Woman finds burglar in closet...she has a gun....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This is one of the events that gets missed when they do the statistical analysis on now often guns are used in self defense...In this case,,there are no dead bodies, and no shots are fired. when someone is injured or killed, that goes into the official FBI and CDC crime stats because there is paperwork that has to be submitted. In this case? No dead body so it doesn't get counted on the good side of defensive gun uses...a life may have been saved, but a crime was definitely stopped because this woman had a gun. How many other victims we're saved because this woman had a gun and was able to hold the criminal for police?

Video Woman Home Alone Finds Intruder Hiding in Her Closet She 8217 s Armed Guess How it Ends

A woman, Barb Haley, and her dog were in for quite the surprise when they found a man hiding in the closet of their Nebraska home at 3am earlier this week.

Fortunately, the woman had armed herself with her husband’s firearm (he was out of town on business) and her dog was on high alert. After hearing a noise in her office, she went to investigate.

According to local media outlets,

She said, “There, in my closet there were two hands coming out of the closet and he said, ‘Please don’t hurt me. Please don’t hurt me. I just am thirsty. I just wanted something to drink.’ And I said. ‘No. I have a gun and I will, I will shoot you.’”

Haley held the man at gunpoint. She used her other hand to call 911 on her cell phone.

Now, another important feature of this story...it debunks several myths put out by anti gunners...

1) The anti gunners say that good people will just shoot willy nilly if they have a gun when confronted by a criminal...she did what others have done and calmly held him till police arrived

2) The anti gunners always say...the criminal will just take it away from you and use it against you...she didn't lose control of the weapon...and competently held him for police

3) the anti gunners say that a gun in this situation will just make it worse...I wonder what would have happened if she didn't have that gun?

and on a last note...the Sig p220 gets a shout out...you don't see a lot of sigs in theses stories....

Last edited:
She should have shot him. Because she didn't next time he breaks into someone's home he won't be hiding in the closet. By not shooting him the next victims are put in life threatening danger.

^^^ Amen. Letting them fly only allows them to hit another spot later on.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Their feet is where I think that a person should be shot if they have to be shot at all so that they can not get away in any way.

Forum List

Back