it needs to carry out to win the confidence of the world and to live in peace."[115] Among other things he noted that 1,000 short tons (910 t) of chemical agent were unaccounted for, information on Iraq's VX nerve agent program was missing, and that "no convincing evidence" was presented for the destruction of 8,500 litres (1,900 imp gal; 2,200 US gal) of anthrax that had been declared.[115]
Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

let us review

anthrax and nerve gas
we invade 2003, march

Stop being a pin head,

I called you a name because you jumped in the middle of a conversation that had nothing to do with you
You attempted to make it appear I had done something beyond saying to the person I was talking to we had reached a point in where it was time to agree to dis agree

This was 1-27-2003
It was thje straw that broke the camals back, we invaded less than 8 weeks later

Chief UN weapons inspector Hans Blix remarked in January 2003 that "Iraq appears not to have come to a genuine acceptance—not even today—of the disarmament, which was demanded of it and which it needs to carry out to win the confidence of the world and to live in peace."[115] Among other things he noted that 1,000 short tons (910 t) of chemical agent were unaccounted for, information on Iraq's VX nerve agent program was missing, and that "no convincing evidence" was presented for the destruction of 8,500 litres (1,900 imp gal; 2,200 US gal) of anthrax that had been declared.[115]

It's hardly a private conversation when you post it on a message board.

Where was the UN resolution for invasion?
After all, Iraq's apparent flouting of the UN resolutions one of the main US justifications.

Because we spent a trillion dollars and 4,000 American lives to set up a Shia government in Iraq allied with Iran.

The 4000 women and men who sacrificed there Lives did it because they felt it was the right thing to do. Who are you to question that?
as far as the money goes, BHO failed stimulus cost as much as the IRAQI war
WMDs gone
yellow cake gone
A man who had killed over 1 million people, gone
Lied to the world when he was given 100s of chances

This was 1-27-2003

After all, Iraq's apparent flouting of the UN resolutions one of the main US justifications.

Its hardly accurate to respond to a thread not directed at you.
The "flouting" as you put it had allot to do with the confirmation that US and British Intel was accurate and that there are some who claimed then and today those weapons were being moved
The US congress gave resolution to invade. Its all this country will ever need

The 4000 women and men who sacrificed there Lives did it because they felt it was the right thing to do. Who are you to question that?
WMDs gone
yellow cake gone

Is this private?
Wouldn't it be tragic if the 4,000 people were deceived and died for a false cause?

This was 1-27-2003

Its hardly accurate to respond to a thread not directed at you.
The "flouting" as you put it had allot to do with the confirmation that US and British Intel was accurate and that there are some who claimed then and today those weapons were being moved
The US congress gave resolution to invade. Its all this country will ever need

No, they used the UN as justification as well but had no mandate from them.
So, does the US only belong to the UN to provide legal backing for it's meddling in other sovereign nations' affairs (which it was unable to attain in this case)?

Well shit, we spent $4 trillion dollars to put unemployment at 9.2% and set the USA into a double dip recession, yet you think Obama is god!

The take-away message seems to be, those that thought invading Iraq was a good idea rank right up there with the people that think Obama is God. Is that what you're telling us?!?! If not, why use it as justification? :cool:

Well shit, we spent $4 trillion dollars to put unemployment at 9.2% and set the USA into a double dip recession, yet you think Obama is god!

The take-away message seems to be, those that thought invading Iraq was a good idea rank right up there with the people that think Obama is God. Is that what you're telling us?!?! If not, why use it as justification? :cool:

Yeah the waste of money in Iraq shows republicans don't care about wasteful spending, and the stimulus shows democrats don't care about wasteful spending. So when either side uses $ as their excuse for being against something, I can't help but laugh.

Both sides just want to have their brains taxed out and their gov't to spend kajillions on whatever big government project they've been told to love.

WMDs gone
yellow cake gone

Is this private?
Wouldn't it be tragic if the 4,000 people were deceived and died for a false cause?

You know those 4000 kids dont think they were lied to
You have no right questioning those kids courage
YOU HAVE NO RIGHT
You dont like GWB, thats your cross to bear. Those kids knew what they were getting into when they volunteered
LET IT GO
ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS
THAT WAS THERE CHOICE, RESPECT IT OR SHUT UP

Yeah the waste of money in Iraq shows republicans don't care about wasteful spending, and the stimulus shows democrats don't care about wasteful spending. So when either side uses $ as their excuse for being against something, I can't help but laugh.

Both sides just want to have their brains taxed out and their gov't to spend kajillions on whatever big government project they've been told to love.

The term waste when it comes to IRAQ is an opinion, you should treat as such
The weapons
The killing
The lying is gone

and just how much did we really waste?
how much less is the UN getting now that we finished that mess
and how much money are we saving by closing bases like the one in Saudi?
Defense.gov News Article: Saudi Base to Close, Ops Center Moves to Qatar

No longer existent:
Camp Doha (closed in 2006, forces and equipment distributed among Camps Arifjan and Buehring)
Camp Navistar(closed 2007)
Camp New Jersey (closed in 2004) Combined to become part of Camp Virginia
Camp New York (closed in 2004, reactivated and deactiviated several time since.)
Camp Pennsylvania (closed in 2004)
Camp Victory (closed in 2006)
Camp Wolverine (closed in 2004)
Camp Maine (closed in 2003)
This list is incomplete; you can help by expanding it.

now do your DD on these matters and maybe you will learn something

WMDs gone
yellow cake gone

No WMDs as described, no yellow cake as described, a broken economy, and you are too slimy to even mention the 4000 plus heroes, JRK. Pull your tongue out please before you even think of doing it again. To use their deaths for your sick ends is beyond just pathetic, it is evil.

Forum List

Back