Woman Charged with Felony for Burning Homo Pride Flag

And really it’s not speech
It’s an action, a physical aggression.
Speech can take the form of action.

For instance, I can stick my middle finger high in the air in response to something mumbled by our President. Rude? Yep. Immature? Perhaps. But speech nonetheless.

For instance, I can stick my middle finger high in the air in response to something mumbled by our President. Rude? Yep. Immature? Perhaps. But speech nonetheless.
Wrong
Speech is vocalizations of words
A silent finger give is a signal and not speech
It’s more wishfulness on part of lib loons and those that accommodate them to stretch the definition of speech into avenues not intended in order to gain protection for their acts mislabeled as speech

Wrong
Speech is vocalizations of words
A silent finger give is a signal and not speech
It’s more wishfulness on part of lib loons and those that accommodate them to stretch the definition of speech into avenues not intended in order to gain protection for their acts mislabeled as speech
No. I’m right. Legally, symbolic “speech” is still speech.

And although I am not a free speech absolutist (and I don’t believe that’s what the First Amendment says or means), I am actually ok with the idea that speech has to be defined in a sufficiently broad manner so as to include vocalization, the written word and symbolic expression (such as art), etc.

So burning the front of that building is free speech?

I wasn't aware that arson was protected speech. Who knew?

No. I’m right. Legally, symbolic “speech” is still speech.

And although I am not a free speech absolutist (and I don’t believe that’s what the First Amendment says or means), I am actually ok with the idea that speech has to be defined in a sufficiently broad manner so as to include vocalization, the written word and symbolic expression (such as art), etc.
We disagree on this
The effect of an act that’s not from vocalizing is not speech. A concept is conveyed but not vocalized. Inferred is also an accurate definition of the act

You stated acts that convey a message are speech

The Left considers the "OK" sign to be hate speech.

1718303590401.png

We disagree on this
The effect of an act that’s not from vocalizing is not speech. A concept is conveyed but not vocalized. Inferred is also an accurate definition of the act
We do disagree. In the days of the creation and ratification of the first Amendment, there were no long distance communications other than the written word (or a messenger from point A to point B). But the first amendment protected written speech (like our formerly free press) despite the lack of vocalization.

You stated acts that convey a message are speech
Quote me as saying that.

I also said that I’m not a free speech absolutist.

I don’t believe that one can use freedom of speech to justify revealing the placement of troops in a time of war, for example. And the famous example of falsely crying “FIRE” in a crowded theater.

you cant burn someone else's property if that is flag belonged to someone else then they should have been arrested too...damn lighting a flag on a building should be arson

It is. She was charged with arson as well. It caught other parts of the front of the building on fire.

She was eventually found mentally unfit to stand trial. She was also vandalizing police cruisers by writing "Jesus is King!" on them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back