Will Texas go Blue in 2016?

There is no way the conservatives in Texas would ever allow their state to sink to the level of the liberals.

Well, if amnesty floods the states with hispanics and hispanics vote for the person promising more freebies from the public treasury it could go blue. Only 19% of hispanics think that they aren't entitled to more benefits. The rest want more free stuff.

Articles: Forget Immigration. It's Big Government Hispanic Voters Want.

You really should make this the republican campaign slogan for 2016. :lol:

2016 is too early

2020 and 2024 Texas should be a battleground state. Changing demographics are not in Republicans favor

Numbers actually decreasing for dems in the state. Wont happen.

Its not the number of Dems vs the number of Repubs but where the independents and moderates will vote. I expect they will turn Texas to a battleground state

Its not the number of Dems vs the number of Repubs but where the independents and moderates will vote. I expect they will turn Texas to a battleground state

I dont see it that way. Mods and indies are more conservative and more independent. The national democratic party has become a dependent party....which doesnt reflect on social values here. Ive seen it for twenty years now.

There is no way the conservatives in Texas would ever allow their state to sink to the level of the liberals.

Well, if amnesty floods the states with hispanics and hispanics vote for the person promising more freebies from the public treasury it could go blue. Only 19% of hispanics think that they aren't entitled to more benefits. The rest want more free stuff.

Democrats have made it a centerpiece of every campaign. That's how they got the hispanic vote to begin with.

I dont see it that way. Mods and indies are more conservative and more independent. The national democratic party has become a dependent party....which doesnt reflect on social values here. Ive seen it for twenty years now.

And that is the crux of the argument

Texas will always have their rednecks. It is a solid constituency

But will they be able to continue to push their will on the entire state? Moderates are in a quandry. They may want to be moderate Conservative but conservatives have taken an all or nothing approach. That leaves moderates with only a moderate liberal stance to vote for

Democrats have made it a centerpiece of every campaign. That's how they got the hispanic vote to begin with.

So villifying and demonizing those whom you're trying to appeal to for votes is a good plan?

This is what amazes me about some republicans. You do that to certain demographics, then ask for their vote and can't figure out why they laugh in your faces.

Texas GOP Chair: If Hillary Runs in 2016, Texas Won?t Be a ?Solid Republican? State | TheBlaze.com

Agreed on by both repubs and dems...That would be the end of the line for GOP! :eek:

She'd more than likely snag Arkansas, Louisiana and Missouri too.

And the thing is, Texas is turning into a blue state with or without Hillary. It's fun to watch. :lol:

Romney took Texas by 16 pt. Yep hispanics from south of the border are moving to TX, but so are business people from across that country that are sick and tired of tax and spend policies in their old states!

Yup, denial is the best way to handle it...LOL

I've lived in Texas for over forty years. Trust me when I say ...It ain't happening.
The majority of dem voters are in the major inner cities and the border counties. (Which tells you a lot about the quality of dem voters) The rest of the state votes Republican.

So villifying and demonizing those whom you're trying to appeal to for votes is a good plan?

This is what amazes me about some republicans. You do that to certain demographics, then ask for their vote and can't figure out why they laugh in your faces.

That has nothing to do with it. Poor immigrants from South of the border desire all the free stuff Democrats provide them. They want large government! The illegal immigration issues might be near and dear to some, but not majority care more about the free stuff. The GOP could go and say amnesty for all and te D's could be against it, but while the D's give the freebies, hispanics will go D.

That has nothing to do with it. Poor immigrants from South of the border desire all the free stuff Democrats provide them. They want large government! The illegal immigration issues might be near and dear to some, but not majority care more about the free stuff. The GOP could go and say amnesty for all and te D's could be against it, but while the D's give the freebies, hispanics will go D.

Yep....
Thats why they invaded Cali first. Lots of free shit there!!

Yup, denial is the best way to handle it...LOL

I've lived in Texas for over forty years. Trust me when I say ...It ain't happening.
The majority of dem voters are in the major inner cities and the border counties. (Which tells you a lot about the quality of dem voters) The rest of the state votes Republican.

Cities are where the population centers are. People vote, not empty real estate

As more high tech industry moves to Texas, these areas will becom Bluer

You can't deny the increasing clout of the Hispanic population. If Republicans continue to alienate them, Texas could swing

This very post indicates part of the problem with republican thinking.

It's not about amnesty. The GOP does not have to support amnesty to stop turning off Hispanic voters. What they have to do is stop all the racist and hate speech directed towards them. Something I really don't think you get.

Really? And that is how we won in 2012? Looks to me that the GOP is the dependent party. Deprendent on a demographic not only shrinking but dying off as well.

You just cannot insult 60% to 70% of the people and win elections.

I almost took a job in Austin. As one poster said, as more tech moves into Texas so will college educated liberals. Like myself.

Tho I would still have to drive east on I10 to see some real football in Tallahassee, not that burnt orange overrated nonsense.

Forum List

Back