Will Mueller investigate Obama's hot mic moment with Putin's #2 man?

Obama was OBVIOUSY A RUSSIAN SPY.

Mueller needs to investigate if Russia influenced Obama. Can Obama be impeached posthumously?

President Obama: "On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space."

President Medvedev: "Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…"

President Obama: "This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility."

President Medvedev: "I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir, and I stand with you."

No. He won't. And your echo of a conspiracy theory is pretty funny. Are you really so naive to believe Obama consorted with the Russians?

They only believe it because that is what Obama said, how naive.

The US Department of Justice has concluded that Probable Cause of wrongdoing exists... the Special Counsel will investigate, clarify and make all such determinations.

The only thing you have to (or can) do is to sit back and enjoy the ride, while the Checks-and-Balances built into our Federal government are activated and employed.
Wrongdoing is not a crime. For a crime to have been committed a specific statute must have been violated, and since no one can say what that statute might be, there is no legitimate basis for a prosecutor to run an investigation.
Fortunately for the Republic and the Rule of Law, the US Department of Justice sees this differently.

Forgive me, but I will take their word in this matter over yours.
lol What word? They haven't said what crime they are investigating. The letter appointing Mueller does not say what crime he is to investigate. If the Department of Justice is not investigating a specific crime, it is in violation of the law, itself.
The crime is hacking the DNC server
You are claiming the Trump campaign conspired to hack the DNC server?

That's the general idea...

We need to find out if they were complicit in hacking the server (Trump publically encouraged them to do it) or whether they offered policy concessions in return for a structured release of information

We do know Trump officials met with the Russians, we have a right to know what they discussed

Mueller needs to investigate if Russia influenced Obama. Can Obama be impeached posthumously?

President Obama: "On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space."

President Medvedev: "Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…"

President Obama: "This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility."

President Medvedev: "I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir, and I stand with you."

No. He won't. And your echo of a conspiracy theory is pretty funny. Are you really so naive to believe Obama consorted with the Russians?

Ahhh, but he did. he did nothing while Russia stole the Crimea from Ukraine, a country which we had a defense treaty with, and which obummer ignored at the orders of his master pootin.

I see it this way, he avoided a military confrontation with Putin's Russia, Brinkmanship is a dangerous game and one Obama was not willing to play. History instructs us that wars drain a nations economy, and our economy was still suffering from the Great Recession - imagine the national debt if we had engaged Russia?

You're not very smart nor are you well educated. You react emotionally and lack the ability to examine policies and actions panoptically and pragmatically.

No, like chamberlain, he merely pushed it off into the future. WWII was not a forgone conclusion. Had dear old neville had some balls he could have averted the deaths of millions and saved Europe from destruction. But, like obummer, he lacked fortitude and an understanding of what sort of person hitler was. We all KNOW what a scumbag pootin is. obummer let him loose.

The time to stop Hitler would have been in the mid-1930s, with the reoccupation of the Ruhr or Rhineland, or the Austrian Anschluss; Munich was merely their last chance.

Both the French and the British backed down, time and again; they'd been bled white by WWI and had no native war-drum beater to inspire and whip-up what was left.

What would have happened if Chamberlain had stood up to Hitler?
We saw what happened when England stood up to Hitler after he invaded Poland.......Hitler chased their asses back across the channel and they barely made it
What would Chamberlain have done differently?

Ahhh, but he did. he did nothing while Russia stole the Crimea from Ukraine, a country which we had a defense treaty with, and which obummer ignored at the orders of his master pootin.

Did nothing? Wow, what a fucking ignorant statement.

1. Obama's administration, including secretary of state named Clinton, led the way on international sanctions against Russia that accounted for 2% GDP contraction, putting Russia into a recession and economic slowdown to this day.

Russia-GDP-Growth-Rate.jpg

Whatever it was that Obama wanted flexibility on in 2012, it certainly was not holding Kremlin accountable for it's actions.

2. What were YOUR favored alternatives? American military action against Russia? Seriously?
You no-bamas like to bitch but rarely have any constructive ideas.

3. Republican dear leader Trump's take on all this? Putin is a great leader!
His SoS's take on things (before he had to come over to the senate for a chat)? Sanctions against Russia should be lifted.
like iran and cuba.

like those sanctions?

you mean we can have obama flat out saying "after i'm re-elected i can have more flexibility" and you don't care? that's a HELL OF A LOT MORE than anyone has on trump at this point.

if you want justice, you want it all looked over and scrutinized evenly and fairly according to the law. if you're a biased prick, you want obama to get away with everything and trump, nothing.

we all live by the same set of rules, or are at least supposed to.

Obama discussed the natural limitations of our election cycle. He has more political power after an election than before

Now, what were Trump's agents discussing with Russia? Why would they meet with agents who were in the process of hacking our election? What were they offering to Putin and why?

you mean we can have obama flat out saying "after i'm re-elected i can have more flexibility" and you don't care? that's a HELL OF A LOT MORE than anyone has on trump at this point.

if you want justice, you want it all looked over and scrutinized evenly and fairly according to the law. if you're a biased prick, you want obama to get away with everything and trump, nothing.

Obama discussed the natural limitations of our election cycle. He has more political power after an election than before

Now, what were Trump's agents discussing with Russia? Why would they meet with agents who were in the process of hacking our election? What were they offering to Putin and why?

more political power to do what? again, you gloss over huge questions right here and dive right into allegations and speculation.

"more power after the election" usually means he doesn't have to care what people think. i can't think of any "good" reasons to be saying this. if there are good reasons, where are they?

if trump had said that the liberals would be ape-shit batty. hell they can't handle him having (2) scoops of ice cream much less any idea of talking to russia.

more political power to do what? again, you gloss over huge questions right here and dive right into allegations and speculation.

"more power after the election" usually means he doesn't have to care what people think. i can't think of any "good" reasons to be saying this. if there are good reasons, where are they?

if trump had said that the liberals would be ape-shit batty. hell they can't handle him having (2) scoops of ice cream much less any idea of talking to russia.

Obama was negotiating with the Russians. These are the Russians under Medvedev not Putin, the Russians before they invaded Crimea and destabilized Ukraine. Obama was the President at the time. He had authority to negotiate with the Russians....Trump did not.

A President has to live with election cycles. That is how our system of government works

Now...WHAT was Trump discussing with the Russians before he was President?
That is what the inquiries must find out. If he discussed policy concessions...he committed treason

As well as the millions the Kremlin funneled to the Clintons right after the uranium deal.

Obama was negotiating with the Russians. These are the Russians under Medvedev not Putin, the Russians before they invaded Crimea and destabilized Ukraine. Obama was the President at the time. He had authority to negotiate with the Russians....Trump did not.

A President has to live with election cycles. That is how our system of government works

That is what the inquiries must find out. If he discussed policy concessions...he committed treason

let me just put it like this -

if trump had said this on stage on a "hot mic" issue - would you excuse it, or attack it?

if trump had said this on stage on a "hot mic" issue - would you excuse it, or attack it?

Probably not.......Pretty damned tame by Trumpian standards

Probably not.......Pretty damned tame by Trumpian standards
given *the fact* they attack trump over any tweet he makes and (2) scoops of ice cream - you think for a second the livid left would let go of something like this???

never in a million years. they'd be back to demanding impeachment.

Once again our board Conservatives struggle with equivalencies...

No, a sitting President discussing timing of negotiations with the Russians is NOT the same as someone running for office discussing policy concessions with the Russians

I think we know how Trump hot mic moments are covered by the media.

The MSM isn't even lying that they are UNBIASED anymore. They did that for a while.

Why would Obama have more flexibility after the election to work with Putin?

Seems like Obama was colluding wth Putin.

Tsk tsk

ANyone know what crime the special prosecutor is investigating, specifically?

Why would Obama have more flexibility after the election to work with Putin?

Seems like Obama was colluding wth Putin.

Tsk tsk

ANyone know what crime the special prosecutor is investigating, specifically?

I do!
I do!

:desk:

The crime is the Russian hacking of the DNC server and interfering with our election

The investigation involves how they did it, why were Trump representatives meeting 18 times with the Russians, Did Trump representatives offer anything in return for Russian help in winning the election, was Trump personally involved

To infer anything nefarious and to echo this comment as so, over and over, is both dishonest and the usual tactic of the right wing's efforts to assassinate the character of every opponent they encounter.

Why not include the 57 states comment too, and be a complete fool?

Q. Obama was reelected!: what nefarious deed did he do with his "more flexibility"

The obvious answer to this is not one damn thing; Obama put sanctions on Russia, and Putin & he were not pals, as the current POTUS seems to be.

By the time President Obama spoke these words he was well aware of the vast Right Wing Conspirator's efforts to discredit everything about him, and to block his every effort to fix the "mess" he inherited. This tactic was and remains the worst example of the sedition in living memory.

Anything he did or would have done would be attacked by the right wing, both the moneyed interests, the Republican Pols who believed to be in the majority was their right - no matter how poorly they govern - and biddable Americans who feed on demagoguery even when on its face it is absurd.

He knew that anything he did would be used against him in his reelection campaign; the right wing thrives on lies, half-truths, rumors, innuendos and character assassination.

Democracy only works when We the People are smart enough and trained to actively listen, and honest enough to admit when we are wrong. We've reached a tipping point, we can be what the founders sought to establish, or be what they fought & rebelled against.

...lol What word?...
The word of the US Dept of Justice, that sufficient data has come their way, indicative of Russia-related wrongdoing, to warrant the appointment of a Special Counsel.

...They haven't said what crime they are investigating.The letter appointing Mueller does not say what crime he is to investigate...
They are not obliged to posit a specific crime; merely substantive indicators of wrongdoing, to be investigated, before determine whether Crime A or B has been committed.

...If the Department of Justice is not investigating a specific crime, it is in violation of the law, itself.
Says who?

The US Dept of Justice has data indicating probable cause for any number of Russia-related wrongdoings and missteps.

Why-in-the-world would they want to hamstring themselves or Special Counsel?

How can they stipulate Crime A or B until they have investigated the full spectrum of related subject matter with a broad and sweeping examination of all things related?

No, I seriously doubt that they are constrained to investigate a specific crime during the course of Special Counsel operations.

Rather, they have publicly stipulated a RANGE of subject matter of investigate; from which indictment(s) may (or may not) surface related to Crime A or B or C.

As I said before, I'll take the word of the US Dept of Justice, over yours, or your boy's, about sufficient data existing, to indicate probable cause, related to wrongdoing.

And, I will also take the word of the US Dept of Justice, over yours, or your boy's, about whether they need to stipulate the precise crime to investigate, in advance.

Meanwhile... Special Counsel Mueller and his people, and their subpoenas, will dig, and dig, and dig, and dig, and dig, and expose, and make appropriate determinations.

All according to the laws of the United States.

Enjoy.
I understand you're just bullshitting because you believe the investigation should continue because it's bad for Trump, but you are saying the same things the McCarthyites said back in the 1950's during another period of politically motivated anti Russian hysteria.

The function of the DoJ is to investigate and prosecute violations of federal statutes, not as you assert to investigate doings they think are wrong but not violations of specific federal statutes. The kind of investigation you are advocating may be acceptable in Iran or Turkey or even in Russia, but here in the US we boast we are a nation of laws, and if no specific laws have been broken, no matter how wrong any action may have been it is none of the business of the DoJ.

Even if, as many believe, the Russian government did try to influence the election, no crime was committed unless they violated specific federal statutes, and the only crime the Russian government is alleged to have committed, the hacking of the DNC server, has not resulted in any US arrest warrants or Interpol arrest warrants, so clearly even here there is no evidence to support these allegations.

Collusion with the Russian government is not a crime unless they colluded to commit violations of specific federal statutes, and no one can think of any such statute. If Trump had called Putin and asked him for help, it would have been wrong, but it would not have been a crime unless he suborned violations of specific federal statutes, and no one has been able to cite what statute that might have been. This means that while an investigation into Russian "meddling" in the election and allegations or collusion between the Trump campaign might be proper for the Congress or the CIA, since there are no allegations of violations of specific federal statutes involved it is not proper for the DoJ.

We are not a nation of laws unless the power of the government is limited by law and the investigation of allegations of collusion without any allegations of violations of federal statutes clearly lies outside of the DoJ's legitimate function to investigate and prosecute violations of federal law. Rosenstein, who has been described as an institutionalist, argues that Comey must be fired because his grandstanding on the Clinton email scandals has so severely damaged the credibility of the FBI and DoJ that only his removal can begin to repair the damage, and he appoints a man of impeccable reputation, Mueller, to help repair that damage but he then gives him an assignment, investigate allegations of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government, that does no cite any violations of federal statutes. In a single stroke Rosenstein tried to repair some of the damage Comey had done by appointing Mueller and then did further damage to the DoJ by giving him a political rather than a legal assignment.

What we are seeing at the DoJ is the credibility of a critical institution of government crumbling before our eyes under the weight of Obama's Russia hoax. This cry to get Trump by any means necessary regardless of the cost you and some others are making, sounds more and more everyday like the statement of the head of Stalin's secret police, "Show me the man and I'll find you the crime," and each day this clearly political investigation makes us look more and more like what we accuse Erdogan's Turkey or Putin's Russia of being.

Wrongdoing is not a crime. For a crime to have been committed a specific statute must have been violated, and since no one can say what that statute might be, there is no legitimate basis for a prosecutor to run an investigation.
Fortunately for the Republic and the Rule of Law, the US Department of Justice sees this differently.

lol What word? They haven't said what crime they are investigating. The letter appointing Mueller does not say what crime he is to investigate. If the Department of Justice is not investigating a specific crime, it is in violation of the law, itself.

We need to find out if they were complicit in hacking the server (Trump publically encouraged them to do it) or whether they offered policy concessions in return for a structured release of information

We do know Trump officials met with the Russians, we have a right to know what they discussed
So you are saying the entire investigation is about if the Trump campaign conspired with the Russian government to hack the DNC server and if that does not hold up the investigation should be shut down. Then it's time to shut it down because there clearly is not enough evidence to even issue arrest warrants, US or Interpol, for those who actually performed the hack so it is impossible to connect the Trump campaign to the hack. That's precisely my point, there is no legitimate basis for the investigation.

So you are saying the entire investigation is about if the Trump campaign conspired with the Russian government to hack the DNC server and if that does not hold up the investigation should be shut down. Then it's time to shut it down because there clearly is not enough evidence to even issue arrest warrants, US or Interpol, for those who actually performed the hack so it is impossible to connect the Trump campaign to the hack. That's precisely my point, there is no legitimate basis for the investigation.

What is your hurry to close the investigation?
There were 11 Benghazi investigations based on less evidence

Lets hear what the principles testify to, hear the evidence from the FBI, let the Special Counsel write his report

If there is nothing there, then we do not need 11 investigations

If it turns out Trump conspired with the Russians, it warrants impeachment

Agreed?

Forum List

Back