CDZ Women should embrace both owning and carrying guns as acts of personal empowerment.

Almost 100 shooting deaths every day.
Be careful, many are armed.

And of those 60 are suicides, and the rest are murders committed by criminals who democrats let out of jail even though they were arrested on gun charges......

We need criminal and democrat control, not gun control.

Almost 100 shooting deaths every day.
Be careful, many are armed.

And each year Americans use their guns 1,500,000 times to stop rapes, robberies and murders....so instead of stopping those rapes, robberies and murders, you want those innocent Americans to be destroyed by criminals that democrats let out of jail....over and over again.....

That is what you want....

No, thanks.

That's your choice and good for you but you have no business telling others they can't make the choice to carry
mmmm I have never asked that women not be able to carry a handgun. Pretty damned sure about that, as a matter of fact.

No you just don't want guns around at all
Not around my house, no. One of my coworkers keeps a handgun (pink) in her purse. I have no problem with that. In fact, it might come in handy someday if one of our students goes postal. If she could dig it out of her bag in time to do any good, that is.

I know a womanwho also carries in her bag. She carries around an enormous bottomless pit of a bag, it gets tossed around, thrown in the back of the car and so on and sure nuff - it went off. She was lucky but there's a hole in her car seat.

There are stories of women carrying a gun in their bra, a bra that's made to carry a gun. I seem to remember one of those got a woman shot. Not just women accidentally shooting themselves and others.

The whole gun fad/culture is just Darwin, looking for inductees for his Hall of Fame.

Yes....there are over 17,000,000 people carrying guns for self defense...

How many are killed in gun accidents....keeping in mind most gun accident deaths do not happen to people carrying guns?

495 in 2016....

So... can you tell which number is bigger?

17,000,000 v 495

with over 1,500,000 Americans using their legal guns to stop criminal attack....by criminals that democrats keep letting out of jail...

Statistics indicate otherwise. You're far more likely to be the victim of gun violence if you have a gun in the house. Something I found surprising was that over once a day, someone accidentally shoots and kills themselves with a gun (and this is a "record low"???). Add that to the 20,000 +/- suicides via firearms daily.... You're better off without one.

Source:
Accidental gun deaths hit record low, even amid recent boom in firearms sales

It's a hard sell in a non-frontier or crime capital setting.

Hard sell to whom, precisely?
Ummmm....... women

Ummm, thanks for mansplaining to me how I feel perfectly safe and in no need of a method of self-defense.
Thanks for spouting feminist propaganda. Are you the whole of womanhood.....

"Feminist propaganda" is all in favor of arming for self-defense? What feminist group are YOU talking to?

And while I am not, and never have claimed to be, "the whole of womanhood", I am a hell of a lot more of womanhood than YOU are.

It's a hard sell in a non-frontier or crime capital setting.

Ummmm....... women

Ummm, thanks for mansplaining to me how I feel perfectly safe and in no need of a method of self-defense.

"Feminist propaganda" is all in favor of arming for self-defense? What feminist group are YOU talking to?

And while I am not, and never have claimed to be, "the whole of womanhood", I am a hell of a lot more of womanhood than YOU are.
Really,,,have you been watching any of the protests......offered to get my wife a pistol for her office, she does taxes and works alone.......no sale.....now there have been some lib gals here admit to owning a weapon but you dont see any lib organized female support for 2A or open carry....

That's your choice and good for you but you have no business telling others they can't make the choice to carry
mmmm I have never asked that women not be able to carry a handgun. Pretty damned sure about that, as a matter of fact.

No you just don't want guns around at all
Not around my house, no. One of my coworkers keeps a handgun (pink) in her purse. I have no problem with that. In fact, it might come in handy someday if one of our students goes postal. If she could dig it out of her bag in time to do any good, that is.

You should tell her that she should stop carrying it in her purse and get a holster. If you have a gun and carry it, you should have it on your body where you can control it.
How about one of those really cool wrist springs so all you have to do is flex a certain way and it pops out into your hand?

1.39 Seconds (novice shooter) ... Quicker with practice

Statistics indicate otherwise. You're far more likely to be the victim of gun violence if you have a gun in the house. Something I found surprising was that over once a day, someone accidentally shoots and kills themselves with a gun (and this is a "record low"???). Add that to the 20,000 +/- suicides via firearms daily.... You're better off without one.

Source:

You know why you're "more likely to be a victim of gun violence" if you have a gun in your house? Because statistically, you're more likely to live in a high-crime neighborhood if you have a gun in your house, because that's WHY you have a gun in your house.

And yes, less than 1% of all accidental deaths (did you miss that part of your article?) is both a record low, and quite good. More people die from accidentally drowning.

Unintentional Drowning: Get the Facts | Home and Recreational Safety | CDC Injury Center

Don't even get me started on the notion of "prevent suicide by taking guns". As if the guns are talking people into killing themselves.

Ummmm....... women

Really,,,have you been watching any of the protests......offered to get my wife a pistol for her office, she does taxes and works alone.......no sale.....now there have been some lib gals here admit to owning a weapon but you dont see any lib organized female support for 2A or open carry....

Oh, okay. I cite my experience, and I get "are you the whole of womanhood?" And then you cite your wife, and THAT proves something?

Let me ask you something: has your wife ever been the victim of a violent crime? Because I have. If your wife doesn't want a gun, then that's certainly her choice to make. But do NOT condescend to me about MY safety based on what your wife thinks and feels and believes, and FOR SURE don't condescend to me based on what YOU think women in general think, or should think.

Ummmm....... women

Oh, okay. I cite my experience, and I get "are you the whole of womanhood?" And then you cite your wife, and THAT proves something?

Let me ask you something: has your wife ever been the victim of a violent crime? Because I have. If your wife doesn't want a gun, then that's certainly her choice to make. But do NOT condescend to me about MY safety based on what your wife thinks and feels and believes, and FOR SURE don't condescend to me based on what YOU think women in general think, or should think.
Didnt do any such thing so dont get hysterical.....tell me what % of women own a gun....

Know how many women I know who carry...that would be zero....... fine protect yourself,,..... point was trying to convince women who dont aldy own a weapon is an uphill battle and you haven't refuted it

Source:

You know why you're "more likely to be a victim of gun violence" if you have a gun in your house? Because statistically, you're more likely to live in a high-crime neighborhood if you have a gun in your house, because that's WHY you have a gun in your house.

And yes, less than 1% of all accidental deaths (did you miss that part of your article?) is both a record low, and quite good. More people die from accidentally drowning.

Unintentional Drowning: Get the Facts | Home and Recreational Safety | CDC Injury Center

Don't even get me started on the notion of "prevent suicide by taking guns". As if the guns are talking people into killing themselves.

You're far more likely to fall off a mountain if you go mountain climbing ... :thup:

Good for you.....but someone offering polite help and you act like that? It is your Right in Maryland to own and also carry a gun...it was also the Right of Black Americans to sit at those lunch counters when the democrats refused to let them under Jim Crow.....you have the Right, they have taken it from you...

Nobody has taken anything from me, but you are trying hard. Orders, control moves, put downs. Back off!! A pile of "you do what I tell you, woman," is hardly polite. I'm guessing you don't have any women in your life. I liked your question, I answered your question, I don't need a lot of instruction from you or any other man about how to live.

Jeepers creepers, men, you know?? A lot of them, there is something just wrong with them.

Source:

More than one accidental death per day by gunshot (presumably by the gun owners or a close friend with a weapon) is not "quite good". To put that in perspective, we have more accidental killings per year than other developed nations have in total. As far as the neighborhood thing; I thought the "good guy with a gun" would take care of the crime in the neighborhood. Are gun owners just pussies or what?

Source:

More than one accidental death per day by gunshot (presumably by the gun owners or a close friend with a weapon) is not "quite good". To put that in perspective, we have more accidental killings per year than other developed nations have in total. As far as the neighborhood thing; I thought the "good guy with a gun" would take care of the crime in the neighborhood. Are gun owners just pussies or what?

Guess we gotta ban cars huh CC. helluva lot more accidental deaths with them.

But I will ask you. Why do you want to make the rapists of this world jobs any easier than they already are?

But I will ask you. Why do you want to make the rapists of this world jobs any easier than they already are?

Because candycorn is well aware that if you scream, vomit and/or piss yourself to stop a rapist ... You aren't a pussy like those gun owners.

Source:

Guess we gotta ban cars huh CC. helluva lot more accidental deaths with them.

Hey, if you want to make the use of firearms equal to the hoops you have to jump through to drive a car, I'm with you. Feel like going there...Huh Pop?

Forum List

Back