Will ANYONE in the government be held accountable for violations of the first amendment via Twitter?

Will anyone be held to account for the government violating the first amendment rights of citizens?

• Yes

• No

• There were no first amendment violations

Results are only viewable after voting.
Twitter is a privately-owned company. It's not the government. This isn't a First Amendment issue.

Should a company -- especially a company that deals in freedom of expression -- fuck around with banning and shadow-banning and playing games? No, not in my estimation. Those are only band aids, and band aids usually make things worse. We just refuse to learn that one.

But this ain't a First Amendment issue.

I see the first two responses are from idiots who can't grasp the idea that the government is BANNED from interfering in the free speech of its citizens yet went out of its way to do that very thing by putting pressure on Twitter and most likely every other social media site

Twitter is a privately-owned company. It's not the government. This isn't a First Amendment issue.

Should a company -- especially a company that deals in freedom of expression -- fuck around with banning and shadow-banning and playing games? No, not in my estimation. Those are only band aids, and band aids usually make things worse. We just refuse to learn that one.

But this ain't a First Amendment issue.

They had meetings with the FBI. You realize Yoel Roth KNEW he had to cover these meetings to make them look "generic"

Right?

Biden's cat, she was right in the middle of it!

LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP!

Read the First Amendment.

Or don't. I don't care.

The Founding Fathers could not envision that we would allow a bureau of non-elected eggheads like the FBI be our defacto "congress"....yet here we are. Still the govt, still abridging free speech. And as you fully know, it's WORSE than Congress, because we can't even vote the eggheads out of office.

But you love it, don't you Mac?

The Founding Fathers could not envision that we would allow a bureau of non-elected eggheads like the FBI be our defacto "congress"....yet here we are. Still the govt, still abridging free speech. And as fully know, it's WORSE than Congress, because we can't even vote the eggheads out of office.

But you love it, don't you Mac?
Whatever you say. Just ignore what I actually say, because you're you.

You're so boring.

Whatever you say. Just ignore what I actually say, because you're you.

You're so boring.

Okay Mac. Here is the First Amendment.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

So without whining about how victimized you are, explain to me what you meant by "read the first amendment", and tell me you DIDN'T mean the part that says "congress shall make no law...."

I see the first two responses are from idiots who can't grasp the idea that the government is BANNED from interfering in the free speech of its citizens yet went out of its way to do that very thing by putting pressure on Twitter and most likely every other social media site
Yet, the actions occurred by private employees, not govt. employees.

Okay Mac. Here is the First Amendment.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

So without whining about how victimized you are, explain to me what you meant by "read the first amendment", and tell me you DIDN'T mean the part that says "congress shall make no law...."
The action or events were executed by a private company on a company platform.

Forum List

Back