Pride flag desecration is a hate crime

People aren’t protesting and burning an American flag out of love for someone or something.

This connection between burning your own flag and someone else’s is just freaking stupid. The mind set motivating the act is the same. Isn’t that what a hate crime is? Additional charges based on your mind set?

People aren’t protesting and burning an American flag out of love for someone or something.

This connection between burning your own flag and someone else’s is just freaking stupid. The mind set motivating the act is the same. Isn’t that what a hate crime is? Additional charges based on your mind set?
It's okay dumb dumb. The concept of private property is too much for you. :itsok:

I know that the idiots who support making this a hate crime because he stole the flag would not see it differently if he had purchased the flag.

These idiots would say that the crime was a mind set which caused him to desecrate a flag out of hate for the people that flag represents.

I don’t understand why anyone would feel the need to smear the gay flag (rainbow flag) with feces, etc.

Maybe, if I saw some asshole flying the Nazi flag, I might understand the desire to vandalize it.

But I would still be aware of the fact that I was damaging or destroying the personal property of some other person. And that’s the crime.

In this case about the rainbow flag, the flag is equally ruined regardless of the motivation of the person who did it.

I don’t understand why anyone would feel the need to smear the gay flag (rainbow flag) with feces, etc.

Maybe, if I saw some asshole flying the Nazi flag, I might understand the desire to vandalize it.

But I would still be aware of the fact that I was damaging or destroying the personal property of some other person. And that’s the crime.

In this case about the rainbow flag, the flag is equally ruined regardless of the motivation of the person who did it.
I’ve seen uprisings where people defecated and urinated on an American flag.

The fact that the flag someone desecrated belonged to someone else is irrelevant. Yes, theft is a crime. Charge him with theft and destruction of property.

I’ve seen uprisings where people defecated and urinated on an American flag.

The fact that the flag someone desecrated belonged to someone else is irrelevant. Yes, theft is a crime. Charge him with theft and destruction of property.
I wasn’t talking about an American flag.

But the principle is unchanged all the same.

Forum List

Back