Women need birth control because "they can't control their libido"

republicans would prefer to allow a woman to arm and protect herself so she never has to go through the trauma of rape in the first place.

A good point. Which group is more pro-woman: the one that thinks she should have a good abortion clinic after she's raped, or the one that thinks she should explain to the cops why her would-be rapist has that fatal gunshot wound?

Must be easy, to pull out your gun when your arms are pinned to the ground and a 150 pound man is breathing over you.

But I guess, in true Yank style, the man would be shot dead because the woman THOUGHT he looked like he might rape her.

Well, here's a question for you. If you have a gun, how'd you manage to get all the way to the point of having your arms pinned on the ground with some skinny weakling straddling you (150 lb man? Seriously?)?

No, he'd be walking rapidly in the other direction with a gun pointing at him, having never gotten close to me at all because I'm not dumb enough to let strange men anywhere near me. Duhh.

Really, Noomi, how oblivious to the world around you ARE you, anyway?

There's nothing more offensive to me than a woman who wields her victimhood as a weapon to shut down any opposition to baby killing. It's revolting.

3-250114220318-176721991.jpeg

republicans would prefer to allow a woman to arm and protect herself so she never has to go through the trauma of rape in the first place.

Having a gun doesn't mean you will necessarily be able to defend yourself.

Utter nonsense. Would you be better off with a can of mace?

Yeah, 'cause that shit doesn't get all over you at the same time, or anything.

Bullets are a lot more directed.

Utter nonsense. Would she be better off with a can of mace?

All the defense skills in the world does not necessarily mean you will be able to defend yourself. Remember, TK, timing is crucial. You have to pull that gun out and fire at exactly the right time - and you have to be damned sure that the person is a real threat, and not someone you don't like being near.

That's an awful lot of fallacious boundaries you've put on the situation.

Must be easy, to pull out your gun when your arms are pinned to the ground and a 150 pound man is breathing over you.

But I guess, in true Yank style, the man would be shot dead because the woman THOUGHT he looked like he might rape her.

I don't know of many "yank style" shootings where the girl merely thought he might rape her.

I do know of several where the woman was able to pull the gun and shoot the rapist.

I think we all know that millions of crimes are prevented with guns every year, without any shots being fired at all.

Does anyone want to bet that none of them were would-be rapes?

Not having a gun DOES mean you will not be able to defend yourself.

No, it doesn't. Women don't have guns over here and they have been known to defend themselves against potential rapists. You act like having a gun somehow makes you a powerful force not to be reckoned with.

Maybe women in Australia like trusting their personal safety to random chance and good luck. That's their problem, if so. Personally, since I'm well-aware of what a disadvantage I'm at in a fight with pretty much any adult male you'd care to name, I'd rather hedge my bets.

By the way, I thought you might all find this interesting. I did a little crime comparison between the US and Australia.

NationMaster - Crime stats: Australia vs United States

Interesting how Australia has assault victims at 2.4% of the population, to the United States' 1.2%. And rape? 1% and .4% respectively.

I'll just pass on that, Noomi, thanks.

My question is how do you know the man is going to rape you before you shoot him?

who says you have to shoot. pull the gun and point it. tell him to back off. if you are going to get raped its not walking down a crowded street in the middle of the day. you're alone or in a secluded place. or worse, he's broken into your house. you have to play each situation as it comes. but you aren't armed. whats your choice?

As I said, having a gun doesn't mean you can prevent a rape. Women who are armed can be raped, you know.

Perhaps, but women who are armed can't be raped as easily as women who aren't. Again, I don't need a 100% guarantee or nothing here. People get killed skydiving with parachutes, but that doesn't mean I don't still want one if I jump out of a plane.

As I said, having a gun doesn't mean you can prevent a rape. Women who are armed can be raped, you know.

put 100 women on the same situation where a guy is going to rape them. 50 are armed, 50 aren't. I'm guessing the 50 armed get raped a lot less than the 50 unarmed. send 50 women on job interviews. 50 are educated and have skills 50 don't. I'm guessing the 50 with the education get the jobs. your choice on both groups which one you want to be in. as for me, I'd be educated and armed. you'll fall where you will.

You have a very simplistic idea of what being raped is like. Your scenario is only one of many and definitely not the most common one. When you are a woman and suseptible to being raped, then you might have something to say. When a man is the one having the baby and the once expected to raise it and be the primarly care giver for 20 years, then you men might have a say in birth control or abortion, Until then, unless you want to support what the women say, I say you keep out of it. You don't know what an attempted rape is like: I DO, first hand. You don't know what being pregnant is all about. Women do.

I'M a woman, Esme. And I say he's right. So how are you going to dismiss ME and insist that women have to be helpless, unarmed victims?

I've had three babies, and raised two to adulthood (the third is five). I say keep your goddamned legs shut, accept that pregnancy is a possible consequence if you don't, and simple existence shouldn't be a capital crime. Would you like to tell ME to keep out of it?

I've also been assaulted by a would-be rapist (at least, I assume that's what having his fly undone and his penis sticking out while walking down the street meant). That man is dead now. Would you like to tell ME I don't know what attempted rape is like? What being pregnant is like?

How are you going to claim your opinion is the only valid one allowable with ME?

The figures released by Gallup were clear Abortion polls 2014: Do most Americans think most abortions should be illegal?

about 11% believe all abortions should be prohibited
about 14% only to save the life of the mother
about 28% only to save life of mother and in cases of rape and incest
about 20% legal for any reason and only within the first three months
about 10% legal for any reason and only within the first six months
about 12% legal for any reason and at any time during the pregnancy

so let's recap
11% believe in no abortion
12% believe in abortion on demand
78% believe in abortion with some sort of limitation

That's not how polls work.

Lets try this again:

abortion.polls.nrlc1b.png.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.polls.nrlc1b.png

b1tknbxezu-afxekhpvmta.gif

Last edited:
put 100 women on the same situation where a guy is going to rape them. 50 are armed, 50 aren't. I'm guessing the 50 armed get raped a lot less than the 50 unarmed. send 50 women on job interviews. 50 are educated and have skills 50 don't. I'm guessing the 50 with the education get the jobs. your choice on both groups which one you want to be in. as for me, I'd be educated and armed. you'll fall where you will.

You have a very simplistic idea of what being raped is like. Your scenario is only one of many and definitely not the most common one. When you are a woman and suseptible to being raped, then you might have something to say. When a man is the one having the baby and the once expected to raise it and be the primarly care giver for 20 years, then you men might have a say in birth control or abortion, Until then, unless you want to support what the women say, I say you keep out of it. You don't know what an attempted rape is like: I DO, first hand. You don't know what being pregnant is all about. Women do.

I'M a woman, Esme. And I say he's right. So how are you going to dismiss ME and insist that women have to be helpless, unarmed victims?

I've had three babies, and raised two to adulthood (the third is five). I say keep your goddamned legs shut, accept that pregnancy is a possible consequence if you don't, and simple existence shouldn't be a capital crime. Would you like to tell ME to keep out of it?

I've also been assaulted by a would-be rapist (at least, I assume that's what having his fly undone and his penis sticking out while walking down the street meant). That man is dead now. Would you like to tell ME I don't know what attempted rape is like? What being pregnant is like?How are you going to claim your opinion is the only valid one allowable with ME?

What you experienced is not rape; it is someone exposing himself to you. I've have that happen too. Men who expose themselves are generally never rapists. They just get their jollies out of exposing themselves. It is nothing, absolutely nothing, like an attemted rape. In my case I was restrained by someone I had just, within minutes, met who I thought was a normal guy; a knife was held up to my face, and I was told I was going to be raped. That is an attempted rape. Had I had a gun, that could have been more dangerous to me, not less, as I was taken by surprise and was already restrained. No one on Earth should ever consider shooting someone who you think might rape you. You don't have a legal right to do that, and you may kill someone who has no ill intent toward you. Shooting a man who exposes himself to you on the street will probably get you a murder charge. If you see yourself as a 'helpless unarmed victim' simply because you don't walk around with a gun, that's a very sad thing. For the very most part, people create situations in which they might be victims of an assault by the choices the make and their own behavior, even by their demeanor. Be smart instead of a scardy cat with a firearm. Arm yourself with brains and knowledge instead of a gun.

BTW, thanks for using the correct shortened version of my name. :)

Last edited:

I've also been assaulted by a would-be rapist (at least, I assume that's what having his fly undone and his penis sticking out while walking down the street meant). That man is dead now. Would you like to tell ME I don't know what attempted rape is like? What being pregnant is like?How are you going to claim your opinion is the only valid one allowable with ME?

What you experienced is not rape; it is someone exposing himself to you.

I have an idea; why don't you practice what you preach and stop telling people about their lives and experiences for them?

What part of "assaulted" did you miss in that paragraph? The exposure was incidental to the event, and I merely mentioned it as an indicator of what he had in mind when he assaulted me, as opposed to say, simply wanting to mug me. Insofar as, after being convicted of kidnapping and sexual assault in my case, he was later found to have murdered two other people - one a 2-year-old girl - I was very lucky to get away from him with just a struggle, some torn clothing, and years of nightmares.

I've have that happen too. Men who expose themselves are generally never rapists. They just get their jollies out of exposing themselves. It is nothing, absolutely nothing, like an attemted rape. In my case I was restrained by someone I had just, within minutes, met who I thought was a normal guy; a knife was held up to my face, and I was told I was going to be raped. That is an attempted rape.

See above re: don't tell me about MY fucking experience and what it was or wasn't. I realize you seem to be treasuring the "only I am an expert on this subject; only I can REALLY speak to this" status you're trying to award yourself, but you're just going to have to live with the fact that you AREN'T the only victim of violent sexual crimes on this forum, and you DON'T get to just dismiss everyone else as "not really knowing what it's like". You're going to have to ACTUALLY make an argument.

Had I had a gun, that could have been more dangerous to me, not less, as I was taken by surprise and was already restrained. No one on Earth should ever consider shooting someone who you think might rape you. You don't have a legal right to do that, and you may kill someone who has no ill intent toward you. Shooting a man who exposes himself to you on the street will probably get you a murder charge. If you see yourself as a 'helpless unarmed victim' simply because you don't walk around with a gun, that's a very sad thing. For the very most part, people create situations in which they might be victims of an assault by the choices the make and their own behavior, even by their demeanor. Be smart instead of a scardy cat with a firearm. Arm yourself with brains and knowledge instead of a gun.

You mean, the way you were unable to tell a rapist from a normal guy until he was close enough to physically restrain you? THAT sort of brains and knowledge?

I'll pass, and I'll also pass on the whole "Girl Power, I don't need to be armed to feel armed" pep talk. The fact of the matter is, if you DON'T recognize that you ARE a helpless, unarmed victim if you are, in fact, unarmed, you wind up . . . well, being physically restrained by a guy and threatened with rape.

Furthermore, it does not require "shooting someone you think might rape you" to defend yourself with a gun. As I have already pointed out, most uses of a firearm for defense every year do not involve any shots being fired. I will say, however, that if one is silly enough to own a firearm and not become educated and savvy enough to use it for self-defense without making herself less safe, then she probably SHOULDN'T own a gun. However, that lack of competence is not universal and shouldn't be assumed to be so.

BTW, thanks for using the correct shortened version of my name. :)

I didn't know there WERE any other shortened versions.

He doesn't need to be either to be privy to beliefs that are loudly expressed to the rest of America. Liberals say "you don't know what I believe," to the contrary; they've spent the past 5+ years making us aware of them.

The onus is now on you to prove that Huckabee is correct that the Dems are "evangelizing" to the women of America that "they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system without the help of the government.”

Please provide the exact "verses and hymnals" used by the Dems and explain exactly how they conflate the control of women's sex drive to government assistance. Given that you allege that this has been "loudly expressed" for the last "5+ years" you should be able to provide a wealth of them, right?

Ok then, why this?

Democrats draw criticism for platform supporting abortion without exceptions | Fox News

1. Nothing whatsoever to do with women's sex drive.

2. Deliberate obfuscation by the right. Nowhere did the Dems advocate overturning the existing restrictions imposed by RvW.

You argue on emotion Mert. Your party strictly believes in abortion on demand. No need for the back and forth.

You're confused. My party believes in letting women choose. Your party would have a raped woman bear the child of a rapist.....defend that.

Seriously?

Ask any cop how long it takes to draw, aim and fire accurately and how far the perp has to be away from you for that to be an effective deterrent. Now let's take a look at a "date rape" situation and see how that is going to work in reality. Oh, and let's not forget that in most of these instances there is alcohol involved.

So we have someone who is not sober trying to reach her bag, pull out a gun and try to shoot someone at point blank range. Meanwhile the rapist will be trying to get the gun away from her. What are the odds he will get the gun away from her and then use it against her? What started as a rape is now a murder and the would be rapist can claim self defense because she pulled the gun on him.

Guns are not the solution to every problem.

I know thats called a Strawman as you indicated

Rightwinger was the one with the straw man by stating Huckabee was making an inappropriate, derogatory comment towards women. He was talking about democrats and how they view women. What the governor said is true.
I see that liberals here are no different than the liberal morons on the XXXXX forums. They get their marching orders from the same place.

It is a violation of the rules to mention other forums.

Utter nonsense. Would she be better off with a can of mace?

All the defense skills in the world does not necessarily mean you will be able to defend yourself. Remember, TK, timing is crucial. You have to pull that gun out and fire at exactly the right time - and you have to be damned sure that the person is a real threat, and not someone you don't like being near.

That's an awful lot of fallacious boundaries you've put on the situation.

Not according to the cops I know. They won't pull their own guns out unless there is sufficient time, space and an identifiable threat.

There's nothing more offensive to me than a woman who wields her victimhood as a weapon to shut down any opposition to baby killing. It's revolting.

I'd be more impressed with what "Mother" Theresa had to say if she didn't fly off to the Mayo Clinic for her cancer while those poor Indian people died in misery on dirt floors in her "Hospital".

I'd be more impressed with what "Mother" Theresa had to say if she didn't fly off to the Mayo Clinic for her cancer while those poor Indian people died in misery on dirt floors in her "Hospital".
At least she did something. What did you do JoeB, besides sponge off working American taxpayers and whine about injustice from behind your keyboard?

Forum List

Back