Woke churches don't follow the bible on homosexual relations.

The Bible is a collection of very old writings. Particularly with the New Testament, we have no idea who wrote a great deal of it. And it has been edited/redacted so many times, that what is left is unrecognizable when compared to some of the oldest scrolls in existence.
As well as it only a small portion of the original texts.
No one should rely on the Bible as a rule book for faith. It is simply no more than a collection of old letters written by people whose motives we do not know, who certainly were not ordained by God to write.

Your claim is just....astounding really. "What is left is unrecognizable when compared to the earliest scrolls...". If what we have of the Bible dating to when we have it is not credible, NO historical documents are credible. I hope you realize.

Aren't Churches supposed to welcome sinners?

Absolutely. If we didn't welcome sinners no one would be there. However. What these churches advertise is that they not welcome, but "accept" and "celebrate".

What they SHOULD celebrate is that sinners are forgive via the Cross of Christ.

Psychopathy itself is neither moral nor immoral. It is just a label we have hung on a constellation of psychological measures.

Homosexuality is neither moral nor immoral.

Now we can certainly denounce the behavior of a psychopath especially if that behavior is murder, rape or other crimes against others but those crimes are also part of the continuum of human behaviors and the fact that we cannot rid society of these behaviors is proof that we never will.

Is any relationship between two consenting adults immoral if that relationship harms no one else?

And morality is relative as it always has been.

Morality only seems relative because of exceptions and nuances.

If it were relative than statements like this would not deeply offend us:

"Some societies find it holy to kill, cook and eat their own children"

What Does the Bible Say About Man Shall Not Lay With Man?

Read this and make up your opinion!

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 ESV / 12 helpful votes​

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Leviticus 18:22 ESV / 614 helpful votes​

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 ESV / 520 helpful votes​

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Romans 1:26 ESV / 128 helpful votes​

For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature;

Romans 1:26-27 ESV / 56 helpful votes​

For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

1 Timothy 1:10 ESV / 49 helpful votes​

The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,

Jude 1:7 ESV / 41 helpful votes​

Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

Genesis 19:5 ESV / 35 helpful votes​

And they called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us, that we may know them.”

Leviticus 20:13-16 ESV / 25 helpful votes​

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. If a man takes a woman and her mother also, it is depravity; he and they shall be burned with fire, that there may be no depravity among you. If a man lies with an animal, he shall surely be put to death, and you shall kill the animal. If a woman approaches any animal and lies with it, you shall kill the woman and the animal; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.
Why don't those same churches follow ALL the laws/rules in Leviticus? Because they are hypocrites and use the bible to justify their own hatred.

Why don't those same churches follow ALL the laws/rules in Leviticus? Because they are hypocrites and use the bible to justify their own hatred.

Because we are not Orthodox Jews.

This is covered extensively in the NT. To be honest, saying such a thing just reveals a lot of Biblical ignorance.

Because we are not Orthodox Jews.

This is covered extensively in the NT. To be honest, saying such a thing just reveals a lot of Biblical ignorance.
And so you follow the rules of a woman-hating Saul/Paul who was his day's Joseph Smith and L. Ron Hubbard all rolled into one?

And so you follow the rules of a woman-hating Saul/Paul who was his day's Joseph Smith and L. Ron Hubbard all rolled into one?

The depth of your ignorance is really quite astounding. That is not meant as a personal insult. It is an observation.

L. Ron Hubbard wrote fiction. That's all. Fiction.

Look up "The Book of Abraham", what Smith SAID it was about and what it actually is about. He is a con artist.

There is simply not a single book of the Bible that has proven as in-credible as Smith's writing. First. And L. Ron Hubbard wrote fiction. So....

Morality only seems relative because of exceptions and nuances.

If it were relative than statements like this would not deeply offend us:

"Some societies find it holy to kill, cook and eat their own children"
In all reality that was probably true at one time or another in some society.

Cannibalism is well documented in history.

You could have just as easily used that some societies find it perfectly acceptable for parents to sell their 13 year old daughters into marriage. Which is probably still done today.

That is just more evidence that morals are far from uniform and are everchanging.

What Does the Bible Say About Man Shall Not Lay With Man?

Read this and make up your opinion!

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 ESV / 12 helpful votes​

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Leviticus 18:22 ESV / 614 helpful votes​

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 ESV / 520 helpful votes​

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Romans 1:26 ESV / 128 helpful votes​

For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature;

Romans 1:26-27 ESV / 56 helpful votes​

For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

1 Timothy 1:10 ESV / 49 helpful votes​

The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,

Jude 1:7 ESV / 41 helpful votes​

Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

Genesis 19:5 ESV / 35 helpful votes​

And they called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us, that we may know them.”

Leviticus 20:13-16 ESV / 25 helpful votes​

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. If a man takes a woman and her mother also, it is depravity; he and they shall be burned with fire, that there may be no depravity among you. If a man lies with an animal, he shall surely be put to death, and you shall kill the animal. If a woman approaches any animal and lies with it, you shall kill the woman and the animal; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.
Jesus never said anything negative about homosexuality.

Your claim is just....astounding really. "What is left is unrecognizable when compared to the earliest scrolls...". If what we have of the Bible dating to when we have it is not credible, NO historical documents are credible. I hope you realize.
No
Most historical documents, if not ALL historical documents, the caretakers of these documents sought only to preserve the contents and keep them accurate as possible.
That is not what people did with these texts. Kings and religious leaders used it to gain and retain power. And what they didn't like, they changed/deleted it.
King James? The story is he wanted to make it as accurate as possible to the original Hebrew/Greek/Latin. Right? That's what we were told?
Partly.
Really what he did was included parts of the translations he liked (such as the Tyndale Bible which supported his own beliefs.) And discarded other versions that stated most governing should come from religious leaders, not royalty. Gone.
There is no REAL Bible. It simply doesn't exist. When the prophet Jesus left, he left no written word and no instruction whatsoever for what people should be told. This left a HUGE vacuum that was filled by literally 1000s of writers and prophets. Many of those writers claimed what they wrote was written many years prior.
The Bible is just a collection of various writings chosen because it supported the beliefs of Kings of the time.
It is simply true.

No
Most historical documents, if not ALL historical documents, the caretakers of these documents sought only to preserve the contents and keep them accurate as possible.
That is not what people did with these texts. Kings and religious leaders used it to gain and retain power. And what they didn't like, they changed/deleted it.
King James? The story is he wanted to make it as accurate as possible to the original Hebrew/Greek/Latin. Right? That's what we were told?
Partly.
Really what he did was included parts of the translations he liked (such as the Tyndale Bible which supported his own beliefs.) And discarded other versions that stated most governing should come from religious leaders, not royalty. Gone.
There is no REAL Bible. It simply doesn't exist. When the prophet Jesus left, he left no written word and no instruction whatsoever for what people should be told. This left a HUGE vacuum that was filled by literally 1000s of writers and prophets. Many of those writers claimed what they wrote was written many years prior.
The Bible is just a collection of various writings chosen because it supported the beliefs of Kings of the time.
It is simply true.

😲

The KJB is NOT the historical documents I'm talking about. What? That was....1611.

I'm not even a historic/Biblical scholar and I know very well that the documents that make the Bible go far back beyond the....KJB. Whoa.

In all reality that was probably true at one time or another in some society.

Cannibalism is well documented in history.

You could have just as easily used that some societies find it perfectly acceptable for parents to sell their 13 year old daughters into marriage. Which is probably still done today.

That is just more evidence that morals are far from uniform and are everchanging.

They're really not. A starving tribe resorting to cannibalism or a sect sacrificing them to their gods does not mean that parents killing, cooking and eating their own children is a moral good for humanity, or even morally neutral. This has been understood in all places, at all times, but almost all people. Not doing so is an anomaly.

Same with stealing. Same with shooting babies for target practice or for fun.

I could go on proving my point for a long time, but I hate to waste YOUR time, and I mean that. In my worldview, when I die, my spirit goes to be with God until the New Heaven, and then I get a new body to be with God forever.

In your worldview, you die and are either turned to ashes or wormfood. I hate to waste your time with argument when you are not compelled to agree because you have reason not to be.

😲

The KJB is NOT the historical documents I'm talking about. What? That was....1611.

I'm not even a historic/Biblical scholar and I know very well that the documents that make the Bible go far back beyond the....KJB. Whoa.
uh... I was clearly talking about the NT... the sentence "after the prophet Jesus left"... might have been a clue.

They're really not. A starving tribe resorting to cannibalism or a sect sacrificing them to their gods does not mean that parents killing, cooking and eating their own children is a moral good for humanity, or even morally neutral. This has been understood in all places, at all times, but almost all people. Not doing so is an anomaly.

Same with stealing. Same with shooting babies for target practice or for fun.

I could go on proving my point for a long time, but I hate to waste YOUR time, and I mean that. In my worldview, when I die, my spirit goes to be with God until the New Heaven, and then I get a new body to be with God forever.

In your worldview, you die and are either turned to ashes or wormfood. I hate to waste your time with argument when you are not compelled to agree because you have reason not to be.
Humanity?

It seems none of those things you think are morally reprehensible has done much to harm humanity. 7 billion and counting alive today.

You really haven't proven that morality is not relative. I can give you plenty of examples to show that it is.

Forum List

Back