Will a 3rd Party every be relevant in the US?

This is getting brutal for those of us in the middle. No other party stands a chance against the two juggernauts, so the craziest of crazy candidates just leach onto one of the big two bringing their insane agenda, without carrying that parties traditional values. Now we are stuck in the middle having to deal with all these absurd law changes and political correctness garbage. God forbid you would vote independent in this country, without one of the two screaming that "its just a vote for the other party"

Are we just gonna beat ourselves into oblivion or will someone rise up and challenge this insanity and bring some logic to the table...
There is no third party with any clout because there is no widely perceived need or a third Party.

For the most part, there are only two sides to an issue.

Not three.
That just isn't true. There are plenty of people who can think independently and see options beyond just A or B.

Annnd there are plenty of people in both the major parties to discover, debate and communicate those options.

Aren't there?

Ultimately, things boil down to fewer and fewer options. . . Until thete are only two left.

Not three.
That just isn't true. There are plenty of people who can think independently and see options beyond just A or B.

Annnd there are plenty of people in both the major parties to discover, debate and communicate those options.

Aren't there?

Ultimately, things boil down to fewer and fewer options. . . Until thete are only two left.
Only in the eyes of the two parties.

This is getting brutal for those of us in the middle. No other party stands a chance against the two juggernauts, so the craziest of crazy candidates just leach onto one of the big two bringing their insane agenda, without carrying that parties traditional values. Now we are stuck in the middle having to deal with all these absurd law changes and political correctness garbage. God forbid you would vote independent in this country, without one of the two screaming that "its just a vote for the other party"

Are we just gonna beat ourselves into oblivion or will someone rise up and challenge this insanity and bring some logic to the table...

There is one party, the Swamp.

See how the GOP is trying to stop the wall?

I would love to see a viable third party but I don’t see it happening.
There are a lot of Parties on the left and the right, but few people seem interested it them.
But none can really challenge either the DNC or RNC the only thing that ever really got any real interest was Ross Perot and the Reform party and that died off pretty quick.

Not three.

Aren't there?

All the third party shit sounds good in theory.

Put any of it into action and it dissolves. Mostly for the reasons I gave. The major parties are not immune from compromise nor are they forbidden from stealing or adopting any of the same resolutions from a would be 3rd. Party.

Not three.

Aren't there?

Put any of it into action and it dissolves. Mostly for the reasons I gave. The major parties are not immune from compromise nor are they forbidden from stealing or adopting any of the same resolutions from a would be 3rd. Party.
Sure, if the two "major" parties were sane, this wouldn't be an issue.

They are not, and they're getting worse by the day.

Nonsense.

No one compels anyone to vote for either major party.

The problem isn't the two major parties, or the lack of a third party, the problem is the fear, stupidity , ignorance, and apathy of the American voter.

Real change isn't going to happen by trying to contrive a third party.

Real change will occur when the people get involved in the political process at the very local level, regardless how many parties there might be.

And and the only thing that's garbage is the notion of "political correctness."

Not three.

Aren't there?

I think we would all like to see a list of at least 5 specific ways that a 3rd party would do better with than what we have.

Lets start with

1. National Security
2. The Economy
3. Crime
4. Social Issues
5. Foreign Policies

I would love to see a viable third party but I don’t see it happening.
There are a lot of Parties on the left and the right, but few people seem interested it them.
But none can really challenge either the DNC or RNC the only thing that ever really got any real interest was Ross Perot and the Reform party and that died off pretty quick.
Imo, the problem with third Party is that if it is not very distinct from the two established Parties, then it would be a hard argument to make that voters should vote for a Party that is not too different from the established Parties and if it was very different, then who would want to vote for a president who would have little or no support in Congress?

And and the only thing that's garbage is the notion of "political correctness."
:laugh:
8_zpsdhfhnwjo.gif

Aren't there?

I think we would all like to see a list of at least 5 specific ways that a 3rd party would do better with than what we have.

Lets start with

1. National Security
2. The Economy
3. Crime
4. Social Issues
5. Foreign Policies
There isn't a platform, so there is no answer to your question.

An intelligent third party would take ideas from both ends, and it would come up with new ideas.

The tribes have their talking points set in stone, and that's the problem.

Aren't there?

Lets start with

1. National Security
2. The Economy
3. Crime
4. Social Issues
5. Foreign Policies

An intelligent third party would take ideas from both ends, and it would come up with new ideas.

Like I said.

Sounds good in theory. . .

Try getting into specifics without it falling apart.

Lets start with

1. National Security
2. The Economy
3. Crime
4. Social Issues
5. Foreign Policies

Like I said.

Sounds good in theory. . .

Try getting into specifics without it falling apart.
No reason to try. You won't like anything.

You'll obediently vote with your tribe, and that's fine.

I'm not trying to change your mind on anything.

Forum List

Back