Will the Trump's be homeless due to NY judges? (Poll)

Do you believe that the Trumps will lose all of their wealth in NY?

• Yes

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • No

Votes: 25 78.1%

• Total voters
Do you believe that a judge can take personal property? I hope not.
p.s. banks that loaned the Trump's money should know how to value of the various Trump properties, that is their job

And a lot of commercial property worth, is based on how much money they bring in. Two identical apartment buildings. One brings in $1 million a year in rent. The other brings in $5 million a year in rent.

Which one is worth more?

And how does the bank find out how much money the building brings in?

And if Mar-A-Lago is ALSO seized as part of the judgment? Being in a different State... CAN it be seized? WILL it be seized?

Yes, property in other states can be seized under a court judgement.

Interesting to note. MAL is in FL, but it is owned by the Trump Organization which is still based on New York.

What will be interesting to watch with MAL, is that typically an individuals principal private residence may be excluded (varies by state) from such judgements so that regular people are not left homeless.

What's interesting is that MAL is not an individual private residence. It's where he lives, but MAL is actually a commercial entity not a private residence. MAL was never FPOTUS#45's principal private residences. He bought it in 1985 (I assume through a shell company) and it was a residence, but his primary residence remained in New York where he lived, paid taxes, and voted. MAL was a second home. Then in 1994 it was changed from a private residence to a commercial Country Club. Commercial properties do not necessarily qualify for the private principal residence exemption to judgements.

W

Last edited:
Mara Lago can't be seized or sold. It's an historic trust.

It's not a "historic trust", it's a historic property.

Sure it can since it's a business.

MAL can be sold, but the buyer may be required to adhere to historic deed limitations on such things as (a) new constructions, (b) remodeling, (c) land usage, and (d) limitations on not being able to subdivide the property for sale.

WW

And a lot of commercial property worth, is based on how much money they bring in. Two identical apartment buildings. One brings in $1 million a year in rent. The other brings in $5 million a year in rent.

Which one is worth more?

And how does the bank find out how much money the building brings in?

Everything Trump owns is mortgaged.

You have to submit your financials on how much a property earns.

It's not a "historic trust", it's a historic property.

Sure it can since it's a business.

MAL can be sold, but the buyer may be required to adhere to historic deed limitations on such things as (a) new constructions, (b) remodeling, (c) land usage, and (d) limitations on not being able to subdivide the property for sale.

WW

"What really diminishes the value of that property is an easement that he signed with the National Trust for Historic Preservation," Mary Shanklin, the author of American Castle: One Hundred Years of Mar-a-Lago, said in a Tuesday interview. "That's what kills any potential market value."

"What really diminishes the value of that property is an easement that he signed with the National Trust for Historic Preservation," Mary Shanklin, the author of American Castle: One Hundred Years of Mar-a-Lago, said in a Tuesday interview. "That's what kills any potential market value."

Yep, he wanted tax breaks. That does not mean that MAL is owned by a trust, what it means it is deed restricted as to what can be done with it. Those restrictions don't limit the sale, they limit what owners (current and future) can do with it.

WW

Yep, he wanted tax breaks. That does not mean that MAL is owned by a trust, what it means it is deed restricted as to what can be done with it. Those restrictions don't limit the sale, they limit what owners (current and future) can do with it.

WW

That limits the sale.

That limits the sale.

Oh true. There may not be a lot of buyers that will want to deal with the deed restrictions. But that is a sellers market issue not a "it can't be sold" issue.

So you post it for $250M, if it doesn't sell post if for $200M. Rinse repeat. It will eventually sell.

WW

I LOVE how asshole Democrats are showing their true colors. Finally these pricks have come out of the closet to show America how NASTY they are. Good job Dems!

Oh true. There may not be a lot of buyers that will want to deal with the deed restrictions. But that is a sellers market issue not a "it can't be sold" issue.

So you post it for $250M, if it doesn't sell post if for $200M. Rinse repeat. It will eventually sell.

WW

I think $200 million is extremely optimistic.

Which one is worth more? And how does the bank find out how much money the building brings in?
It's the banks' job to know how much things are worth.
I can say from personal experience that bankers know how to verify financial information.
Banks have sophisticated financial modeling and investigators that do sophisticated risk analyses.

wouldn't the left love that? Well. not as much as if they could torture and kill him every day, revive him and do it all over again.
They're beginning something They will not know how to finish especially when it turns around and bites them.... Shades of Harry Reid as always.

It's the banks' job to know how much things are worth.
I can say from personal experience that bankers know how to verify financial information.
Banks have sophisticated financial modeling and investigators that do sophisticated risk analyses.

You may be stating his problem incorrectly.

His problem isn't that the amount of principal on the various loans and insurance was incorrect on the capital property. He over inflated OTHER properties held in various shell companies (IIRC over 500) to inflate his net worth to get lower rates that he normally wouldn't have gotten.

If you equate it to a home mortgage:
  • The principal borrowed is valued against the home.
  • The interest rate you pay for the loan depends on reported income, other assets (checking, savings, CD's, investment, etc.), and your credit score.

WW

You may be stating his problem incorrectly.
His problem isn't that the amount of principal on the various loans and insurance was incorrect on the capital property. He over inflated OTHER properties held in various shell companies (IIRC over 500) to inflate his net worth to get lower rates that he normally wouldn't have gotten.
If you equate it to a home mortgage:
  • The principal borrowed is valued against the home.
  • The interest rate you pay for the loan depends on reported income, other assets (checking, savings, CD's, investment, etc.), and your credit score.WW
Actually I think I'm right and the bed wetters are wrong.

Business runs on the rule "Caveat Emptor", correct?

That means that the lenders need to do their "due diligence" before lending money. The banks had to be sure Trump was good for the loan. The fact that they all made money and would all do business again means that Trump and the banks just did good business deals. The banks all know big borrowers' "credit worthiness".

Yet Trump was found liable, kyzr, so your point in #151 does not apply.
...or the NY commies just abused the legal system to destroy a political opponent, so #151 does apply.

Don't hang your hat on the "Banana Republic" of NY's legal system.

Real judges should rectify the abuse based on real law, like the 8th Amendment.

That means that the lenders need to do their "due diligence" before lending money. The banks had to be sure Trump was good for the loan. The fact that they all made money and would all do business again means that Trump and the banks just did good business deals. The banks all know big borrowers' "credit worthiness".

“Caveat Emptor” would apply when both participants are truthful.

It would not apply when one party persistently uses fraudulent and illegal business practices.

WW

Trump can't borrow money now because all the surety companies require collateral and Trump has none.

Mara Lago can't be seized or sold. It's an historic trust.
I wonder if that's actually true... can't see why a trust can't be transferred to the highest bidder... but I'm out of my depth on that.

Forum List

Back