Will Cohen be disbarred for violating Attorney Client privilege?

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
Isnt unilaterally recording your client and playing it something Attorneys shouldn’t be threatening to do or actually do?

Should Mueller and Rosenstein be disbarred for violating attorney/client privilege by searching the home and records of an innocent lawyer?

Should Mueller and Rosenstein be disbarred for violating attorney/client privilege by searching the home and records of an innocent lawyer?
Of course, neither will be penalized for the legal search of Cohen's office. You must be talking about some sort of fiction novel.

One would certainly think getting disbarred is a possibility. And even so, who's going to trust this guy in the future?

Isnt unilaterally recording your client and playing it something Attorneys shouldn’t be threatening to do or actually do?
There are a number of exceptions to Attorney Client Privileged.

• When an attorney is not acting primarily as an attorney but, for instance, as a business advisor, member of the Board of Directors, or in another non-legal role, then the privilege generally does not apply.
  • The privilege protects the confidential communication, and not the underlying information. For instance, if a client has previously disclosed confidential information to a third party who is not an attorney, and then gives the same information to an attorney, the attorney–client privilege will still protect the communication to the attorney, but will not protect the communication with the third party.
  • The privilege may be waived if the confidential communications are disclosed to third parties.
  • Other limits to the privilege may apply depending on the situation being adjudicated.
Attorney–client privilege - Wikipedia

There are plenty of reasons to disbar Cohen in addition to violating any attorney-client privilege, including engaging in illegal Activities, conspiracy, fraud, and so many ethical violations that it would be impossible to list them all here. Cohen's license is toast no matter what happens. Deservedly so.

Trump waived the privilege for the recording you heard.

How so, specifically?

"What kind of a lawyer would tape a client? So sad! Is this a first, never heard of it before? Why was the tape so abruptly terminated (cut) while I was presumably saying positive things? I hear there are other clients and many reporters that are taped - can this be so? Too bad!" Trump tweeted.

Attorney Client Privilege applies only if the the person is a client of the attorney. I doubt that those "innocent lawyers" were a client of either Mueller or Rosenstein.

So essentially you're saying that no one should ever talk to their lawyers about anything, because any journalist can just ask them for the private info and the lawyer gets away with blabbing it?

Glad I have my lawyers on "need to know" basis lol

So essentially you're saying that no one should ever talk to their lawyers about anything, because any journalist can just ask them for the private info and the lawyer gets away with blabbing it?
No, he detailed specific cases.

He released a recording of private conversations with a client that said client wasn't even aware were being taped... I'm astounded that's not some kind of violation.

He released a recording of private conversations with a client that said client wasn't even aware were being taped... I'm astounded that's not some kind of violation.
Well, trump waived his privilege, because he is a fool..

How did he do it? Was it a tweet or a document?

How did Trump communicate that he waived the privilege?

What was the mechanism?

No. He will be disbarred for doing Donald’s dirty work.

Trumpscum always are confused about the fact that there is no protection for criminal activity.

How did he do it? Was it a tweet or a document?

How did Trump communicate that he waived the privilege?

What was the mechanism?
Sis you hear anyone assert privilege?

No. Never raised by crazy Rudy

And Rudy was the one who probably leaked the info.

Forum List

Back