Why?

Why are companies allowed to treat their workers like slaves?

Really, I did not know that slaves could quit and find employment elsewhere if they were unhappy with their pay and benefits.

Last edited:
you guys got killed by the real estate bubble. absolutely killed. Probably 20 years ago we toyed with the idea of summer cabin, but the money didn't work, nor did I want anymore household projects. Then, what might have cost 50K trebbled or even more. Then the bust. There used to be antique stores that now are consignment shops trying to sell off the stuff from a parent or grandparent's summer home.

Beautiful country though. Again, good luck.

Market wages my fucking ass..when they are worth 93$ billion they can pay more than 8$ an hours its crony capitalism at its fucking best...No they shouldn't be forced to pay union wages but the workers absolutely should be allowed to unionize and force wal mart to stop using them like slaves. There are no other jobs so stop with the find a different job bullshit...My wife is looking for different work and I am searching for work as well...ain't shit out there even though she is a chef with experience...Must be nice to be in nice cushy jobs so you can hold it over the heads of the poor and down trodden.
Oh, so you live in the sticks, where the wages generally suck, and complain about the wages sucking?

Grow the hell up.

Why are so many people here more worried about Washington,DC making Wal Mart pay a livable wage to its workers more than they are worried about the workers not getting a decent enough wage that they have to go on the government pay roll as well? Seems a bit backwards to me....If companies would pay their workers a decent wage then government wouldn't need to interfere...it can afford to pay its richest workers millions! Yet can or won't pay their workers in the stores a decent wage.. when your top 6 CEO's are worth 93 billion $ your store can afford it,you are being extremely greedy and selfish.

I thought you were an anarcho-capitalist. You're sounding more like an Obama fluffer with this post.

I just want livable wages for people..no reason someone needs 93$ billion dollars...that's more than 1 person can ever spend in a life time...they are EXTREMELY rich they should give it to charity or maybe help the people that make them rich a little better off...They are snobs and scum.

If I go to Walmart and decide to try on a pair of pants, there are dressing rooms where I can try them on. At the dressing room is a nice lady who lets me into one of the dressing rooms.

What kind of specialized training or skill set does that lady need? How many people can do that job?

Why is that woman not working at Intel?

There are MILLIONS of people who can sit on their ass and collect all the revenue from the stuff people buy at these stores as well...So what's your point? The rich exploit the poor and then selfishly keep all the revenue from their workers hard work.

Simple concept that you Wal-Mart haters fail to grasp: You take their low prices for granted, then trash them for not "paying a living wage."

Well then if they paid 12.50 an hour, that means what you'd buy would be more expensive. Think about it. Your decisions have a lot of negative impact on both the job seeker and the consumer.

Market wages my fucking ass..when they are worth 93$ billion they can pay more than 8$ an hours its crony capitalism at its fucking best...No they shouldn't be forced to pay union wages but the workers absolutely should be allowed to unionize and force wal mart to stop using them like slaves. There are no other jobs so stop with the find a different job bullshit...My wife is looking for different work and I am searching for work as well...ain't shit out there even though she is a chef with experience...Must be nice to be in nice cushy jobs so you can hold it over the heads of the poor and down trodden.

What do you suggest an arm mob go over to the Waltons place and steal it from them? here is an Idea think of something like Sam did and make billions off of it loser... and quit crying about it, Sam didnt start off a billionare.

...but in an economic environment as created by Obabble .

The moronic right never seem to remember history very well.

"More than one-third of the nation's loss of manufacturing jobs between 2000 and 2005 occurred in seven Great Lakes states: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

The United States lost more than 3 million manufacturing jobs.

37.5 percent of the loss occurred in the seven Great Lakes states.

Michigan lost the most manufacturing jobs between 2000 and 2005 (nearly 218,000), followed by Ohio, Illinois, and Pennsylvania. "

Bearing the Brunt: Manufacturing Job Loss in the Great Lakes Region, 1995-2005 | Brookings Institution

THEN the housing bubble bust starting in 2005.

U.S. jobs lost since 2000 has been the manufacturing sector, which shed 2.85 million of them from 2000 to 2003, notwithstanding the relatively mild nature of the recent downturn in the economy as a whole.

Don't Blame Trade For U.S. Job Losses - Forbes

ya, now it's all Obama's fault.

so much for personal responsibility of which, you cons love to preach.

37.5 percent of the loss occurred in the seven Great Lakes states.

Michigan lost the most manufacturing jobs between 2000 and 2005 (nearly 218,000), followed by Ohio, Illinois, and Pennsylvania. "

Bearing the Brunt: Manufacturing Job Loss in the Great Lakes Region, 1995-2005 | Brookings Institution
Common thread: All states with heavily unionized labor pools.

How'd the manufacturing sector fare in places like Indiana, South Carolina and other states where products like Toyota, Honda, BMW and Subaru are built?

THEN the housing bubble bust starting in 2005.
Hate to trouble with them little "facts" thingies, but the housing bubble collapsed in '08.

ya, now it's all Obama's fault.

so much for personal responsibility of which, you cons love to preach.
Lemmie guess....The worst "recovery" in history is all the fault of Bush, right?

listen I hate Walmart and big box stores...never shop there. you guys and girls do it to yourself's. you want crap well go buy crap...I dont care. but dont say they are unfair to their workers when you want what they have to sell .. for cheap..fuck you.

we got it, you are jealous of the Walton family and want to punish them for being successful and providing a service that millions of people all over the world wanted.

How about this, you start at the bottom at walmart, you work hard and get promoted to section manager, then to store manager, then to regional manager, and you make a lot of money.----------but no, its easier to bitch and cry and beg the govt to feed you.

I have no sympathy for you.

Kiss my ass..you fucking people are nothing but lemmings. Kissing the ass of rich snobs who don't give a fuck about you or anyone else. We are just pawns for them to make a buck off of and to hell with the workers who bust their ass to sell our cheap garbage made from literal slave labor. Its disgusting to think you morons protect a racket like wal mart but don't give a shit about the millions of workers they force to get on government welfare because they won't pay them a decent wage yet are sitting on BILLIONS of their money they got from workers selling their shit.

Kiss my ass..you fucking people are nothing but lemmings. Kissing the ass of rich snobs who don't give a fuck about you or anyone else. We are just pawns for them to make a buck off of and to hell with the workers who bust their ass to sell our cheap garbage made from literal slave labor. Its disgusting to think you morons protect a racket like wal mart but don't give a shit about the millions of workers they force to get on government welfare because they won't pay them a decent wage yet are sitting on BILLIONS of their money they got from workers selling their shit.

you are a very bitter person, unless you change your attitude you will end up living in a gutter or under a bridge. While the people willing to work hard will achieve and drive nice cars and have nice houses and vacations. your angry at the world attitude will doom you. fix it now or you will never be anything more than what you are today.

Oh believe me we are just a shit paycheck from being under a bridge well in our case in our vehicle...its big enough to hold all of us...I have lived in a van before so nothing new to me...My wife works plenty hard enough been there almost 3 months and she is already #2 but that ain't improved her hours or pay or benefits at all. The rich pricks she works for have a multimillion dollar jet the assholes takes his slut wife to go on shopping trips to Chicago and NYC on while his employees are working 2 and 3 jobs to make ends meet...it must be real nice..so christian of them. I don't really give a shit if I don't become more than I am. Some people are meant for this world and I ain't one of them. I told my wife I really do not understand WHY so many people want to try and live longer...life to me is fucking miserable. I dread each day before it starts..life sucks! Even though my wife is up to #2 now behind the top chef she has received no extra hours,pay or ANY benefits...her boss doesn't want to lose her because she is a hard fucking worker,goes in on days off if they need her,stays late goes in early if need be and gets absolutely nothing in return. She is up for a raise now...oh boy! Might get up to 8.50$! WOW!!!!! She went from 35-40 hours down to 29-30 now because these pricks are trying to cut costs...they can afford a multi million dollar jet but can't afford to pay their chefs a decent wage..I hope their fucking empire collapses...I dream of nothing more on some days of wrapping my hands around some rich fucks neck and squeezing to be honest with you...they make me fucking sick. Her co worker is 45 years old has a college education yet works 3 jobs to make ends meet for her and her disabled husband. Yer damn right I am bitter and pissed and angry and it will never ever change..some days I hope I come down with a fatal disease because I got it all planned out in my head...

Move to Asheville or Charlotte where the jobs are, you whiny little commie bitch.

Why would a statist want the government to be in control of private contracts, then complain about living in a police state?

Forum List

Back