Wisconsin Republicans seek to jail more officials including Racine, Wi's Mayor as part of their review of the 2020 presidential election

Jailing mayors...

Will Trump's puppets never stop??

How did this loon ever wind up on the Wisconsin Supreme Court?

I agree with you that any mayor that allows rioting and burning of businesses should be jailed.

Jailing mayors...

Will Trump's puppets never stop??

How did this loon ever wind up on the Wisconsin Supreme Court?

Don't you commies always claim fighting subpoenas is unpatriotic and they must have something to hide?

Will saying the election was not stolen ever stop?
irony.jpg

The title says they'll seek to jail "more", I didn't see where they've jailed even one so far. Do the folks in WI know what "more" means?

Baseless? Hardly baseless. That word disqualifies anything that article says.
politico is fair to both sides...these excerpts from the article prove it...this is a healthy warning sign for the GOP:

Timothy Ramthun’s entry into Wisconsin’s gubernatorial primary last weekend was the car wreck no one could look away from.

His campaign is built around the preposterous idea the 2020 election could still be overturned — something even sympathetic Republicans here acknowledge is impossible. His campaign website went live, only to be deactivated. His three-hour campaign kickoff featured the appearance of Mike Lindell, the pillow salesperson and conspiracy theorist.

The problem for the Wisconsin Republican Party is that it isn’t just Ramthun. The entire party has been erupting on a near-daily basis here. In recent weeks, several county parties have called on the state’s longtime Republican Assembly speaker, Robin Vos, to resign, accusing one of Wisconsin’s most reliable conservatives of doing too little to pursue baseless claims the 2020 election was rigged. Other local party leaders are objecting to — or considering ignoring — the state party’s endorsement process in critical midterm elections, arguing it’s exclusionary. And in addition to Ramthun, there’s another gubernatorial candidate, Kevin Nicholson — who is openly warring with the state party, casting its chair as part of a “broken machine.”

“We’re going to spend millions of dollars tearing ourselves apart,” said Jack Yuds, chair of the Dodge County GOP, while Evers “is going to be sitting on millions of dollars” to use against the Republican nominee in November.

“I don’t like it,” he said. “We’ve got to focus the group.”

the rancor in Wisconsin is distinct in one important way. Unlike in some other states, such as Georgia and Arizona, activists here are not only repudiating their party’s entrenched elected officials, but the actual party itself.

“People are pissed,” said Terry Brand, the chair of the Republican Party in rural Langlade County.

The signs of discontent are hard to miss. On Saturday, activists wearing heavy coats and fur-lined hats in the freezing cold held signs that read “Decertify Now!” and “Toss Vos” outside a county Republican Party meeting in Waukesha, a GOP stronghold in the suburbs of Milwaukee.

The animosity is so pitched that if state party endorsements do go forward, said Bill McCoshen, a Wisconsin-based Republican strategist, “in some ways, it could be the kiss of death because the candidate who wins that [endorsement] could become the establishment candidate or the insider, and that’s what the base is against.”

He said, “In any normal year, winning the party endorsement would be a great thing. … Not here.”

Republicans are cognizant of the risk to Johnson and Kleefisch — and the possibility that a red wave, if it does materialize, could pass Wisconsin by. If even a sliver of Republican voters stay home in the general election — turned off by baseless claims about rigged elections, as they were in the Georgia Senate runoffs last year, or by party infighting — the damage could be costly.

Johnson himself appeared to acknowledge that possibility at a Reagan Day Dinner in Milwaukee on Friday night. Regardless of what happens in the debate over voting rules, he told about 300 activists at a Radisson hotel, “We can’t afford to have anybody sit back and say, ‘Oh, my vote’s not going to count.’” Regardless of what happens in the primaries, he said, “The day after that primary, we’ve got to come together.”

Sitting in the back of a packed ballroom as heavy snow fell outside, Scott Woiak, a conservative who served as a poll watcher in Milwaukee County in 2020, shrugged.

“They always have to say that,” Woiak said. “I don’t know if it can be done.”

politico is fair to both sides...these excerpts from the article prove it...this is a healthy warning sign for the GOP:

Timothy Ramthun’s entry into Wisconsin’s gubernatorial primary last weekend was the car wreck no one could look away from.

His campaign is built around the preposterous idea the 2020 election could still be overturned — something even sympathetic Republicans here acknowledge is impossible. His campaign website went live, only to be deactivated. His three-hour campaign kickoff featured the appearance of Mike Lindell, the pillow salesperson and conspiracy theorist.

The problem for the Wisconsin Republican Party is that it isn’t just Ramthun. The entire party has been erupting on a near-daily basis here. In recent weeks, several county parties have called on the state’s longtime Republican Assembly speaker, Robin Vos, to resign, accusing one of Wisconsin’s most reliable conservatives of doing too little to pursue baseless claims the 2020 election was rigged. Other local party leaders are objecting to — or considering ignoring — the state party’s endorsement process in critical midterm elections, arguing it’s exclusionary. And in addition to Ramthun, there’s another gubernatorial candidate, Kevin Nicholson — who is openly warring with the state party, casting its chair as part of a “broken machine.”

“We’re going to spend millions of dollars tearing ourselves apart,” said Jack Yuds, chair of the Dodge County GOP, while Evers “is going to be sitting on millions of dollars” to use against the Republican nominee in November.

“I don’t like it,” he said. “We’ve got to focus the group.”

the rancor in Wisconsin is distinct in one important way. Unlike in some other states, such as Georgia and Arizona, activists here are not only repudiating their party’s entrenched elected officials, but the actual party itself.

“People are pissed,” said Terry Brand, the chair of the Republican Party in rural Langlade County.

The signs of discontent are hard to miss. On Saturday, activists wearing heavy coats and fur-lined hats in the freezing cold held signs that read “Decertify Now!” and “Toss Vos” outside a county Republican Party meeting in Waukesha, a GOP stronghold in the suburbs of Milwaukee.

The animosity is so pitched that if state party endorsements do go forward, said Bill McCoshen, a Wisconsin-based Republican strategist, “in some ways, it could be the kiss of death because the candidate who wins that [endorsement] could become the establishment candidate or the insider, and that’s what the base is against.”

He said, “In any normal year, winning the party endorsement would be a great thing. … Not here.”

Republicans are cognizant of the risk to Johnson and Kleefisch — and the possibility that a red wave, if it does materialize, could pass Wisconsin by. If even a sliver of Republican voters stay home in the general election — turned off by baseless claims about rigged elections, as they were in the Georgia Senate runoffs last year, or by party infighting — the damage could be costly.

Johnson himself appeared to acknowledge that possibility at a Reagan Day Dinner in Milwaukee on Friday night. Regardless of what happens in the debate over voting rules, he told about 300 activists at a Radisson hotel, “We can’t afford to have anybody sit back and say, ‘Oh, my vote’s not going to count.’” Regardless of what happens in the primaries, he said, “The day after that primary, we’ve got to come together.”

Sitting in the back of a packed ballroom as heavy snow fell outside, Scott Woiak, a conservative who served as a poll watcher in Milwaukee County in 2020, shrugged.

“They always have to say that,” Woiak said. “I don’t know if it can be done.”
Politico is not fair to each side, period. A lengthy post that convinces no one.

they want the GOP to stop the infighting. in my view, they care more about conservatism than 2020 truthers like you
I am not a truther. I believe the electiion was stolen. It has nothing to do with anything else but the election being stolen.

Forum List

Back