Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

The take-away message seems to be, those that thought invading Iraq was a good idea rank right up there with the people that think Obama is God. Is that what you're telling us?!?! If not, why use it as justification? :cool:

Yeah the waste of money in Iraq shows republicans don't care about wasteful spending, and the stimulus shows democrats don't care about wasteful spending. So when either side uses $ as their excuse for being against something, I can't help but laugh.

Both sides just want to have their brains taxed out and their gov't to spend kajillions on whatever big government project they've been told to love.

The term waste when it comes to IRAQ is an opinion, you should treat as such
The weapons
The killing
The lying is gone

and just how much did we really waste?
how much less is the UN getting now that we finished that mess
and how much money are we saving by closing bases like the one in Saudi?
Defense.gov News Article: Saudi Base to Close, Ops Center Moves to Qatar

No longer existent:
Camp Doha (closed in 2006, forces and equipment distributed among Camps Arifjan and Buehring)
Camp Navistar(closed 2007)
Camp New Jersey (closed in 2004) Combined to become part of Camp Virginia
Camp New York (closed in 2004, reactivated and deactiviated several time since.)
Camp Pennsylvania (closed in 2004)
Camp Victory (closed in 2006)
Camp Wolverine (closed in 2004)
Camp Maine (closed in 2003)
This list is incomplete; you can help by expanding it.

now do your DD on these matters and maybe you will learn something

Iraq was never the least bit of a threat, if you think it was you have a sad opinion of our military. So I don't give a damn how many super soaker 3000's they had, I don't give a damn about the UN and their sanctions or regulations.

Saddam killing his own people isn't a concern of the US gov't or the responsibility of the US taxpayer, I know I sound like a super meanyhead saying that but if we actually gave a damn about that we wouldn't ally ourselves with similar monsters like those running Saudi Arabia.

Even your neocon heros admit the mile long list of mistakes in Iraq, a shame you can't. Even O'Reilly says we should've never gone, he's spot on.

The term waste when it comes to IRAQ is an opinion, you should treat as such The weapons The killing The lying is gone

Eight Facts About Iraq

by Laurence M. Vance

Iraq was not a threat to the United States. Although Bush’s initial justification for war was that Iraq was a "threat to the United Nations" (certainly no reason for the U.S. to go to war), this was soon shifted to Iraq being a threat to the United States. But even though Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld insisted that "no terrorist state poses a greater and more immediate threat to the security of our people and the stability of the world than the regime of Saddam Hussein in Iraq," the condition of Iraq said otherwise. Iraq had no navy or air force. Iraq’s economy was in ruin after a decade of sanctions – sanctions that destroyed its water supplies. The GNP of Iraq was not even 15 percent of that of the state of Washington. The only time in history when Iraq did actually attack the United States – an Iraqi warplane attacked a U.S. ship in the Persian Gulf in 1987 resulting in the killing of dozens of U.S. sailors – we did nothing because Iraq apologized for its "mistake." No, the greatest threat to freedoms of the American people is not Iraq. The greatest threat to the freedoms of the American people is not some country six thousand miles away; it is our own government. How is it that in a country with such a heritage of individual liberty like the United States, one can smoke in a restaurant in Baghdad, but not in Manhattan? How is it that in a country with a Christian heritage like the United States, one can buy a gun in Baghdad, but not in Washington D. C.? If Iraq’s neighboring countries did not feel the need to send troops to Baghdad, then why did we?

Eight Facts About Iraq by Laurence M. Vance

Yeah the waste of money in Iraq shows republicans don't care about wasteful spending, and the stimulus shows democrats don't care about wasteful spending. So when either side uses $ as their excuse for being against something, I can't help but laugh.

Both sides just want to have their brains taxed out and their gov't to spend kajillions on whatever big government project they've been told to love.

The weapons
The killing
The lying is gone

No longer existent:
Camp Doha (closed in 2006, forces and equipment distributed among Camps Arifjan and Buehring)
Camp New York (closed in 2004, reactivated and deactiviated several time since.)

Iraq was never the least bit of a threat, if you think it was you have a sad opinion of our military. So I don't give a damn how many super soaker 3000's they had, I don't give a damn about the UN and their sanctions or regulations.

Saddam killing his own people isn't a concern of the US gov't or the responsibility of the US taxpayer, I know I sound like a super meanyhead saying that but if we actually gave a damn about that we wouldn't ally ourselves with similar monsters like those running Saudi Arabia.

Even your neocon heros admit the mile long list of mistakes in Iraq, a shame you can't. Even O'Reilly says we should've never gone, he's spot on.

Iraq was never a threat is very correct, Saddam is gone
our military has nothing to do with the events that began after 9-11 and ended in march of 2003
Your opinion is just that, My intent has never been to change anyones
Let me add allot of those opinions are based on false, in accurate and 1/2 truths when it comes to info
does not matter
have offered a factual history and the success the war has become
thats all
your against it, you think it failed, you think a man who murderd 1 million of his own people that had a citizen blow up the WTC in 1993, who was sitting on 550 metric tons of yellow cake, who buried his fighter jets and lied about it, who had enough anthrax to kill 100s of thousands, who had 6500 munitions that only 500 or so have been found, who did not bury it? but buried his fighter jets, who was such a threat we had to have troops in Saudi and Kuwait until we invaded
You think?
No threat huh?
you and Riley keep on keeping on
But there it is

JRK
Member #28394

Iraq was never a threat is very correct

Thank you for finally admitting what we all already knew.

Well done!

your a paid spammer
i always knew it and you just give yourself away
never mis quote me again
THATS WHY IRAQ IS NEVER A THREAT ANY-MORE
Saddam is gone
dont you ever take one of my quotes out of context again, you cannot deal with the truth so be it
LET IT GO, DONT NEVER DO IT AGAIN

The 4000 women and men who sacrificed there Lives did it because they felt it was the right thing to do. Who are you to question that?
as far as the money goes, BHO failed stimulus cost as much as the IRAQI war
WMDs gone
yellow cake gone
A man who had killed over 1 million people, gone
Lied to the world when he was given 100s of chances

Is this private?
Wouldn't it be tragic if the 4,000 people were deceived and died for a false cause?

You know those 4000 kids dont think they were lied to
You have no right questioning those kids courage
YOU HAVE NO RIGHT
You dont like GWB, thats your cross to bear. Those kids knew what they were getting into when they volunteered
LET IT GO
ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS
THAT WAS THERE CHOICE, RESPECT IT OR SHUT UP

Who questioned their courage or their decision to go? You're turning this into something it isn't. You're right that it's GWB cross to bear. Lamenting the 4,000 in no way shows disrespect towards the troops.

what has amazed about this entire thread is the number of people who have no idea why there against what we did and think they have the right to decide what happens to those people who had the courage and reasons within there hearts to volunteer to do what they felt was the right thing

Every time there reasons have been in correct
they have blamed GWB and not said a word about the UN stating the very same things
It has been proven 100 times that the Military did find out dated but still carrying the nasty WMDs
over 500 of them. And some-how these munitions are not the same as one that was sitting on a scud ready to launch
the UN and the US congress did not state what shape the container that held the mustard gas was suppose to be in
THE SHIT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE GONE
nor the yellow cake

and what happened to the anthrax and the nerve gas and the other 6000 munitions that Saddam had according to everybody including the UN and Saddams own documents?

Buried like he buried his fighter jets?

No threat to us?

Look your opinions are fine with me, but try and find a reason that is real and stop taking what I say out of context because thats all you have left

Is this private?
Wouldn't it be tragic if the 4,000 people were deceived and died for a false cause?

You know those 4000 kids dont think they were lied to
You have no right questioning those kids courage
YOU HAVE NO RIGHT
You dont like GWB, thats your cross to bear. Those kids knew what they were getting into when they volunteered
LET IT GO
ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS
THAT WAS THERE CHOICE, RESPECT IT OR SHUT UP

Who questioned their courage or their decision to go? You're turning this into something it isn't. You're right that it's GWB cross to bear. Lamenting the 4,000 in no way shows disrespect towards the troops.

That is exactly what it does. I did not go because I am past 50
I tried to get a job with Halliburton
Those who went feel the same way I do, It was the right thing to do
your telling them it was the wrong thing to do, why do you think i am so passionate about this and the facts getting out there?
Bush?
are you kidding me?
could we have done a better job
Hell yes
Did the Intel get some things wrong? I dont know, the UN had as much shit we said he had, Allot of stuff even Saddam his self claimed he had has never been seen
THE MAN BURIED HIS FIGHTER JETS AND LIED ABOUT THAT
To start with the UN should have backed us up, told Saddam your done, go away (like we did, you forget that also)

Those kids believed in what they done and lord knows it was a HUGE success
In 8 years that country went from one that had 1 million people murdered to a republic in which women can even vote and hold office
are you kidding me?

The weapons
The killing
The lying is gone

No longer existent:

our military has nothing to do with the events that began after 9-11 and ended in march of 2003
Your opinion is just that, My intent has never been to change anyones
Let me add allot of those opinions are based on false, in accurate and 1/2 truths when it comes to info
does not matter
have offered a factual history and the success the war has become
thats all
your against it, you think it failed, you think a man who murderd 1 million of his own people that had a citizen blow up the WTC in 1993, who was sitting on 550 metric tons of yellow cake, who buried his fighter jets and lied about it, who had enough anthrax to kill 100s of thousands, who had 6500 munitions that only 500 or so have been found, who did not bury it? but buried his fighter jets, who was such a threat we had to have troops in Saudi and Kuwait until we invaded
You think?
No threat huh?
you and Riley keep on keeping on
But there it is

Great I'll let you keep believing that drivel.

This is a question I always have for hyper-partisans, don't you find it to be such an odd coincidence that your "facts" always 100% of the time line up with the party you worship? That's never the least bit weird to you guys?

JRK
Member #28394

Iraq was never a threat is very correct

Well done!

your a paid spammer
never mis quote me again
Saddam is gone
dont you ever take one of my quotes out of context again, you cannot deal with the truth so be it

You've got to wonder why Bush invaded if Saddam was never a threat.

That's part of what makes the invasino illegal you know.

1) REMOVE SADDAM
DONE
2) STABILIZE COUNTRY
DONE
3) HAVE A REPUBLIC BORN OF THESE EVENTS
DONE

Am missing something here?

Iraq isn't stable, and even if it was, I don't know how a pro-Iran government in Baghdad is better for American interests.

JRK
Member #28394

Well done!

your a paid spammer
never mis quote me again
Saddam is gone

your funny and your on ignore
you lowered yourself down to where Jake is
Good luck in life bro, with your attitude along with the way you use your intelligence you will need it
I mean it, I will pray for you
This is nothing a man should have made a joke about

Boo you have your opinion, I have no desire to change that
War of aggression? if you say so.
The inspections became mute when Blix stated that all of that "stuff' was still missing
Powell and others claimed it was being moved, time had run out

looks like now he was right. You want keep tooting the horn that states the US/GEB did something wrong'
have at it
Legally your wrong as this has all ready went to court in this country
U.S. law
Further information: Doe v. Bush, US Constitution, and US law
In early 2003, the Iraq Resolution was challenged in court to stop the invasion from happening. The plaintiffs argued that the President does not have the authority to declare war. The final decision came from a three-judge panel from the US Court of Appeals for the First Circuit which dismissed the case. Judge Lynch wrote in the opinion that the Judiciary cannot intervene unless there is a fully developed conflict between the President and Congress or if Congress gave the President "absolute discretion" to declare war.[5

The reason the UN was formed is not an opinion.

Based on the fact that the Bush administration signed on to SCR 1441 and then disregarded it when it became obvious that the UN was not going to produce a resolution authorizing military action it is my opinion that the Iraqi invasion and occupation was a war of aggression.

Look you can have it your way
I mean no dis respect
Saddam was an evil, very evil person
the world is better off without him

Saddam may or may not have been a very evil person but without the WMD the WH claimed he was actively producing his regime, his military did not poise a significant threat to the US. There are tens of thousands of US casualties and their families who must deal with the consequences of the invasion and occupation. I don't think they are better off. I'm not too sure the region is better off either. It looks like Turkey seems to be ready to attack the Kurds and Iran seem to be shelling them regularly too. Not to mention the civil conflict that killed an untold number of Iraqis.

1) REMOVE SADDAM
DONE
2) STABILIZE COUNTRY
DONE
DONE

Iraq isn't stable, and even if it was, I don't know how a pro-Iran government in Baghdad is better for American interests.

I guess having Saddam there with 1 million dead Iraqis and god knows what weapons he really had was better?
I guess the 62% of people who voted in the last election including women make it an Iranian type govt?
THINK PEOPLE

your a paid spammer
never mis quote me again
Saddam is gone

your funny and your on ignore
you lowered yourself down to where Jake is
Good luck in life bro, with your attitude along with the way you use your intelligence you will need it
I mean it, I will pray for you
This is nothing a man should have made a joke about

You admitted Saddam was never a threat. That's all those of us anti-warmongers need to hear.

The fact that you can still justify war and so many dead americans despite Iraq never being a threat is quite chilling.

The reason the UN was formed is not an opinion.

Based on the fact that the Bush administration signed on to SCR 1441 and then disregarded it when it became obvious that the UN was not going to produce a resolution authorizing military action it is my opinion that the Iraqi invasion and occupation was a war of aggression.

Look you can have it your way
I mean no dis respect
Saddam was an evil, very evil person
the world is better off without him

Saddam may or may not have been a very evil person but without the WMD the WH claimed he was actively producing his regime, his military did not poise a significant threat to the US. There are tens of thousands of US casualties and their families who must deal with the consequences of the invasion and occupation. I don't think they are better off. I'm not too sure the region is better off either. It looks like Turkey seems to be ready to attack the Kurds and Iran seem to be shelling them regularly too. Not to mention the civil conflict that killed an untold number of Iraqis.

ARE YOU GUYS E MAILING EACH OTHER?
look dude those people who went to war supported the very things your against, could you please respect those people enough to get off of there fucking backs? Its none of you affair, Those kids believed, you did not, they mad the sacrifices, you chose not to

There has been about 100,000 killed according to most reputable sources sense the invasion
MORE than that have been murdered in this country during the same time and 900,000 less than the same sources stated about Saddam had killed in Iraq

1) REMOVE SADDAM
DONE
2) STABILIZE COUNTRY
DONE
DONE

I guess having Saddam there with 1 million dead Iraqis and god knows what weapons he really had was better?
I guess the 62% of people who voted in the last election including women make it an Iranian type govt?
THINK PEOPLE

We do, in fact, know what sort of weapons we had. The Bush administration's claims were false. Nuclear program was non-functioning. Chemical weapons were in such bad shape they weren't usable.

As for the last Iraqi election, look at the results. al-Maliki, an Iranian ally and involved in terrorist attacks against Americans go back to the 1980s, remains as prime minister.

Forum List

Back