Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

You've got to wonder why Bush invaded if Saddam was never a threat.

That's part of what makes the invasino illegal you know.

your funny and your on ignore
you lowered yourself down to where Jake is
Good luck in life bro, with your attitude along with the way you use your intelligence you will need it
I mean it, I will pray for you
This is nothing a man should have made a joke about

You admitted Saddam was never a threat. That's all those of us anti-warmongers need to hear.

The fact that you can still justify war and so many dead americans despite Iraq never being a threat is quite chilling.

That was taken out of context and you know it
Dead Americans?
You know what is chilling?
you think this is a game and those kids who gave there lives and believed in this mission are a political pawn to you
you want to be on my ignore list?
go right ahead bud, go for it
I have no desire or debate anything who thinks people who gave it all by choice in something they believed as much as i do it was the right thing

May god forgive you for doing this to those kids memories

Iraq isn't stable, and even if it was, I don't know how a pro-Iran government in Baghdad is better for American interests.

I guess having Saddam there with 1 million dead Iraqis and god knows what weapons he really had was better?
I guess the 62% of people who voted in the last election including women make it an Iranian type govt?
THINK PEOPLE

We do, in fact, know what sort of weapons we had. The Bush administration's claims were false. Nuclear program was non-functioning. Chemical weapons were in such bad shape they weren't usable.

As for the last Iraqi election, look at the results. al-Maliki, an Iranian ally and involved in terrorist attacks against Americans go back to the 1980s, remains as prime minister.

Did the UN claims differ from GWB claims?
were did it say those weapons from the terms were to remain no matter what the shape?
and the yellow cake? means nothing?
last election had women elected and women voted
they do not allow that in Iran, just the oppoisite

Nouri al-Maliki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"He left Syria for Iran in 1982, where he lived in Tehran until 1990, before returning to Damascus where he remained until U.S. coalition forces invaded Iraq and toppled Saddam's regime in 2003.[4] While living in Syria, he worked as a political officer for Dawa, developing close ties with Hezbollah and particularly with Iran, supporting that country's effort to topple Saddam's regime.[5]"

That's your prime minister of Iraq, so thousands of americans died to put a friend to Hezbollah in office. Thank goodness for the War in Iraq.....................................

Look you can have it your way
I mean no dis respect
Saddam was an evil, very evil person
the world is better off without him

So, essentially, your argument is that the ends justified the means...it took a while but we got there at last.

no my argument is that the media stopped reporting the story in 2004
my argument is that WMDs were found
My argument has always been Saddam did not cooperate and it cost him his life
My argument has been and always has been that the yellow cake under Saddams control was there and we got rid of it

My argument was not pointed at you any-way
your opinion is just that, your opinion
dont confuse me respecting your opinion with confusing with me who will never allow the lies to go on around me
let us review

2002ongress approves the use of force If Saddam does not cooperate with the UN
Jan 2003 Hans Blix of the UN make speech that Iraq has not accepted the andate to dis arm
that 6500 munitions have been documented to exist, are never found (500+ are, see later)
anthrax and nerve gas
we invade 2003, march
@006 the DOD provides the proof that Saddam had over 500 munitions that met the classification of WMD
2008 it becomes public that there is also 550 metric tons of yellow cake we have found

Stop being a pin head,

Sorry but those are your opinions not facts.

BBC NEWS | Americas | US gives up search for Iraq WMD

Intelligence officials have confirmed the US has stopped searching for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
They say the chief US investigator, Charles Duelfer, is not planning to return to the country.

Mr Duelfer reported last year that Iraq had no stockpiles of chemical or biological weapons at the time of the US-led invasion nearly two years ago.

Also don't forget the Iraq Survey Group's Final Report.

ISG has not found evidence to show that Iraq sought uranium from abroad after 1991 or renewed indigenous production of such material—activities that we believe would have constituted an Iraqi effort to reconstitute a nuclear weapons program

Iraq Survey Group Final Report

JRK
Member #28394

There you go again, making my points for me.

According to the UN, Saddam was in compliance when Bush invaded.

Thanks again JRK!

So, essentially, your argument is that the ends justified the means...it took a while but we got there at last.

My argument has been and always has been that the yellow cake under Saddams control was there and we got rid of it

dont confuse me respecting your opinion with confusing with me who will never allow the lies to go on around me
let us review

Jan 2003 Hans Blix of the UN make speech that Iraq has not accepted the andate to dis arm
that 6500 munitions have been documented to exist, are never found (500+ are, see later)
anthrax and nerve gas
we invade 2003, march
@006 the DOD provides the proof that Saddam had over 500 munitions that met the classification of WMD
2008 it becomes public that there is also 550 metric tons of yellow cake we have found

Stop being a pin head,

Intelligence officials have confirmed the US has stopped searching for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
They say the chief US investigator, Charles Duelfer, is not planning to return to the country.

Mr Duelfer reported last year that Iraq had no stockpiles of chemical or biological weapons at the time of the US-led invasion nearly two years ago.

ISG has not found evidence to show that Iraq sought uranium from abroad after 1991 or renewed indigenous production of such material—activities that we believe would have constituted an Iraqi effort to reconstitute a nuclear weapons program

bull shit
Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says

By Samantha L. Quigley
American Forces Press Service
WASHINGTON, June 29, 2006 – The 500 munitions discovered throughout Iraq since 2003 and discussed in a National Ground Intelligence Center report meet the criteria of weapons of mass destruction, the center's commander said here today.
"These are chemical weapons as defined under the Chemical Weapons Convention, and yes ... they do constitute weapons of mass destruction," Army Col. John Chu told the House Armed Services Committee.
The Chemical Weapons Convention is an arms control agreement which outlaws the production, stockpiling and use of chemical weapons. It was signed in 1993 and entered into force in 1997.
The munitions found contain sarin and mustard gases, Army Lt. Gen. Michael D. Maples, director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, said. Sarin attacks the neurological system and is potentially lethal.
"Mustard is a blister agent (that) actually produces burning of any area (where) an individual may come in contact with the agent," he said. It also is potentially fatal if it gets into a person's lungs.
The munitions addressed in the report were produced in the 1980s, Maples said. Badly corroded, they could not currently be used as originally intended, Chu added.
While that's reassuring, the agent remaining in the weapons would be very valuable to terrorists and insurgents, Maples said. "We're talking chemical agents here that could be packaged in a different format and have a great effect," he said, referencing the sarin-gas attack on a Japanese subway in the mid-1990s.
This is true even considering any degradation of the chemical agents that may have occurred, Chu said. It's not known exactly how sarin breaks down, but no matter how degraded the agent is, it's still toxic.
"Regardless of (how much material in the weapon is actually chemical agent), any remaining agent is toxic," he said. "Anything above zero (percent agent) would prove to be toxic, and if you were exposed to it long enough, lethal."
Though about 500 chemical weapons - the exact number has not been released publicly - have been found, Maples said he doesn't believe Iraq is a "WMD-free zone."
"I do believe the former regime did a very poor job of accountability of munitions, and certainly did not document the destruction of munitions," he said. "The recovery program goes on, and I do not believe we have found all the weapons."
The Defense Intelligence Agency director said locating and disposing of chemical weapons in Iraq is one of the most important tasks servicemembers in the country perform.
Maples added searches are ongoing for chemical weapons beyond those being conducted solely for force protection.
There has been a call for a complete declassification of the National Ground Intelligence Center's report on WMD in Iraq. Maples said he believes the director of national intelligence is still considering this option, and has asked Maples to look into producing an unclassified paper addressing the subject matter in the center's report.
Much of the classified matter was slated for discussion in a closed forum after the open hearings this
Defense.gov News Article: Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080707/pl_afp/usiraqcanadauraniumnuclear_080707154601

Quote, July 7, 2008: "At Iraq's request, the US military this year transferred hundreds of metric tons of yellowcake uranium from Iraq to Canada in a secret, weeks-long operation, a Pentagon spokesman said Monday.

The 550 metric tons of uranium, which was sold to a Canadian company, was moved by truck convoy to Baghdad's "Green Zone," then flown by military aircraft to a third country where it was put on a ship for Canada, said Bryan Whitman, the spokesman.

The yellow cake was discovered by US troops after the 2003 US invasion of Iraq at the Tuwaitha Nuclear Research Facility south of Baghdad, and was placed under the control of the International Atomic Energy Agency."

..Again! more evidence that Saddam HAD materials for WMDs!

your funny and your on ignore
you lowered yourself down to where Jake is
Good luck in life bro, with your attitude along with the way you use your intelligence you will need it
I mean it, I will pray for you
This is nothing a man should have made a joke about

You admitted Saddam was never a threat. That's all those of us anti-warmongers need to hear.

The fact that you can still justify war and so many dead americans despite Iraq never being a threat is quite chilling.

Dead Americans?
you think this is a game and those kids who gave there lives and believed in this mission are a political pawn to you
I have no desire or debate anything who thinks people who gave it all by choice in something they believed as much as i do it was the right thing

Nope not a political pawn, i hate both parties equally. I think it's sad that your republican heros and the democrats fill our great young soldiers minds with lies in order to get them to go fight their wars.

They believed the lies they were told, most of us americans buy the lies our politicians feeds us, it's sad that the lies of our pathetic politicians on both sides of the aisle got them killed.

let us review

anthrax and nerve gas
we invade 2003, march

Stop being a pin head,

bull shit
Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says

By Samantha L. Quigley
American Forces Press Service
WASHINGTON, June 29, 2006 – The 500 munitions discovered throughout Iraq since 2003 and discussed in a National Ground Intelligence Center report meet the criteria of weapons of mass destruction, the center's commander said here today.
"These are chemical weapons as defined under the Chemical Weapons Convention, and yes ... they do constitute weapons of mass destruction," Army Col. John Chu told the House Armed Services Committee.
The Chemical Weapons Convention is an arms control agreement which outlaws the production, stockpiling and use of chemical weapons. It was signed in 1993 and entered into force in 1997.
The munitions found contain sarin and mustard gases, Army Lt. Gen. Michael D. Maples, director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, said. Sarin attacks the neurological system and is potentially lethal.
"Mustard is a blister agent (that) actually produces burning of any area (where) an individual may come in contact with the agent," he said. It also is potentially fatal if it gets into a person's lungs.
The munitions addressed in the report were produced in the 1980s, Maples said. Badly corroded, they could not currently be used as originally intended, Chu added.
While that's reassuring, the agent remaining in the weapons would be very valuable to terrorists and insurgents, Maples said. "We're talking chemical agents here that could be packaged in a different format and have a great effect," he said, referencing the sarin-gas attack on a Japanese subway in the mid-1990s.
This is true even considering any degradation of the chemical agents that may have occurred, Chu said. It's not known exactly how sarin breaks down, but no matter how degraded the agent is, it's still toxic.
"Regardless of (how much material in the weapon is actually chemical agent), any remaining agent is toxic," he said. "Anything above zero (percent agent) would prove to be toxic, and if you were exposed to it long enough, lethal."
Though about 500 chemical weapons - the exact number has not been released publicly - have been found, Maples said he doesn't believe Iraq is a "WMD-free zone."
"I do believe the former regime did a very poor job of accountability of munitions, and certainly did not document the destruction of munitions," he said. "The recovery program goes on, and I do not believe we have found all the weapons."
The Defense Intelligence Agency director said locating and disposing of chemical weapons in Iraq is one of the most important tasks servicemembers in the country perform.
Maples added searches are ongoing for chemical weapons beyond those being conducted solely for force protection.
There has been a call for a complete declassification of the National Ground Intelligence Center's report on WMD in Iraq. Maples said he believes the director of national intelligence is still considering this option, and has asked Maples to look into producing an unclassified paper addressing the subject matter in the center's report.
Much of the classified matter was slated for discussion in a closed forum after the open hearings this
Defense.gov News Article: Munitions Found in Iraq Meet WMD Criteria, Official Says

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080707/pl_afp/usiraqcanadauraniumnuclear_080707154601

Quote, July 7, 2008: "At Iraq's request, the US military this year transferred hundreds of metric tons of yellowcake uranium from Iraq to Canada in a secret, weeks-long operation, a Pentagon spokesman said Monday.

The 550 metric tons of uranium, which was sold to a Canadian company, was moved by truck convoy to Baghdad's "Green Zone," then flown by military aircraft to a third country where it was put on a ship for Canada, said Bryan Whitman, the spokesman.

The yellow cake was discovered by US troops after the 2003 US invasion of Iraq at the Tuwaitha Nuclear Research Facility south of Baghdad, and was placed under the control of the International Atomic Energy Agency."

..Again! more evidence that Saddam HAD materials for WMDs!

Now you want to call the DOD liars thats fine with me
but it is the Department of defense that presented this info to congress
not me

Why would anyone continue to claim the Iraqi war was a failure?

Because we spent a trillion dollars and 4,000 American lives to set up a Shia government in Iraq allied with Iran.

The 4000 women and men who sacrificed there Lives did it because they felt it was the right thing to do. Who are you to question that?
as far as the money goes, BHO failed stimulus cost as much as the IRAQI war
WMDs gone
yellow cake gone
A man who had killed over 1 million people, gone
Lied to the world when he was given 100s of chances

Beg to differ. They died because they were following the orders of the CiC. Who knows the reason they joined. I don't question why they joined, I question the the motives of the one who gave them the order.

Yes, they did differ. The UN claim was the Iraq was not allowing weapons inspections. The Bush administration claimed Saddam had functioning chemical and biological weapons he was preparing to strike the United States with.

As for the Iran-Iraq connections, it deals with relations between the nations, not the organization of elections.

I'm doubting many soldiers would've signed up if they'd been told the truth at onset of the war.

1.) There are no WMD's.
2.) We'll be installing a government based on Islam.
3.) Their prime minister will be a dear friend of Hezbollah.

Sad they weren't told the truth in the beginning.

Now by all means, tell me how installing an Islam government with the leader being close with Hezbollah is a great wonderful thing.

Dead Americans?

Nope not a political pawn, i hate both parties equally. I think it's sad that your republican heros and the democrats fill our great young soldiers minds with lies in order to get them to go fight their wars.

They believed the lies they were told, most of us americans buy the lies our politicians feeds us, it's sad that the lies of our pathetic politicians on both sides of the aisle got them killed.

The why be a dick drock?
You know you got nothing better to do?
heros?

Because we spent a trillion dollars and 4,000 American lives to set up a Shia government in Iraq allied with Iran.

The 4000 women and men who sacrificed there Lives did it because they felt it was the right thing to do. Who are you to question that?
WMDs gone
yellow cake gone

Is this private?
Wouldn't it be tragic if the 4,000 people were deceived and died for a false cause?

Naw, feel free to jump in at any time.

Oh and if the mark is 1 million killed, how many Asians died when we secretly bombed Laos and Cambodia, not to mention the Christmas Carpet bombing of Hanoi? Does that mean Johnson and Nixon should have been hung?

Dead Americans?

The why be a dick drock?
You know you got nothing better to do?
heros?

Not being a dick, you're just being sensitive and trying to find a way to justify thousands of americans put in the ground over a lie, you'd rather justify thousands of dead americans than go against your party.

That's what partisan politics has done to the minds of americans, for some reason people think it's some sort of blasphemy to say "I disagree with my party on a major issue."

WASHINGTON, June 29, 2006 – The 500 munitions discovered throughout Iraq since 2003 and discussed in a National Ground Intelligence Center report meet the criteria of weapons of mass destruction,

Mr Dumb Ass, Sir:

Even if the report is true, Saddam had no means by which to transport the same to the US.

Even if the report is true , Saddam was not suicidal, So he would have never attempted to use against the US.

So who is putting you up to this bullshit? Bibi?

WMDs gone
yellow cake gone

Beg to differ. They died because they were following the orders of the CiC. Who knows the reason they joined. I don't question why they joined, I question the the motives of the one who gave them the order.

Thats exactly what your doing
A kid who joined the marines after 3-2003 knew he was going to Iraq probably
they believed in it and you not is your business, speaking for them is none of your business

" Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?"

Because there is always some anti-American crybaby determined to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

WMDs gone
yellow cake gone

Is this private?
Wouldn't it be tragic if the 4,000 people were deceived and died for a false cause?

Naw, feel free to jump in at any time.

Oh and if the mark is 1 million killed, how many Asians died when we secretly bombed Laos and Cambodia, not to mention the Christmas Carpet bombing of Hanoi? Does that mean Johnson and Nixon should have been hung?

Did I say 1 word about any of that?
If any of it is true does that make it right?

WMDs gone
yellow cake gone

Is this private?

You know those 4000 kids dont think they were lied to
You have no right questioning those kids courage
YOU HAVE NO RIGHT
You dont like GWB, thats your cross to bear. Those kids knew what they were getting into when they volunteered
LET IT GO
ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS
THAT WAS THERE CHOICE, RESPECT IT OR SHUT UP

No one I know has questioned our soldiers courage. Perhaps their lives were cut short before they found out. Most of the casualties I've talked to fell they were lied to.

Forum List

Back