CDZ Women should embrace both owning and carrying guns as acts of personal empowerment.

Just reporting the facts.

I would theorize that the 20,000 or so suicides by gunshot are not done by people who decide they want to kill themselves, go out and buy a gun, wait five days or whatever, and then go home and do it. The gun is there so they tragically take their own lives. As for the accidental hit jobs they perform on themselves; just blood over the dam.

No you weren't ... :21:

Sure I was...the only conclusion that one can draw is that you're more likely to kill or injure yourself if you have a gun in the house; thus you're not safer with a gun. Facts are not your friend.

Well maybe YOU would. Lol. Don't get a gun, whatever you do.

Thanks for spouting feminist propaganda. Are you the whole of womanhood.....

"Feminist propaganda" is all in favor of arming for self-defense? What feminist group are YOU talking to?

And while I am not, and never have claimed to be, "the whole of womanhood", I am a hell of a lot more of womanhood than YOU are.
Really,,,have you been watching any of the protests......offered to get my wife a pistol for her office, she does taxes and works alone.......no sale.....now there have been some lib gals here admit to owning a weapon but you dont see any lib organized female support for 2A or open carry....

Oh, okay. I cite my experience, and I get "are you the whole of womanhood?" And then you cite your wife, and THAT proves something?

Let me ask you something: has your wife ever been the victim of a violent crime? Because I have. If your wife doesn't want a gun, then that's certainly her choice to make. But do NOT condescend to me about MY safety based on what your wife thinks and feels and believes, and FOR SURE don't condescend to me based on what YOU think women in general think, or should think.

Maybe I can help answering this condescending issue. People think that they can control women. Interesting that women play along with that. Controlling an attacker with a gun that you are pointing at him is a special skill. Can women enjoy the sporting value of hand guns and rifles? I think it is fun to go to the range with girls. Target practice is an empowering feeling. What is your opinion?

I have always enjoyed target practice, probably because I have a natural skill for aim. For entertainment value, I prefer archery. Either way, it's always fun to encounter men who want to patronize me and assume I don't know which end of the weapon to point. Come to that, my natural aim also makes me quite good at pool, and it's never a good night out without letting some ass napkin explain ALL about what I'm doing wrong and how I "should" be playing, and then running the rest of the table on him.

As you can imagine, I don't have a lot of tolerance for men who want to treat my femaleness as though it were a birth defect.
Care to comment on what I actually said?

Most often, you wouldn't even have to fire a shot. Just seeing the gun in your hand will make the POTENTIAL criminal take off running. THAT is the reason why there are around 1 MILLION instances of people protecting themselves with a firearm. No need to actually USE it in most cases.

Just reporting the facts.

I would theorize that the 20,000 or so suicides by gunshot are not done by people who decide they want to kill themselves, go out and buy a gun, wait five days or whatever, and then go home and do it. The gun is there so they tragically take their own lives. As for the accidental hit jobs they perform on themselves; just blood over the dam.

No you weren't ... :21:

Sure I was...the only conclusion that one can draw is that you're more likely to kill or injure yourself if you have a gun in the house; thus you're not safer with a gun. Facts are not your friend.

As if you care about some person you've never known or met who accidentally kills or purposefully kills him or herself. STHU. You don't care about people killing themselves with firearms. You care about sticking your big nose into other people's lives and rights. Stop trying act as if you are some "caring" human being who cares about people that you've never known or met. Loser.

More than one accidental death per day by gunshot (presumably by the gun owners or a close friend with a weapon) is not "quite good". To put that in perspective, we have more accidental killings per year than other developed nations have in total. As far as the neighborhood thing; I thought the "good guy with a gun" would take care of the crime in the neighborhood. Are gun owners just pussies or what?

Guess we gotta ban cars huh CC. helluva lot more accidental deaths with them.

But I will ask you. Why do you want to make the rapists of this world jobs any easier than they already are?

Hey, if you want to make the use of firearms equal to the hoops you have to jump through to drive a car, I'm with you. Feel like going there...Huh Pop?

Sure. Let’s get started.

You first

So, you're good with requiring licenses for all gun owners, inspections of the guns themselves by qualified mechanics, liability insurance before use, registration of all guns etc...???? If so, I must say I'm surprised.

Let me end CC delusion quickly

You don’t need license, registration or insurance to buy or drive or carry (trailer) a car.

You need those to drive on publicly roadways.

If we equate those to guns, then the only time you would need to register, license or insure a gun would be when using it at a publicly funded shooting range.

Ok, what’s the point CC?

I think that depends on the state you live in. In my state, it is illegal to have a car that is not registered and insured on your property. You will get fined for it and keep getting fined until you either get it legalized or get rid of it.

Hey, if you want to make the use of firearms equal to the hoops you have to jump through to drive a car, I'm with you. Feel like going there...Huh Pop?

Driving is a privilege, not a right ... That's even a question on the current driver's license exam in the state where I live ... :thup:

Plus imagine how much more of a pain being at the DMV would be if the powers in charge didn't want people to get licenses.

A 3 hour hell marathon would turn into weeks of multiple visits, fees in the thousands of dollars, and multiple rejections because some DMV employee didn't feel that your really "needed" to drive a car.

also, going to a dealer would mean a 30 day waiting period before you got your car, after you paid for it.

And, there is no minimum age to buy a car, is the left implying they want no minimum age to buy a gun?

Guess we gotta ban cars huh CC. helluva lot more accidental deaths with them.

But I will ask you. Why do you want to make the rapists of this world jobs any easier than they already are?

Sure. Let’s get started.

You first

So, you're good with requiring licenses for all gun owners, inspections of the guns themselves by qualified mechanics, liability insurance before use, registration of all guns etc...???? If so, I must say I'm surprised.

You don’t need license, registration or insurance to buy or drive or carry (trailer) a car.

If we equate those to guns, then the only time you would need to register, license or insure a gun would be when using it at a publicly funded shooting range.

Ok, what’s the point CC?

I think that depends on the state you live in. In my state, it is illegal to have a car that is not registered and insured on your property. You will get fined for it and keep getting fined until you either get it legalized or get rid of it.

There is no such law if the car is properly stored.

Driving is a privilege, not a right ... That's even a question on the current driver's license exam in the state where I live ... :thup:

Plus imagine how much more of a pain being at the DMV would be if the powers in charge didn't want people to get licenses.

A 3 hour hell marathon would turn into weeks of multiple visits, fees in the thousands of dollars, and multiple rejections because some DMV employee didn't feel that your really "needed" to drive a car.

also, going to a dealer would mean a 30 day waiting period before you got your car, after you paid for it.

And, there is no minimum age to buy a car, is the left implying they want no minimum age to buy a gun?

I think it depends on the State. In NY I know I had to show my valid license before I could take possession of my new car.

Nah ... You were editorializing and using statistics as support.

To suggest that your conclusions are accurate in regards to whether an individual is safer with a firearm in the house are faulty.
The statistics you refer to in no way identify different variables that would most certainly influence any result.

Furthermore ... The statistics do not calculate any benefit that may be gained from the firearm in the house.
If you would like to suggest that someone is safer facing and armed intruder without a firearms ... Well, that's your choice, not mine.

Most in that statistic are criminal gun owners. Drug dealers, gang bangers often have guns in there homes, so yes THEY are far more likely to be shot.

As for accidental shootings. The current push to ban bump stocks and AR style rifles do almost nothing in this respect. Most accidental shooting involve hand guns.

Again, a solution in search of a problem.

I think it depends on the State. In NY I know I had to show my valid license before I could take possession of my new car.

That’s probably a dealer or lender qualification. Not the state.

Sure. Let’s get started.

You first

Ok, what’s the point CC?

It depends on your state's laws. In some states, the only people who can keep unregistered cars are car dealerships or people who obtain a special license or tag for their car.

Can I keep an uninsured and unregistered car in my parking?

Sure. Let’s get started.

You first

Ok, what’s the point CC?

It depends on your state's laws. In some states, the only people who can keep unregistered cars are car dealerships or people who obtain a special license or tag for their car.

Respectfully, read the link. The street and public parking lots are tax payer funded.

Keeping an unregistered car in your garage is not illegal. And if it’s a private parking garage? It is the garage owners decision.

Ok, what’s the point CC?

Respectfully, read the link. The street and public parking lots are tax payer funded.

Keeping an unregistered car in your garage is not illegal. And if it’s a private parking garage? It is the garage owners decision.

That is not true. It says right in there that as far as parking an unregistered car in your driveway, it depends on the state, and I know this for a fact because it happened to a neighbor of mine who kept getting tickets for having an unregistered vehicle (her daughter's car) parked in her yard until she finally made her daughter get it registered.

This is from the link I provided above . . .

Most states require all motor vehicles to registered and while a car is registered for it to have auto insurance on it. If the car is inoperable you may be able to get special status on it from the DMV, you would have to check to make certain.

For example, California has guidelines for inoperable cars. California law requires motor vehicles to have current registration if they are driven, towed, stored, parked on public roads or highways or parked in an off-street public parking facility at any time during the registration period.

If you have an inoperable vehicle in CA and it will not be in any of the places listed above, you can apply for non-operational status on the vehicle and pay a planned non-operation (PNO) fee. Once this status is placed on a vehicle's record, it remains until you decide to operate the vehicle and pay full registration renewal fees.

I would definitely check the laws in my state before having an unregistered vehicle in my yard.

Anyways, this thread is not about cars. It is not a constitutional right to drive a car. It IS a constitutional right to own a gun. All of the lefties whining about our rights doesn't change them ONE bit.

Ok, what’s the point CC?

That is not true. It says right in there that as far as parking an unregistered car in your driveway, it depends on the state, and I know this for a fact because it happened to a neighbor of mine who kept getting tickets for having an unregistered vehicle (her daughter's car) parked in her yard until she finally made her daughter get it registered.

That is a building code issue. Park it in a garage, or in my city, a paved surface they can’t do anything.

It has to do with ruining your neighbors real estate value by keeping vehicles parked that are unsightly.

Keep them in the garage and you got no problem. I don’t think anyone is arguing that you should be allowed to leave your gun parked in the front yard.

Most states require all motor vehicles to registered and while a car is registered for it to have auto insurance on it. If the car is inoperable you may be able to get special status on it from the DMV, you would have to check to make certain.

For example, California has guidelines for inoperable cars. California law requires motor vehicles to have current registration if they are driven, towed, stored, parked on public roads or highways or parked in an off-street public parking facility at any time during the registration period.

If you have an inoperable vehicle in CA and it will not be in any of the places listed above, you can apply for non-operational status on the vehicle and pay a planned non-operation (PNO) fee. Once this status is placed on a vehicle's record, it remains until you decide to operate the vehicle and pay full registration renewal fees.

I’m going to guess that there are literally hundreds of thousands of vehicles in California that do non of the above. And nobody cares.

I don’t register my toaster either.

I’m going to guess that there are literally hundreds of thousands of vehicles in California that do non of the above. And nobody cares.

Until your neighbor or somebody calls, or the police notice it for some reason or another.

Forum List

Back