Will Smith assaults Chris Rock at Oscars

As I said before, my girlfriend had chemo some years ago, for breast cancer. If a comedian had made jokes about her bald head back then, I would have slapped the shit out of him.

I wouldn't blame you.

However, most of the times, jokes are just jokes, and not insults.

Am I supposed to know about it because she's open about it? She's been open about he open marriage too, and to be honest, I don't really care. They're all pretty much all attention whores.

If Chris Rock didn't know, I bet he does now.

If you know it is a medical condition and you know they are sensitive about it, then making jokes on national tv is simply cruel.

I have no clue IF he knew or not.

Oscars were unwatchable for me for decade or more. I just watched the clip because I've seen the thread on this.

I wasn't disappointed... when they go low, you go even lower. :D

And "keep my wife's name out of your fing mouth", twice, on national TV, is high style as well.

If you know it is a medical condition and you know they are sensitive about it, then making jokes on national tv is simply cruel.
I only became aware of it a few years ago.

I am really quite surprised at how prevalent it is among black women in the American community. My favorite politician, Cynthia McKinney, I believe suffers from it.

I did some research, and I believe, between 4-5% of middle aged or older black women get this condition, about 1 and half percent to two percent of Hispanic women, and a percent of white women get it.

For some reason, Asian women don't really get it. They have less than a percent of their population that suffer from it.

Men everywhere?

:auiqs.jpg:

Again… You’re misusing the word. There was no “defending” going on. There was a joke. And an assault.

First, it's Oscars, it's supposed to be "high class".

They hire comedian to do jokes, right? And everyone attending is a fair game.

The thing I don't get is... Will is OK with another man fucking his wife, but jokes are where you cross the line?

First, it's Oscars, it's supposed to be "high class".

They hire comedian to do jokes, right? And everyone attending is a fair game.

The thing I don't get is... Will is OK with another man fucking his wife, but jokes are where you cross the line?
From what I saw he even laughed at the joke. So he knew it was a joke, and not a dig. Then after the camera pans away Smith comes up and slapped Rock. So one can only assume something she said, or did motivated Smith to assault Rock.

Last edited:
Or the whole thing was staged.

Again, like I wrote. in the black community, this is a reasonably common condition.

The very first female millionaire, is rumored to have made her million, BECAUSE of this condition. It isn't really, that big of a deal.

Most folks in the black community know this. . . .

Madam CJ Walker – Entrepreneur​

". . During the 1890s, she suffered from alopecia and began to experiment with different treatments, including those by Annie Malone, another pioneering black entrepreneur. Hair loss was a common ailment among black women at the time, due to scalp diseases and products which damaged hair – not to mention stress and poor diet. . . . "

6aa6li.jpg

Forum List

Back