Will Liberals Ever Stop Lying About the Bush Tax Cuts?

you guys want to give more money to politicians who are irresponsible with everyone else's money...and you think that is a smart thing to do.....

There are always TWO issues in this debate: TAX REVENUE...and Gov. SPENDING.

Since by "you guys" you may mean left leaning posters on here, the premise you state is all wrong since we are not the rich and huge donors to a corrupt congress....Many of us have advocated for increasing taxes on those that have ridiculously of skewed the income inequalities and on those corporations that pay virtually NO taxes.........

Secondly, I for one agree that spending is out of control and waste is unconscionable.
However, right wingers want to cut the spending (social issues and entitlements) that benefit MILLIONS of Americans, while increasing "defense" (an euphemism since we are not really talking defense but Offense) spending which benefits mostly the same corporate donors who repeatedly and openly bribe congress.
Defense spending benefits everyone in this country.
Social spending doesnt benefit anyone except politicians.

I disagree. Defense spending is a welfare system at this point. Like all welfare systems if you even try and talk about the problems of it and offer we cut even some of it you are destroyed.

There is no reason "defense" spending should be 600 billion + a year.

Fact is we have "Offense" spending. And that's not constitutional.

You bunch of dumb asses are hilarious, you naïve sheep flail about trying to punish the rich but its not possible. What are you going to do raise their income taxes? They don't have much income, that's not where their money comes from. If you raise the capital gains tax they just sit on their investments, you don't pay the tax until you sell and realize the gain. Raising the capital gains tax does slam middle to upper middle class who can't afford to sit on their investments, bravo. Tax their businesses? Fine they just lay off the US workers and send the jobs off-shore and raise prices to cover the tax increase and delay making capital improvements and investments resulting in fewer jobs for you

Your flag of surrender to the rich is obvious....Your enslaved mentality gives the ultra wealthy even more power.
According to your half-brain, They win....They can continue to bribe congress....They can continue to rape the environment...

One simple solutions: If you want to call yourself a U.S. company but ship the jobs overseas, then you cannot sell your goods back to U.S. citizens.....
Some would call it isolationism.....But those some ones are usually the businesses themselves and the brain dead right wingers who blindly swallow the bait.

Higher taxes = less transactions = Less revenues

Lower taxes = more transactions = More revenues

Written by a brain dead right winger......When was the last time you saw Trump using his "lower taxes" to buy a battery at Pep Boys?

Your scenario ONLY works if those lower taxes are for the lower and middle class.....
BUT, these latter people (including your sorry ass) do not BRIBE congress to lower their taxes......the real "lower taxes" benefits go to those who BOUGHT the congressional seat.

you guys want to give more money to politicians who are irresponsible with everyone else's money...and you think that is a smart thing to do.....

Since by "you guys" you may mean left leaning posters on here, the premise you state is all wrong since we are not the rich and huge donors to a corrupt congress....Many of us have advocated for increasing taxes on those that have ridiculously of skewed the income inequalities and on those corporations that pay virtually NO taxes.........

Secondly, I for one agree that spending is out of control and waste is unconscionable.
However, right wingers want to cut the spending (social issues and entitlements) that benefit MILLIONS of Americans, while increasing "defense" (an euphemism since we are not really talking defense but Offense) spending which benefits mostly the same corporate donors who repeatedly and openly bribe congress.

I disagree. Defense spending is a welfare system at this point. Like all welfare systems if you even try and talk about the problems of it and offer we cut even some of it you are destroyed.

Demonstrating why narco-libertarians never get elected.

Higher taxes = less transactions = Less revenues

Lower taxes = more transactions = More revenues

Written by a brain dead right winger......When was the last time you saw Trump using his "lower taxes" to buy a battery at Pep Boys?

Your scenario ONLY works if those lower taxes are for the lower and middle class.....
BUT, these latter people (including your sorry ass) do not BRIBE congress to lower their taxes......the real "lower taxes" benefits go to those who BOUGHT the congressional seat.
Idiot. The lower and middle classes dont pay income tax. In fact they get more from income tax than they pay in. How do you plan to cut taxes for people who dont pay any to begin with?

Gee Barack Obama thinks it works that way. Are you saying he is a brain dead right winger?

If the above "premise" did not come out of your ass, then YES, I'd call him a brain dead right winger......

Deficit spending produces tax revenue. You can't credit tax cuts with increases in revenue that are actually being caused by deficit spending.
Can you explain your theory on that? It defies logic.

When the government spends money jobs get created, profits get created, and taxes are generated from the same.

No...government doesn't create wealth because it takes money from actual productive activity.

When you spend more for a hammer than what it is actually worth, as government does...that money is unproductive and wasted. In the private sector that activity gets punished by a business going out of business...in government....they raise taxes and the people who wasted the money go on to waste even more money...so no...government doesn't generate more revenue with the tax money it takes from productive people.

So the public school system produces nothing of value?

Idiot.

What benefit did I get from the Iraq War?

What benefit am I getting from the US military presence in Korea and Japan?

Gee Barack Obama thinks it works that way. Are you saying he is a brain dead right winger?

If the above "premise" did not come out of your ass, then YES, I'd call him a brain dead right winger......
Sigh. I pwn you on this kind of stuff every single day here.
OK, what would persuade you that Obama thinks this?
If I am correct will you man up and admit it? Or will you abandon the thread, say it's biased, or offer a million other rationalizations?

Finally something we can AGREE on......Carly Fiorina's platform is precisely that....A dramatic increase in "defense" spending.......

Do you have North Korean nukes raining down on your head? No.
Are you able to buy lower cost products made with transistors from Korea? Yes.
There ya go.
Brain fart.

Idiot. The lower and middle classes dont pay income tax. In fact they get more from income tax than they pay in. How do you plan to cut taxes for people who dont pay any to begin with?

Gee, if the above were true, then for 40 years of middle class status I did NOT pay any income taxes????

(Is this idiot for real???)

There ya go.
Brain fart.

I'm able to get cheap stuff from China. How many troops do we have there?

P.S., you skipped the Iraq question, King of the Neocons.

Gee, if the above were true, then for 40 years of middle class status I did NOT pay any income taxes????

Bottom 47% of wage earners pay no income tax. I cant help it if you suck at life.
But you are avoiding answering my challenge on Obama. SO what is it?

Bottom 47% of wage earners pay no income tax. I cant help it if you suck at life.

So I guess we know that when the Republicans talk about more tax cuts, they're talking about tax cuts for the richer only.

Challenge??? From you????

As I've often stated, wrestling with pigs in a pig sty is not much fun....if you're not the pigs.

There ya go.
Brain fart.

Are the nations who don't have troops in Korea barred from buying Korean products? lol

Rabbi is promoting putting US troops all over the world to protect the jobs we lost to foreign countries.

Brilliant.

There ya go.
Brain fart.

Are the nations who don't have troops in Korea barred from buying Korean products? lol

Rabbi is promoting putting US troops all over the world to protect the jobs we lost to foreign countries.

Brilliant.
You really just arent getting this, are you?
Who would you like to send troops to Korea? China? Russia?

Forum List

Back