Woman sues for right to die in Calif

So we can find nice drugs for "right to die" morons,,,,,but gee those same drugs cant be used on criminal for death penalty????? btw she alrdy has the "right" just kill yourself

Home> Health
California Single Mom Fights for Right to Die

May 19, 2015, 5:10 PM ET

By SYDNEY LUPKIN
Sydney Lupkin More from Sydney »

Health Reporter

via World News

Single Mom Sues California For Right to Die

Christy O'Donnell doesn't want to die, but she doesn't want to spend the rest of her good days fearing the painful death that awaits her as she struggles with terminal cancer, she said.

"The most likely way that I’m going to die with the lung cancer is that my left lung will fill with fluid, I’ll start drowning in my own fluid," she says in a YouTube video posted this week by Compassion and Choices, the nonprofit aid-in-dying group that Brittany Maynard worked with before ending her life last fall. "If I get to a hospital, they'll very painfully put a tube in. They’ll drain the fluid from my lung, only to patch me up, send me home and wait until the next time my lung fills up with fluid. And they'll continue to repeat that process and drowning painfully until I die."

"The question of assisted suicide policy needs to be considered in terms of how it impacts the broader society, particularly the most vulnerable, without economic means or health access, as well as people living with serious disabilities whose options are often diminished," Californians Against Assisted Suicide spokeswoman Marilyn Golden, a senior policy analyst for the Disability Rights Educational and Defense Fund, said in a statement in response to O'Donnell's suit.

Yet another case of people meddling in the business of others.

So we can find nice drugs for "right to die" morons,,,,,but gee those same drugs cant be used on criminal for death penalty????? btw she alrdy has the "right" just kill yourself
Those same drugs ARE USED on death penalty assholes. That is such a bunch of bullshit. Phony as hell. And besides...the execution of those SoBs should be as painful as it can possibly be.

Compassionate, as always.

Gracie is right. We would not do to our pets what we force on our fellow humans.

why does she need state to sanction her death...... and why cant these drugs be used on criminals

Those same drugs ARE USED on death penalty assholes. That is such a bunch of bullshit. Phony as hell. And besides...the execution of those SoBs should be as painful as it can possibly be.
Really...cant be same cause states are ending execution cause they cant get drugs

Anyone can decide to off themselves at any time. It's pretty simple, although not right ethically. Suicide is an ugly and hurtful thing especially for the friends and family. Also, if you actually survive your suicide attempt, then what?

Tall cliff (Golden Gate is 250 feet. Land on yer head and you are dead..which is the plan when they jump). Gun. Overdose. If california does not pass it, then she will have to do it herself. Which sucks.

Anyone can decide to off themselves at any time. It's pretty simple, although not right ethically. Suicide is an ugly and hurtful thing especially for the friends and family. Also, if you actually survive your suicide attempt, then what?
Make sure you do it right. Take a shitload of pills, have a gun handy, the car in gear aimed at the cliffside. Gun the motor after swallowing the pills, put the gun in yer mouth and when the car begins to fall pull the trigger. No loved ones around to see it, the mess you made explodes with the car after it lands.

Make sure you do it right. Take a shitload of pills, have a gun handy, the car in gear aimed at the cliffside. Gun the motor after swallowing the pills, put the gun in yer mouth and when the car begins to fall pull the trigger. No loved ones around to see it, the mess you made explodes with the car after it lands.

Car stalls... or gets stuck in mud... :eusa_shifty:

After watching my grandmother spend 15 years in a medical home with Alzheimer's, knowing what a proud woman she was, she would have been furious with my mother and aunt. I guess thankfully her mind was gone so she didn't have to witness the disgrace and embarrassment of it all; the diaper changes and the slow loss of all function to the point of knowing nothing, doing nothing, and basically being wheeled out to a nonsensical TV once a day as all the strangers wandered around her. She was on life support for the last 5 years of her "life." My mother and aunt had some false hope that medical technology would come up to "cure" it, I told them that even if they found a cure it wouldn't turn back the damage, but they wouldn't listen...

It scares me because this disease runs in my family so there's a high likelihood that I'm going to end up with it. I really do not want to go through that... indignity. Knowledge is fundamental to my life; learning new things, researching projects, and helping my friends and family, ex-co-workers and ex-employers, with anything they don't understand or don't know how/have time to research... The thought of losing all that is unexplainable. I hope they can forward the recent medical advances for Alzheimer's, but at this time it's not a guaranteed cure, and it merely slows it down in some cases, if its caught soon enough. Either way though, I hope that I recognize that window of opportunity between still recognizing my family and reverting to infant stage so I can go in a manor of my choosing rather than being forced to survive on life support for years, or decades, because my children are too "selfish" to let my physical body go with my mind. (My husband understands as he's watched his grandmother waste away with Alzheimer's as well.) I'd rather not freeze to death (and cross my fingers that some bear or wolf doesn't find me before they can recover my body.)

This is another religious remnant that I feel should be taken off the books. I am not religious therefore it is not a sin to me. I can kind of understand the gay resistance thing because of Sodom and Gomorrah being destroyed, but the religious fight against assisted suicide in terminal cases is just bullshit.

If I'm ever forced to make that choice I'm just going to repeatedly slam my head in a car door until it's over. :D

Car stalls... or gets stuck in mud... :eusa_shifty:

That would be awkward to explain to AAA while fucked up on sleeping pills.

After watching my grandmother spend 15 years in a medical home with Alzheimer's, knowing what a proud woman she was, she would have been furious with my mother and aunt. I guess thankfully her mind was gone so she didn't have to witness the disgrace and embarrassment of it all; the diaper changes and the slow loss of all function to the point of knowing nothing, doing nothing, and basically being wheeled out to a nonsensical TV once a day as all the strangers wandered around her. She was on life support for the last 5 years of her "life." My mother and aunt had some false hope that medical technology would come up to "cure" it, I told them that even if they found a cure it wouldn't turn back the damage, but they wouldn't listen...

It scares me because this disease runs in my family so there's a high likelihood that I'm going to end up with it. I really do not want to go through that... indignity. Knowledge is fundamental to my life; learning new things, researching projects, and helping my friends and family, ex-co-workers and ex-employers, with anything they don't understand or don't know how/have time to research... The thought of losing all that is unexplainable. I hope they can forward the recent medical advances for Alzheimer's, but at this time it's not a guaranteed cure, and it merely slows it down in some cases, if its caught soon enough. Either way though, I hope that I recognize that window of opportunity between still recognizing my family and reverting to infant stage so I can go in a manor of my choosing rather than being forced to survive on life support for years, or decades, because my children are too "selfish" to let my physical body go with my mind. (My husband understands as he's watched his grandmother waste away with Alzheimer's as well.) I'd rather not freeze to death (and cross my fingers that some bear or wolf doesn't find me before they can recover my body.)

This is another religious remnant that I feel should be taken off the books. I am not religious therefore it is not a sin to me. I can kind of understand the gay resistance thing because of Sodom and Gomorrah being destroyed, but the religious fight against assisted suicide in terminal cases is just bullshit.
That is what I fear, too. But not Alzheimers. I fear being AWARE and going thru that. Ain't gonna happen. I, too,
"hope that I recognize that window of opportunity between still recognizing my family and reverting to infant stage so I can go in a manor of my choosing rather than being forced to survive on life support for years" and can take matters into my own hands.

Forum List

Back