Wilson among 45 previously fired for racism/corruption

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Ferguson Officer Darren Wilson once a member of police force disbanded over racial tension report - NY Daily News

The officer who shot Michael Brown six times on Aug. 9 was a former member of the Jennings Police Department, which its city council disbanded in 2011 over corruption and racial tension among its residents. Wilson reportedly did not have any disciplinary issues with the department, but all 45 officers were fired.

The newspaper reports Wilson was employed by the small town of Jennings, Mo., whose officers' relationship with the public was so bad the city council decided to take the highly unusual step of firing all of its 45 officers three years ago.

The newspaper notes Wilson did not have any disciplinary problems, and the move was due to a combination of corruption within the department and problems between the nearly all-white department and the community that was 89% black.

I have no idea why the board changes to bold or changes the font. Read the rest at the link.

Related:

This Dramatic Newspaper Front Page Explains A Major Source Of Racial Tension In Ferguson And Beyond ThinkProgress

In the wake of Michael Brown’s killing, the strong community reaction reflected not only anger Brown’s death but long-standing racial tensions between the community and the police. Professor Clarissa Hayward told the L.A. Times that “The St. Louis metropolitan area has been an extreme example of racial segregation for 100 years.”

The front page of today’s St. Louis Post-Dispatch is a powerful illustration of one component of the divide — a largely white police force patrolling a largely black population. The disparity is huge in Ferguson but even worse in other communities throughout the state.

Screen-Shot-2014-08-24-at-9.34.23-AM-638x689.png

No wonder blacks are pissed.

And, as incredible as it may seem, I'd bet the others were also hired by other police departments.

This isn't going to stop until we require police officers be held accountable for their actions.

Again, a similarity to the gz/Trayvon Martin case where self defense on the part of Trayvon will be morphed into life threatening injuries for poor little gz. And, another white will get away with murdering a black.

CNN source Darren Wilson didn 8217 t suffer an eye socket fracture Hot Air
I want to make sure after yesterday’s post that everyone knows it’s still in dispute whether Wilson’s eye socket was actually fractured in his altercation with Michael Brown.

What’s apparently not in dispute is that Wilson somehow emerged from the incident with part of his face swollen.

The extent of the injury matters insofar as the worse it is, the stronger Wilson’s defense will be that he reasonably feared serious injury from Brown when he allegedly charged at him. But it probably doesn’t matter that much: Obviously, the complexion of a case in which an unarmed man is shot dead changes if the defendant was attacked just moments before, especially if that attack involved going for the defendant’s gun. If the victim’s intent to harm is proved, establishing that Wilson’s fear of Brown was reasonable, then he’s one-third of the way to self-defense. He’d also have to show that Brown was advancing on him, a claim the prosecution will try to disprove, and further that Brown was so dangerous that Wilson was justified in using lethal force in bringing him down. Not an easy task given that Brown had no weapon of his own, but then that’s why the injury is important.

Won't change anything Ludz. To conservatives Wilson is not the one on trial. Brown is.

Why is Wilson on trial? He's a cop. He did his duty. Now he's in trouble. I don't get it. Even those crying that he didn't have a broken eye socket admit that his face was swollen, he was wounded and ended up in the hospital due to the attack on him by Michael Brown. I know it's just me, but I don't think a cop should be on trial for doing his job.

Why is Wilson on trial? He's a cop. He did his duty. Now he's in trouble. I don't get it. Even those crying that he didn't have a broken eye socket admit that his face was swollen, he was wounded and ended up in the hospital due to the attack on him by Michael Brown. I know it's just me, but I don't think a cop should be on trial for doing his job.

Hands up don't shoot. That's why he's on trial.

Ferguson Officer Darren Wilson once a member of police force disbanded over racial tension report - NY Daily News

The officer who shot Michael Brown six times on Aug. 9 was a former member of the Jennings Police Department, which its city council disbanded in 2011 over corruption and racial tension among its residents. Wilson reportedly did not have any disciplinary issues with the department, but all 45 officers were fired.

The newspaper reports Wilson was employed by the small town of Jennings, Mo., whose officers' relationship with the public was so bad the city council decided to take the highly unusual step of firing all of its 45 officers three years ago.

The newspaper notes Wilson did not have any disciplinary problems, and the move was due to a combination of corruption within the department and problems between the nearly all-white department and the community that was 89% black.

I have no idea why the board changes to bold or changes the font. Read the rest at the link.

Related:

This Dramatic Newspaper Front Page Explains A Major Source Of Racial Tension In Ferguson And Beyond ThinkProgress

In the wake of Michael Brown’s killing, the strong community reaction reflected not only anger Brown’s death but long-standing racial tensions between the community and the police. Professor Clarissa Hayward told the L.A. Times that “The St. Louis metropolitan area has been an extreme example of racial segregation for 100 years.”

The front page of today’s St. Louis Post-Dispatch is a powerful illustration of one component of the divide — a largely white police force patrolling a largely black population. The disparity is huge in Ferguson but even worse in other communities throughout the state.

Screen-Shot-2014-08-24-at-9.34.23-AM-638x689.png

No wonder blacks are pissed.
Any idea why there aren't a higher percentage of black cops?

LaSlimes doing what they do best
Sliming

worthless rag folks. so left biased it's all dishonesty and stuff like this. stir stir the shit pot

Aren't you rushing to judgement? Unless he's been indicted he's not on trial yet. Did the bullets hit in a "hands up" position?

Aren't you rushing to judgement? Unless he's been indicted he's not on trial yet. Did the bullets hit in a "hands up" position?

3 of 4 witnesses describe him with his hands up. And you might want to think twice before accusing others of rushing to judgement about this. :cool:
I merely stated that Wilson is not on trial yet, he hasn't been indicted.The autopsy depictions do not indicate hands were up. Plus, what about the cell phone videos of the incident that the police have? No one knows all the facts and so for it's all speculation.

Except the guy didn't have his hands up. That was born out by the autopsy and the paths of the bullets.

3 of 4 witnesses describe him with his hands up. And you might want to think twice before accusing others of rushing to judgement about this. :cool:
I merely stated that Wilson is not on trial yet, he hasn't been indicted.The autopsy depictions do not indicate hands were up. Plus, what about the cell phone videos of the incident that the police have? No one knows all the facts and so for it's all speculation.

Fair enough :thup:

Forum List

Back