Women now demanding paid menstrual leave!!!

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Women are pricing themselves out of the job market. Maternity leave is bad enough but now this. Pretty soon no one will hire a woman.

Huffington Post Endorses Paid 'Menstrual Leave' for Working Women

20 May 2014
HuffPost Live held a discussion about a current topic in employment: whether women deserve paid "menstrual leave."

Slate had already tackled the issue, with writer Katy Waldman dismissing it by saying, “… don’t offer us paid period leave. We’ll just spend it all taking self-pitying Buzzfeed quizzes.”

But when HuffPost Live interviewed Skepchick.org founder Rebecca Watson and Mikki Kendall, editor at Hood feminism.com, the women got positively cranky.

"Just by asking the question, 'Should women get paid menstruation leave?' biases the listener into saying, 'Oh, of course not,' because you're talking about special treatment," said Watson.

"But if you were to say, should men get paid time off if they were kicked in the testicles, yes, like if you have a medical problem, you should get to take time off," she added.

Of course, men typically don’t get kicked in the testicles every month, but who’s counting?

So it will be much more expensive to employ women but libs will pass laws to protect women from any consequences . If you recall not that long ago a large majority of women polled in the uk though childless women shoulder paid maternity leave

From the Feminist in the article:

Just give us all more paid leave. Most people, for one reason or another, probably need a couple days off in a given month because of illness, because of family emergencies, because they woke up that day and they don’t feel great and they’re just overwrought and overtired, whatever. And so if we increase the amount of PTO available to all employees, you’d see a healthier workplace, among other things. People would stop coming to work with the flu and spreading their disease and germs to everyone else.

Paid mestrual leave for woman is a dumb idea. But that isnt what she is saying.

PMS can be a good thing in certain employment opportunities.

Imagine a collection agency staffed entirely by the chronically afflicted!

Or perhaps an entire military unit.

It would be hell on earth.

(And hello from a fellow New Englander!)

When I was younger and less "sensitive" I had a friend who had been prescribed an anti-stress medication of a certain shape and colour. I noticed the resemblance to "Midol" and switched out his tablets.

Strangely he found the pills had become much more effective. After about a week I told him what I had done and the effect was immediately lost. Too bad, he could have saved hundreds of bucks on prescriptions.

Dunno how well it works for women but it sure worked for HIM!

It would be hell on earth.

(And hello from a fellow New Englander!)

When I was younger and less "sensitive" I had a friend who had been prescribed an anti-stress medication of a certain shape and colour. I noticed the resemblance to "Midol" and switched out his tablets.

Strangely he found the pills had become much more effective. After about a week I told him what I had done and the effect was immediately lost. Too bad, he could have saved hundreds of bucks on prescriptions.

Dunno how well it works for women but it sure worked for HIM!

I dont use it..I am actually blessed to have little to no symptoms when it comes to "that time of the month"...but all it is is some sort of pain reliever (aspirin, ibuprofen etc), caffeine..and a diuretic for bloating/ cramping....all rolled into one happy pill.

And if they got 25 fibromyalgia days the world would be perfect! Except they will be a huge economic burden for the employer

Sure, they can take 3-5 sick days a month. Of course where I work that means once they hit that 4th day they have to contact our short-term leave coordinator and see a doctor for permission to return to work. It also goes as a "medical absence", regardless of length. More than two "medical absences" in a six month period or three in a year can get you put on Positive Discipline.

....So ladies, feel free to take that time off. Pretty quick you wouldn't have to worry about it because you wouldn't have a job anymore. :)

Sure, they can take 3-5 sick days a month. Of course where I work that means once they hit that 4th day they have to contact our short-term leave coordinator and see a doctor for permission to return to work. It also goes as a "medical absence", regardless of length. More than two "medical absences" in a six month period or three in a year can get you put on Positive Discipline.

....So ladies, feel free to take that time off. Pretty quick you wouldn't have to worry about it because you wouldn't have a job anymore. :)

Of course that's sexist and must end

Smart employers will offer this as women tend to be some of the most creative workers in my opinion. Builds loyalty as well. Brain not brawn are going to drive the jobs in the years ahead.

I look forward to all the part time doctors especially in the er. Not gonna hurt the medical profession by not being available. No way

Forum List

Back