Will Texas go Blue in 2016?

Yup, denial is the best way to handle it...LOL

I've lived in Texas for over forty years. Trust me when I say ...It ain't happening.
The majority of dem voters are in the major inner cities and the border counties. (Which tells you a lot about the quality of dem voters) The rest of the state votes Republican.

Cities are where the population centers are. People vote, not empty real estate

As more high tech industry moves to Texas, these areas will becom Bluer

You can't deny the increasing clout of the Hispanic population. If Republicans continue to alienate them, Texas could swing

The problem with your theory is that Texas is huge and has a shitload of small towns that vote republican.

I almost took a job in Austin. As one poster said, as more tech moves into Texas so will college educated liberals. Like myself.

Tho I would still have to drive east on I10 to see some real football in Tallahassee, not that burnt orange overrated nonsense.

Thanks for not taking the job. We really appreciate it.

I've lived in Texas for over forty years. Trust me when I say ...It ain't happening.
The majority of dem voters are in the major inner cities and the border counties. (Which tells you a lot about the quality of dem voters) The rest of the state votes Republican.

You can't deny the increasing clout of the Hispanic population. If Republicans continue to alienate them, Texas could swing

The problem with your theory is that Texas is huge and has a shitload of small towns that vote republican.

And that reflects the changing demographics in Texas

The small shithole towns are not expanding

What you fail to understand is that it takes a lot of those small towns to equal ONE San Antonio or Houston. And the cities are growing at a faster rate than the backwater towns.

Yup, denial is the best way to handle it...LOL

Gerrymandering has pushed the Dems to the cities in the rest of the country. That is why the Dems are winning nationally. How long will it be before the same results is seen in Texas. I agree that 2016 is too soon. But shortly after....maybe.

You really dont know shit about Texas. Texas is almost completely owned by private citizens. These private citizens have large tracts of land. Most owned by Republicans.
Take a drive across Texas(pack a lunch cause it's gonna take awhile)and you'll see.

You really dont know shit about Texas. Texas is almost completely owned by private citizens. These private citizens have large tracts of land. Most owned by Republicans.
Take a drive across Texas(pack a lunch cause it's gonna take awhile)and you'll see.

So what?

Land doesn't vote, people do.

And the people who own large tracts of land have one vote apiece, just like the people who live in apartments do.

What you fail to understand is that it takes a lot of those small towns to equal ONE San Antonio or Houston. And the cities are growing at a faster rate than the backwater towns.

You're assuming everyone in the inner cities vote democrat. Thats hardly the case.

You're assuming everyone in the inner cities vote democrat. Thats hardly the case.

You're right, they don't.

Of course everyone out in the south 40 doesn't vote republican either, so there is that.

There is no way the conservatives in Texas would ever allow their state to sink to the level of the liberals.

More importantly, would Texas want to go by way of Chicago? Of course not. That is why Dems need Texas to be flooded with immigrants who have bypassed US Immigration process and laws to flood the state and vote the way Democrats tell them to......just like they do in Chicago.

Voter fraud is the only way democrats can win an election.

You are a sore loser.

So what?

And the people who own large tracts of land have one vote apiece, just like the people who live in apartments do.

Wow!! I didnt realize Texas was full of one person households.
You have more and more conservatives fleeing other states and coming here for the business environment. And they bring the jobs. I cant for the life of me figure out why you would want to bring the failed policies of lib states here.
It just defies logic. And I think Texans are smart enough to see that. And I dont see that changing anytime soon.

So what?

You have more and more conservatives fleeing other states and coming here for the business environment. And they bring the jobs. I cant for the life of me figure out why you would want to bring the failed policies of lib states here.
It just defies logic. And I think Texans are smart enough to see that. And I dont see that changing anytime soon.

You believe conservatives are the only people coming into Texas?

Of course everyone out in the south 40 doesn't vote republican either, so there is that.

The vast majority do. Look at a by county voting map.
Dems do win in the inner cities no doubt. Hell we have a lesbian mayor in Houston.
But it's not like they win in a landslide.
And y'all are assuming that dems are going to continue to win. Personally I think obamas failure as a president is going to swing voters back to the right.

So what?

You believe conservatives are the only people coming into Texas?

Dont believe I said that.

Dems do win in the inner cities no doubt. Hell we have a lesbian mayor in Houston.
And y'all are assuming that dems are going to continue to win. Personally I think obamas failure as a president is going to swing voters back to the right.

Obama's "failure as a president" got him reelected, so I wouldn't hold my breath here.

Obama's "failure as a president" got him reelected, so I wouldn't hold my breath here.

Texas wasnt the reason..

Forum List

Back