Will Racist Associations Cost Rand Paul a Shot at the White House?

You didn't post a link.

I posted several

No... You did not.

I apologize. I tried to post the following links, but they did not link. You are 100% correct. I apologize. The text is in the first post - the links did not link.

Free Beacon releases long-lost Southern Avenger excerpt | Haire of the Dog

Statement of Principles

Former editor of Rand Paul?s Neo-Confederate staffer talks about the Southern Avenger | Haire of the Dog

Almost forgot about that.

I wonder if they lobbied Obama into more military spending and wars or if Obama did that all on his own... either way, the Dem base voted for him a second time.

Obama always said Afghanistan was the "right" war to fight and he was going to escalate it.

That must of been sweet music to their ears..especially given that Iraq was winding down.

Military spending is up, wars in other countries are currently happening with US involvement and in many cases created by US involvement. Iraq was ended on the Bush timetable while Obama tried to keep us there but was kicked out.

Swallow, you're a homophone so you trying to take Rand down just comes off as more politically bias because he has an R next to his name... Not to mention you voted of Obama, a real Openly racist person and not through unproven association but by his own actions and words. So please, you don't honestly give a fuck.

This is where you go off on a homophobic tangent and people like nodoginafight are still happy to have bigots like you defend them.

no. he does not have a shot to start with - there are no votes.

minorities are glued to vote dimocrap for the next 200 years, so it does not matter.

Others are too divided to give him a real shot at the presidency.

You may be right about him not having a wide enough base of support to challenge for the White House.

I think if Republicans acted like they are interesting in hearing the point of view of minorities they could compete for that vote.

not sure about that. the so-called "minority voice" is represented by a REGIME ( all that NAACP, Sharptons, panthers and other clique) and nobody with a dissenting point of view is even considered to be a "voice of minorities". The regime is tied to dimocraps, so there is no chance to get through.

Do I have to remind you the slime and slander on anybody of minority background going against the regime and it's dimocrap feeders?

I posted several

No... You did not.

I apologize. I tried to post the following links, but they did not link. You are 100% correct. I apologize. The text is in the first post - the links did not link.

Statement of Principles

Former editor of Rand Paul?s Neo-Confederate staffer talks about the Southern Avenger | Haire of the Dog

Ok man, you really need to weed this shit out. The first link I listened to some audio and it was not racist, he was pointing out how tired of blacks making race the #1 issue. But I don't know what I'm looking for.

Rand Paul has no chance to be president. First of all, the GOP would never nominate him. The defense lobby wouldn't let them.

Almost forgot how HATED his daddy was back a few years ago when the neocons were in their glory? I think mainstream conservatives hated Ron Paul and his followers more than they hated liberals.

I seem to recall that over on hannity's site they barred the Paulbots from even posting.

Rand Paul is the heir apparent...

I don't think isolationism has overrun the GOP yet, even though they'll trot it out here and there if it means they can use it as an excuse to oppose Obama on something.

no. he does not have a shot to start with - there are no votes.

minorities are glued to vote dimocrap for the next 200 years, so it does not matter.

Others are too divided to give him a real shot at the presidency.

You may be right about him not having a wide enough base of support to challenge for the White House.

I think if Republicans acted like they are interesting in hearing the point of view of minorities they could compete for that vote.

Actually Rand Paul did go to Howard University.

Rand Paul Delivers Speech at Howard University (Video and Text) - Washington Wire - WSJ

speaking is not listening, is it?

That's the problem that Republicans have with blacks, hispanics, women, gays, etc ...
They talk AT them - not WITH them. They don't listen. I think the Howard students made that perfectly clear and resented "being used as props."
Reactions to Sen. Rand Paul's Speech at Howard University - Reason.com

But it's a start, perhaps.

Maybe it would have gone better without his links to racism.

I think Paul is not a dummy. I think he recognizes the work he needs to do.

Rand Paul has no chance to be president. First of all, the GOP would never nominate him. The defense lobby wouldn't let them.

Almost forgot how HATED his daddy was back a few years ago when the neocons were in their glory? I think mainstream conservatives hated Ron Paul and his followers more than they hated liberals.

I seem to recall that over on hannity's site they barred the Paulbots from even posting.

I don't think isolationism has overrun the GOP yet, even though they'll trot it out here and there if it means they can use it as an excuse to oppose Obama on something.

The oddity about Rand Paul is that a huge amount of the Republican voter base that didn't like his father love Rand. Despite Rand being near identical to his father. How about we see if Rand runs, then see how he does before people try and make predictions, because if they/you are wrong, something tells me you won't apologize or hold yourself accountable.

And for the record, Ron's voter count like tripped from 2008 election to the 2012 election. Ron pulled almost 20% of all votes cast in the primaries, what if that kept up going into 2016?

Criticism of Obama in any way - no matter how minor, is racism. Vaunted leftists like TruthMatters, Nodoginnafight, and rdean have informed us of this.

So ask yourself, has Rand Paul eaten Asparagus?

images

No... You did not.

Statement of Principles

Ok man, you really need to weed this shit out. The first link I listened to some audio and it was not racist, he was pointing out how tired of blacks making race the #1 issue. But I don't know what I'm looking for.

There's a story around the video - i never even hit the video. Just read the story. If you like - if you consider it such a bother - then don't bother. I don't care.

BTW - putting words into my mouth - and then arguing with THAT instead of what I've actually posted only points out how weak your position really is.

The oddity about Rand Paul is that a huge amount of the Republican voter base that didn't like his father love Rand. Despite Rand being near identical to his father. How about we see if Rand runs, then see how he does before people try and make predictions, because if they/you are wrong, something tells me you won't apologize or hold yourself accountable.

And for the record, Ron's voter count like tripped from 2008 election to the 2012 election. Ron pulled almost 20% of all votes cast in the primaries, what if that kept up going into 2016?

Rand would have a shot if he would change his views on international relations.

Isolationism is not going to work. Staunch hawkishness is not going to work either.
But cold-blooded practicism ( he is our kind of SOB manner) is going to work.
On international arena there is no role for touchy-feely stupidity. It's our interests ONLY.

Ah the good ol' days..

I sort of agree with Paul about interventionism. But not as extremely.

Actually Rand Paul did go to Howard University.

Rand Paul Delivers Speech at Howard University (Video and Text) - Washington Wire - WSJ

speaking is not listening, is it?

That's the problem that Republicans have with blacks, hispanics, women, gays, etc ...
They talk AT them - not WITH them. They don't listen. I think the Howard students made that perfectly clear and resented "being used as props."
Reactions to Sen. Rand Paul's Speech at Howard University - Reason.com

But it's a start, perhaps.

Maybe it would have gone better without his links to racism.

I think Paul is not a dummy. I think he recognizes the work he needs to do.

I watched the video and overwhelmingly they liked him... Man, you blindly hate this guy.

And as we found out Democrats don't care about voting for someone who actually tries to cut military spending so he can't get any swing voters...

You honestly think that we would have gotten less military spending from McCain or Romney than we got from Obama?

Rand would have a shot if he would change his views on international relations.

Isolationism is not going to work. Staunch hawkishness is not going to work either.
But cold-blooded practicism ( he is our kind of SOB manner) is going to work.
On international arena there is not role for touchy-feely stupidity. It's our interests ONLY.

I will work because we are broke, and it's hard to make the case for more war while claiming to be a fiscal conservative. So it in fact is working. Not to mention it will pull a fuck ton of independents and even Democrat voters who have been so clearly disenfranchised by the Democratic politicians who have proven to be more pro military than Bush/Republicans.

If everyone liberals call a racist votes for a racist like Rand Paul he has the majority vote.

Forum List

Back