Women now demanding paid menstrual leave!!!

not a topic I will discuss. 'Everyone's opinion'--I don't need to opine on certain topics.

Brain not brawn are going to drive the jobs in the years ahead.
And black unemployment will skyrocket.

Right along with white, chinese, mexican, etc unemployment. If you still think lifting boxes is going to be your career path you are going to be in trouble.
No, I'm pretty sure blacks will bear the burden. After all, you said brains not brawn. Pro basketball and football can only support very limited employees.

Again, you set it up. It was far too easy for those of us that pay little heed to political correctness. And besides, exploiting your racism was irresistible. :)

And black unemployment will skyrocket.

Right along with white, chinese, mexican, etc unemployment. If you still think lifting boxes is going to be your career path you are going to be in trouble.
No, I'm pretty sure blacks will bear the burden. After all, you said brains not brawn. Pro basketball and football can only support very limited employees.

Again, you set it up. It was far too easy for those of us that pay little heed to political correctness. And besides, exploiting your racism was irresistible. :)

i dont get how thats different from Blacks having the burden now? It will be a new dynamic and of course Blacks will be pushed out due to racism. How did you exploit "my racism". :lol:

i dont get how thats different from Blacks having the burden now? It will be a new dynamic and of course Blacks will be pushed out due to racism. How did you exploit "my racism". :lol:
Think about it for a while, it may come to you.:)

Think about it for a while, it may come to you.:)

I did. Whats the difference or have you stuck your foot in your mouth again? :lol:

Those few who among the Millenials adopt the values of Matthew and Meathead will fail in the future economy, which will require employable social skills as well as professional skills.

Do guys get horny days off? Time to do some patrolling so they aren't frustrated at the workplace. It would make them better employees.

Absolutely....I totally support this..
They are allowed so many paid sick days a year.
Most companies provide this.
They can use their sick days.
And when they are used up they can use unpaid sick days....

Smart employers will offer this as women tend to be some of the most creative workers in my opinion. Builds loyalty as well. Brain not brawn are going to drive the jobs in the years ahead.

HAHAHA. If women were smart, they'd get degrees in STEM instead of sociology. Same with blacks. White/asian males will continue to run the world because only they can do technology.

It would be hell on earth.

(And hello from a fellow New Englander!)

When I was younger and less "sensitive" I had a friend who had been prescribed an anti-stress medication of a certain shape and colour. I noticed the resemblance to "Midol" and switched out his tablets.

Strangely he found the pills had become much more effective. After about a week I told him what I had done and the effect was immediately lost. Too bad, he could have saved hundreds of bucks on prescriptions.

Dunno how well it works for women but it sure worked for HIM!

I dont use it..I am actually blessed to have little to no symptoms when it comes to "that time of the month"...but all it is is some sort of pain reliever (aspirin, ibuprofen etc), caffeine..and a diuretic for bloating/ cramping....all rolled into one happy pill.
I had a friend who's girlfriend hated that phrase.....She called it "aunt flo".

Those few who among the Millenials adopt the values of Matthew and Meathead will fail in the future economy, which will require employable social skills as well as professional skills.
I have never flipped burgers or asked if someone wanted fries to go with their meal, so you may be right about the social and professional skills needed. The millennials will grow up eventually and so might you someday.

We've seen and done this before in the 60s and 70s. There is an inevitability to some things.

Just give everyone 2 days a month for personal health reasons. This would be in addition to sick leave already earned. IMO Americans are forced to work to hard anyway. When I was looking 6 years ago I was offered a job that came with 10 total days off a year - sick or vacation. I told them NO of course and found a job with much better benefits. But I was lucky, some people may not have the options I had. It's bullshit.

Women are pricing themselves out of the job market. Maternity leave is bad enough but now this. Pretty soon no one will hire a woman.

Huffington Post Endorses Paid 'Menstrual Leave' for Working Women

20 May 2014
HuffPost Live held a discussion about a current topic in employment: whether women deserve paid "menstrual leave."

Slate had already tackled the issue, with writer Katy Waldman dismissing it by saying, “… don’t offer us paid period leave. We’ll just spend it all taking self-pitying Buzzfeed quizzes.”

But when HuffPost Live interviewed Skepchick.org founder Rebecca Watson and Mikki Kendall, editor at Hood feminism.com, the women got positively cranky.

"Just by asking the question, 'Should women get paid menstruation leave?' biases the listener into saying, 'Oh, of course not,' because you're talking about special treatment," said Watson.

"But if you were to say, should men get paid time off if they were kicked in the testicles, yes, like if you have a medical problem, you should get to take time off," she added.

Of course, men typically don’t get kicked in the testicles every month, but who’s counting?
If men had menstrual periods and PMS, there would be paid menstrual leave, and it would have been instigated ages ago, same for maternity leave.

As far as maternity leave, in some companies both men and women get maternity leave nowadays.

If a woman has PMS or a tough menstrual period, she should just use her sick leave. However, some women do suffer very seriously, in which case, they should get a doctor's report and be paid for it like any other illness would be paid for it.

Basically, given what the world is, I don't think it is feasible to have for women only a paid leave for menstrual problems. The way women suffer varies widely: some women don't suffer at all, some suffer greatly. As well, there are ways to treat those who have serious problems with it, through diet and exercise for one thing. Perhaps the medical community needs to provide better treatment methods for women who suffer from this, something beyond taking Pamprin. And for those who do not benefit from those treatments, it is the same as other people who suffer from other illnesses because they are predisposed to do so. A blanket paid leave for menstrual problems is not something we need because not every woman suffers to the degree she can't work.

Last edited:
Just give everyone 2 days a month for personal health reasons. This would be in addition to sick leave already earned. IMO Americans are forced to work to hard anyway. When I was looking 6 years ago I was offered a job that came with 10 total days off a year - sick or vacation. I told them NO of course and found a job with much better benefits. But I was lucky, some people may not have the options I had. It's bullshit.

I work for a pretty major corporation. We get 13 holidays and anywhere from 80 - 200 hours of vacation time per year (depending on years of service). We do not have "sick time" or "personal time".

We have "sick instances", which are defined as any time taken for medical/illness reasons. These range from single day to extended short/long term disability situations which are continuous. A sick instance extending more than 3 consdcutive working days requires a medical note and a phone call to our absence management system. Multiple sick instances in a 6 month period or more than two in a calendar year may be cause for discipline or in extreme cases, termination. You're essentially told.... "If you're out one day, stay out three because if you come back too soon and have to go out again you can be disciplined." Stupidest system I've ever seen, but it's what we've got.

My biggest concern with an issue like this is... where does it end? I've got severe spring allergies. If I don't show up to work every day I've got a pounding sinus headache or severe allergy symptome I might go 2 weeks without being at work some times in the spring. That will mean I no longer have a job.

2 days a month is 24 days a year. That's more than I currently get for vacation and holidays combined and I've been with this company for 8 years. That sort of thing is not happening with this company. I can guarantee it.

Forum List

Back