Why would it be so difficult for Rand Paul to get the nomination if he ran?

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Why can't he get the traction to win? He has good values, Knows the game well. Is against most of the globalism we are facing. Is pro 2A and very Pro America.

It seems to me that he's a real conservative against wasteful spending and doesn't offend everyone weekly.

Could it be because he is articulate and intelligent. I know that confuses and offends the bulk of people these days.

Why can't he get the traction to win? He has good values, Knows the game well. Is against most of the globalism we are facing. Is pro 2A and very Pro America.

It seems to me that he's a real conservative against wasteful spending and doesn't offend everyone weekly.

Could it be because he is articulate and intelligent. I know that confuses and offends the bulk of people these days.
because to many republicans are nothing but progressives looking for a bigger government to take care of them,,

He could get the nomination, but is not suitable to the position.

The one area I really agree with Trump was when he was the only one who raised his hand when the question was asked whether or not any candidate would refuse to support the winner no matter who it was.

Now his actions were all about Trump as opposed to principles BUT it was the right answer.

Paul said he would support the candidate no matter what. He disagreed with Christie over and over. It seemed they agreed on nothing. I can not understand putting party over your principles.

Rand Paul isn't tall enough. Only tall men become president.

So much for that.

You have to be a better carnival barker than Trump to win the nomination.

Good luck with that.

You seem to forget voters want charisma. Rand Paul brings on all the charisma of watching paint dry. And, one of his biggest problems is his constant and incessant quoting of the Constitution. Voters don't want to hear about the Constitution. They want to hear catchy slogans.

You seem to forget voters want charisma. Rand Paul brings on all the charisma of watching paint dry. And, one of his biggest problems is his constant and incessant quoting of the Constitution. Voters don't want to hear about the Constitution. They want to hear catchy slogans.
Trump has turned the GOP primary stage into the WWE. And that's what Republicans want.

The people who would want Rand Paul as president would be his greatest obstacle. Internet libertarians are mostly self-interested jerks who don't even have enough regard for their fellow man to be republicans.

It's the same reason his dad could not win the nomination.

After watching this clip, it is apparent to me that the people the Swamp fears the most are those who are genuinely for smaller government.

These people they flat out ignore.

Trump, on the other hand, was not and is not as feared by them because he is not a small government guy.

For example, all the media talks about is Trump instead of ignoring him, even today. And Trump was front and center at each GOP debate.

Like it or not, they wanted Trump to win at that time.

His support of the "Big Lie" of trump winning and that cheating was the reason Biden won. I cannot support anybody that approves or believes or even believed the "Big Lie". At least, they are subject to supreme poor judgement. At worst are bold face liers that will say anything for the support of the baser part of the party base, and could be pivotal to overturning and doing away with free election by the population, as we know it. So, for me, he is another Non-Starter.

Rand actually does support almost all policy supported by most Patriots. He is a little more lenient on recreational drug policies than I would like but that isn't a deal breaker for me. He is a strong constitutionalist.

I am not sure about his positions on international relations or whether he possesses the skill set and negotiation skills that made Trump so amazing in dealing with other countries. That would likely come out in a campaign though.

But, because he is too "Patriot" and not enough establishment Republican, like Trump the National GOP and big donors won't support him. Like Trump he would likely make them look like gutless wimps, short sighted, and force them to take risks to clean things up they really don't want to take.

And of course the left would attack, create 'crimes' he supposedly committed, savage him, try to personally destroy him just as they did Trump. And are still doing.

His support of the "Big Lie" of trump winning and that cheating was the reason Biden won. I cannot support anybody that approves or believes or even believed the "Big Lie". At least, they are subject to supreme poor judgement. At worst are bold face liers that will say anything for the support of the baser part of the party base, and could be pivotal to overturning and doing away with free election by the population, as we know it. So, for me, he is another Non-Starter.
There is nothing wrong his position on the issue.

The courts should have settled this, but they ignored it instead.

Hillary and the democrats showed the country how to win

Question the election outcome if you don't like it and don't back down.

1. Trump . If there more than 3 candidates still in the race marst 3/1/24 then the rules will give the nomination to Trump
2. Absent trump Paul is indistinguishable from the remainder of the field.
3. Absent Trump campaign presence is the key and that's not Paul.

With the GOP in its current state the best bet after Trump would be Lake, MTG, or Rhonda.

But each of those are deeply flawed as candidates.

Forum List

Back