Woke churches don't follow the bible on homosexual relations.

Morals change?

Back in time it was okay to kill your children, cook and eat them? No justification, remember, because it was acceptable.

Back in time it was okay to steal?

Back in time it was okay to lie to your loved ones?

You are making a flawed argument. You are saying because some things have been more or less acceptable in some societies over time, there are NO moral objective standards.

In truth you just really need there to be no moral objective standards.
But there are moral standards....
God has codified his.

Society and "everyone else is doing it" is not an excuse.

But there are moral standards....
God has codified his.

Society and "everyone else is doing it" is not an excuse.
Only if you recognize a god as an authority.

I don't.

IMO the gods people worship are as much a societal construct as morals are.

Only if you recognize a god as an authority.

I don't.

IMO the gods people worship are as much a societal construct as morals are.
One day...you can bring that argument up with God. I am not him. You will meet God one day. Let's see how far that argument gets you.

Yet, not one word from Jesus on the subject.

Paul wrote Corinthians and as far as I'm concerned, he is Jesus' usurper while Corinthians contains all sorts of silly superstitions.

Seems to me that people should be following Jesus and not everything BUT Jesus.

If you do not know the proper name of the Old Testament perhaps you should refrain from commentary on the Bible.
I for one always called the Old Testament to the New Testament, what are those new names you are talking about. Garbage!!

Morality only seems relative because of exceptions and nuances.

If it were relative than statements like this would not deeply offend us:

"Some societies find it holy to kill, cook and eat their own children"
Who cooks and eats their own children??

What Does the Bible Say About Man Shall Not Lay With Man?

Read this and make up your opinion!

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 ESV / 12 helpful votes​

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Leviticus 18:22 ESV / 614 helpful votes​

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 ESV / 520 helpful votes​

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Romans 1:26 ESV / 128 helpful votes​

For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature;

Romans 1:26-27 ESV / 56 helpful votes​

For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

1 Timothy 1:10 ESV / 49 helpful votes​

The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,

Jude 1:7 ESV / 41 helpful votes​

Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

Genesis 19:5 ESV / 35 helpful votes​

And they called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us, that we may know them.”

Leviticus 20:13-16 ESV / 25 helpful votes​

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. If a man takes a woman and her mother also, it is depravity; he and they shall be burned with fire, that there may be no depravity among you. If a man lies with an animal, he shall surely be put to death, and you shall kill the animal. If a woman approaches any animal and lies with it, you shall kill the woman and the animal; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Child sacrifice is the ritualistic killing of children in order to please or appease a deity, supernatural beings, or sacred social order, tribal, group or national loyalties in order to achieve a desired result. As such, it is a form of human sacrifice. Child sacrifice is thought to be an extreme extension of the idea that, the more important the object of sacrifice, the more devout the person giving it up is.[1]

Abraham sacrificed his son Isaac, one couldn't find him coming off the mountain. He magically reappears later.

It doesn't matter what the book of fiction, parables, myths and fantasy says. It is just a plagarized ration of BS anyway.

No he didn't.
Yes he did. One couldn't find him coming off the mountain. It was common practice to sacrifice a child in their days in the Old Testament.

“So Abraham returned unto his young men [waiting at the foot of the mountain], and they rose up and went together to Beersheba,” the text relates.

Last edited:
Yes he did. One couldn't find him coming off the mountain. It was common practice to sacrifice a child in their days.

Well, I guess I've never read the Penelope version of the Bible. Mine clearly states he sacrificed a ram.

It doesn't matter what the book of fiction, parables, myths and fantasy says. It is just a plagarized ration of BS anyway.
The Bible has remained for 5500 years (old Testament) and has been the centerpiece of controversy since its inception.

Nobody argues about Homer's Iliad the way they do about the Bible. Copies of the Bible can be found on every corner of the planet. In over 200 plus languages to date.

It is the most quoted and the most published book in the history of the planet. Several kings have tried desperately to remove its existence and failed.

Only a moron at this point would fail to understand this book's importance to mankind....well over and above the moslems book. The Bible has been here longer and is still more important than the Koran.

It is the first testament, stupid. And for some the only testament.

Oh. So when I teach Sunday School this summer it would be appropriate for me to tell the kids "turn to the first testament..."

We can just change names like that? Do the District of Columbia can be the Defunct of Columbia or something?

Who cooks and eats their own children??

Not many. That's because it's universally recognized as a moral abomination, with only a few exceptions

People are usually loathe to kill their own children because of evolutionary reasons not moral reasons.

And there are too many societies to count that had no qualms about killing children.

US soldiers used to stomp in the skulls of Native American babies so as not to waste a bullet.

And are you really so naive that you don't understate that lying is as much a human behavior as breathing?

We accept lying at all levels of society. We all lie every single day. And do you really think that in socieites where women were little more than chattel that lying to your wife was considered immoral?

That last sentence is ridiculous. There have always been morals as defined by society and there always will be. The only thing that is a fact is that those morals will change.

There actually might be a time when the earth is so overcrowded and we are warring over resources that population control will need to be implemented and it will be commandeered immoral to have more than 1 child.

Okay. So your position is sure then. On that US soldiers stomping on the heads of babies...that's just a matter of taste. Not wrong. There is no wrong. Society just has "preferences". The US soldiers wanted the land, so they did what they had to do.

Your rules. No more "sitting on God's lap to smack his face" from me. Your paradigm now.

That's hysterical that you're fighting about your biblical bullshit! LOL!

You're all moral abominations. You have no souls. You have no idea about what is right and what is wrong, except for what you are told. You're worse than atheists. And I'm an atheist.

Forum List

Back