Will Speaker Pelosi withhold articles of impeachment from Senate until guaranteed a fair trial?

Some House Democrats push Pelosi to withhold impeachment articles, delaying Senate trial

When will Speaker Pelosi send Articles of Impeachment to the Senate for trial? Apparently that is her choice if/when she sends them over for trial. It sounds like she is strategically waiting for feedback from McConnell about the rules/procedures - and FAIRNESS. If she thinks it's just going to be a sham trial - she may not send them over. The Articles of Impeachment DO NOT EXPIRE - not next year; not next Congress; not ever.

What do you think?
she should be charged with obstruction of congress [senate] and abuse of power and demanding a quid pro quo [do what we want or we'll hold the articles] !

Really? Under what law? Conspiracy theories don't count.

Who made you judge ?

If I'm wrong, then tell me why.

Donald J. Trump isn't perfect.

But he isn't an abortionist like the other candidates, believes that Almighty God put Adam and Eve (not Steve) into the garden, and doesn't take it in the caboose.

Compared to the others, he's a paragon of virtue.

"Donald J. Trump isn't perfect." Yuge understatement.

Out of the 17 Republican candidates who are pro-life and believe in Jesus, you picked the one who is the least Christ-like.

According to who ? You ?

Please provide the standard for being Christlike and we'll have a debate over who is and isn't.

If Trump isn't, Adam Schiffhead is the devil.

You can start with the 7th commandment. But I doubt you'll give an honest answer.

Correction: 8th*

If I'm wrong, then tell me why.

But he isn't an abortionist like the other candidates, believes that Almighty God put Adam and Eve (not Steve) into the garden, and doesn't take it in the caboose.

Out of the 17 Republican candidates who are pro-life and believe in Jesus, you picked the one who is the least Christ-like.

According to who ? You ?

Please provide the standard for being Christlike and we'll have a debate over who is and isn't.

You can start with the 7th commandment. But I doubt you'll give an honest answer.

The 7th Commandment for the Catholics is the 8th for the Protestants. The 7th for the Protestants is the 6th in the RCC.

According to who ? You ?

The 7th Commandment for the Catholics is the 8th for the Protestants. The 7th for the Protestants is the 6th in the RCC.

Thanks.

Some House Democrats push Pelosi to withhold impeachment articles, delaying Senate trial

When will Speaker Pelosi send Articles of Impeachment to the Senate for trial? Apparently that is her choice if/when she sends them over for trial. It sounds like she is strategically waiting for feedback from McConnell about the rules/procedures - and FAIRNESS. If she thinks it's just going to be a sham trial - she may not send them over. The Articles of Impeachment DO NOT EXPIRE - not next year; not next Congress; not ever.

What do you think?
she should be charged with obstruction of congress [senate] and abuse of power and demanding a quid pro quo [do what we want or we'll hold the articles] !
McConnell is far too measured for any of that. For now, I think he is going to give her an opportunity to transmit the articles the 73 feet from her door to his. The Federal Appeals Court is hearing the arguments for two of Trump's advisers that he asserted privilege for. I don't know how quickly they will render a decision, but for now, we wait while Nancy figures out what she wants to do. She has kind of left herself twisting in the wind, and there is probably no point in the GOP rushing out to rescue her.

What do you think?

Really? Under what law? Conspiracy theories don't count.
the hypocrisy of your post is staggering .

What do you think?
McConnell is far too measured for any of that. For now, I think he is going to give her an opportunity to transmit the articles the 73 feet from her door to his. The Federal Appeals Court is hearing the arguments for two of Trump's advisers that he asserted privilege for. I don't know how quickly they will render a decision, but for now, we wait while Nancy figures out what she wants to do. She has kind of left herself twisting in the wind, and there is probably no point in the GOP rushing out to rescue her.
i know .... i was just pointing out the hypocrisy of the left when they carry out the same acts that they accuse others of .

What do you think?
i know .... i was just pointing out the hypocrisy of the left when they carry out the same acts that they accuse others of .
McConnell's offered Schumer the exact same procedures he accepted and voted for for Clinton, the procedures that passed the US Senate 100-0. Schumer thought those Senate rules were perfectly acceptable, for Bill Clinton.

What do you think?
McConnell's offered Schumer the exact same procedures he accepted and voted for for Clinton, the procedures that passed the US Senate 100-0. Schumer thought those Senate rules were perfectly acceptable, for Bill Clinton.

Even if true - treason outweighs blowjobs.

What do you think?

One - it wasn't treason.
Two - It was lying under oath (by Clinton)

You are a moron.

You've always been a moron.

You'll always be a moron.

According to who ? You ?

Ah, so they make up their own 10 Commandments. How nice.

Trumps 13 commandments
Once you have their money... you never give it back. "
2 The best deal is the one that brings the most profit.
2 Money is everything.
3 Never spend more for an acquisition than you have to. "
5 Always exaggerate your estimates.
6 Never allow family to stand in the way of opportunity. "
7 Keep your ears open. "
8 Small print leads to large risk.
9 Opportunity plus instinct equals profit.
10 Greed is eternal. "
13 Anything worth doing is worth doing for money.

Now that the impeachment hoax has ground to a halt by the people who created it; where do we go from here?

Now that the impeachment hoax has ground to a halt by the people who created it; where do we go from here?

HA, Nancy pulled the pin and now she has no idea what to do with the live grenade....LOL

What do you think?

The "Articles" are "Abuse of Power" and "Obstruction of Congress" idiot.
1. Not a crime or impeachable.
2. Will be thrown out by Roberts because the USSC already decided that Trump does have the right to take issues to court

LOL

Impeached Trump is still impeached. Even better, that will be his legacy forever.

2. Will be thrown out by Roberts because the USSC already decided that Trump does have the right to take issues to court
^^^ another rightard who never heard of the Graham Rule.

“You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if this body determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role. Impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.” ~ Lindsey Graham R-SC, 1.16.1999​

But see liberals the here and now does not operate from comments people made 20-150 years ago. You use the past as a crutch because you have nothing in the present

Roberts can't throw it out, he only has an administrative role. The Senate has the SOLE power of impeachment trial, and as such is not reviewable by Roberts, SCOTUS, The House, The President, or anyone else.

Judge Nixon v. United States, 506 U.S. 224 (1993)

The court's decision was unanimous, but four separate opinions were published. The majority opinion, by Chief Justice William Rehnquist, held that the courts may not review the impeachment and trial of a federal officer because the Constitution reserves that function to a coordinate political branch. Article I, Section 3 of the Constitution gives the Senate the "sole power to try all impeachments." Because of the word sole it is clear that the judicial branch was not to be included. Furthermore, because the word try was originally understood to include fact-finding committees, there was a textually demonstrable commitment to give broad discretion to the Senate in impeachments.

Furthermore the Framers believed that representatives of the people should try impeachments, and the Court was too small to justly try impeachments. Also, the judicial branch is "checked" by impeachments, so judicial involvement in impeachments violates the doctrine of the separation of powers.

Forum List

Back