Women need birth control because "they can't control their libido"

You're confused. My party believes in letting women choose. Your party would have a raped woman bear the child of a rapist.....defend that.

republicans would prefer to allow a woman to arm and protect herself so she never has to go through the trauma of rape in the first place.

A good point. Which group is more pro-woman: the one that thinks she should have a good abortion clinic after she's raped, or the one that thinks she should explain to the cops why her would-be rapist has that fatal gunshot wound?

Must be easy, to pull out your gun when your arms are pinned to the ground and a 150 pound man is breathing over you.

But I guess, in true Yank style, the man would be shot dead because the woman THOUGHT he looked like he might rape her.

You're confused. My party believes in letting women choose. Your party would have a raped woman bear the child of a rapist.....defend that.

republicans would prefer to allow a woman to arm and protect herself so she never has to go through the trauma of rape in the first place.

A good point. Which group is more pro-woman: the one that thinks she should have a good abortion clinic after she's raped, or the one that thinks she should explain to the cops why her would-be rapist has that fatal gunshot wound?

the liberal approach - keep applying bandaids to the problem every time it reoccurs

the conservative approach - fix the damn problem

Having a gun doesn't mean you will necessarily be able to defend yourself.

Utter nonsense. Would you be better off with a can of mace?

Last edited:

Utter nonsense. Would she be better off with a can of mace?

All the defense skills in the world does not necessarily mean you will be able to defend yourself. Remember, TK, timing is crucial. You have to pull that gun out and fire at exactly the right time - and you have to be damned sure that the person is a real threat, and not someone you don't like being near.

All the defense skills in the world does not necessarily mean you will be able to defend yourself. Remember, TK, timing is crucial. You have to pull that gun out and fire at exactly the right time - and you have to be damned sure that the person is a real threat, and not someone you don't like being near.

Just having a gun is a deterrent. Even if you miss you'll scare the literal crap out of whomever is attacking you. Keyword being "attacking" you. You know Karate. Should we say the same about that? You can kill a man just as easily with Karate as you can with a gun.

Not having a gun DOES mean you will not be able to defend yourself.

Information about and access to good contraception is a public interest item of great importance.

It is far cheaper than unwanted pregnancies and abortions.

And you and I are free to give to charities to do that for that reason. Government has no moral authority to do it with confiscated money and no Constitutional authority to do it at all.

Freedom does not mean freedom from personal responsibility. In fact, it's lack of freedom that accomplishes that.

If you believe that government money is confiscated, then you obviously do not believe in the U.S. Constitution. The Constitution gives the federal government the authority to tax, so it's money is not 'confiscated'. You are contradicting yourself.

The government certainly does have the constitutional authority to provide birth control, if it is considered to be in the interest of the "General Welfare" of the American people.

The American people have the right as individuals to their own religious beliefs. To many people taking birth control is exercising personal responsibility. That may not be your belief, but you do not have the authority to dictate your interpretation of 'responsibility' to other people.

Therefore the government may provide birth control to facilitate people exercising their personal responsibility if it is deemed to be in the interest of the "general Welfare' of the American people.
You are misusing the General Welfare clause for your own purposes.
There is taxation. Used for the limited powers of government and essential functions under the Constitution.
Then there is confiscation. Which is the taking of money "for the greater good". This has been debated in hundreds of threads.
One common refrain is the issue of wealth and income. Many on the political left view taxation as a means to get even with people with whom they are not comfortable. Or as a means to punish. Then there is this notion of 'fairness'. That there should be 'equality of outcome'. This message is heard in every one of Obama's speeches where he mentions "hard working men and women deserve a fair shake'.
Others believe that taxation should be used in the form of transfer payments. This is wealth redistribution.
Those two items are NOT essential functions of government and therefore fall outside the boundaries of taxation and into the area of confiscation.

not having one pretty much ensures you are the victim.

Must be easy, to pull out your gun when your arms are pinned to the ground and a 150 pound man is breathing over you.

But I guess, in true Yank style, the man would be shot dead because the woman THOUGHT he looked like he might rape her.

I don't know of many "yank style" shootings where the girl merely thought he might rape her.

I do know of several where the woman was able to pull the gun and shoot the rapist.

Not to derail this discussion, but women have a lot less say about their medical care under the ACA than they use to have. Today it is Kathleen Sebelius in charge of HHS. But that won't last. What happens when an Evangelical Baptist is running the show?

They have as much as in the days of the private insurance companies if they still are using private insurance.

And if they are using ACA, you have no idea how much more, less, or the same say they might have.

The next thing is that millions and millions now have some say compared to when they had no coverage at all.

And in true progressive, woman-hating style, you maintain she has no right to defend herself but must submit to rape. After all, there's abortion for later.

You people make me ill.

if someone grabs you or comes at you, I think you can be pretty sure the person is a real threat. if someone is just crowding you, you have the option to tell them to back the fuck off. doesn't mean you have to shoot them. having the edge is better than being defenseless. success if achieved by increasing you odds. its the same with everything. have a skill or an education you have a better chance of getting a job. it doesn't guarantee one, but it increases the odds. researching a stock and understanding its potential and the companies business plan increases your odds of a gain. having a means to protect yourself increases your odds over being defenseless.

Any idiiot who talks about legitimate taxation in the public interest as 'confiscation' in the American context is a doofus on the issue, period.

Elect your candidates, then, folks, but don't let folks like Rush and Huckabee talk on your behalf.

The solid majority of women will kicked it up your political butts.

The operative being "legitimate".

Information about and access to good contraception is a public interest item of great importance.

It is far cheaper than unwanted pregnancies and abortions.

And you and I are free to give to charities to do that for that reason. Government has no moral authority to do it with confiscated money and no Constitutional authority to do it at all.

Freedom does not mean freedom from personal responsibility. In fact, it's lack of freedom that accomplishes that.

If you believe that government money is confiscated, then you obviously do not believe in the U.S. Constitution. The Constitution gives the federal government the authority to tax, so it's money is not 'confiscated'. You are contradicting yourself.

The government certainly does have the constitutional authority to provide birth control, if it is considered to be in the interest of the "General Welfare" of the American people.

The American people have the right as individuals to their own religious beliefs. To many people taking birth control is exercising personal responsibility. That may not be your belief, but you do not have the authority to dictate your interpretation of 'responsibility' to other people.

Therefore the government may provide birth control to facilitate people exercising their personal responsibility if it is deemed to be in the interest of the "general Welfare' of the American people.

No, it does not.
Where did you hear that garbage?
This is not about artificial birth control in and of itself. Of course you libs presented this narrative.
The issue is forcing others to pay for artificial birth control. To that, we object.

I really think if the guy has your arms pinned to the ground his intent is a little more than to ask you for your phone number. so I guess there is really no harm in doing the yank thing and shooting him dead.

No, it doesn't. Women don't have guns over here and they have been known to defend themselves against potential rapists. You act like having a gun somehow makes you a powerful force not to be reckoned with.

I really think if the guy has your arms pinned to the ground his intent is a little more than to ask you for your phone number. so I guess there is really no harm in doing the yank thing and shooting him dead.

My question is how do you know the man is going to rape you before you shoot him?

No, it doesn't. Women don't have guns over here and they have been known to defend themselves against potential rapists. You act like having a gun somehow makes you a powerful force not to be reckoned with.

go up against someone with a gun and find out just how powerful a force it is.

Forum List

Back