CDZ Women should embrace both owning and carrying guns as acts of personal empowerment.

Point is, they are pretty strict with the rules on registering vehicles and insuring them. But driving a car is not a constitutional right, so it is a stupid comparison.

This is from the link I provided above . . .

Most states require all motor vehicles to registered and while a car is registered for it to have auto insurance on it. If the car is inoperable you may be able to get special status on it from the DMV, you would have to check to make certain.

For example, California has guidelines for inoperable cars. California law requires motor vehicles to have current registration if they are driven, towed, stored, parked on public roads or highways or parked in an off-street public parking facility at any time during the registration period.

If you have an inoperable vehicle in CA and it will not be in any of the places listed above, you can apply for non-operational status on the vehicle and pay a planned non-operation (PNO) fee. Once this status is placed on a vehicle's record, it remains until you decide to operate the vehicle and pay full registration renewal fees.

I’m going to guess that there are literally hundreds of thousands of vehicles in California that do non of the above. And nobody cares.

Until your neighbor or somebody calls, or the police notice it for some reason or another.

It’s never a bad idea to check, but I would guess, it would be an easy ticket to beat if you have a car parked in your garage.

Point is, they are pretty strict with the rules on registering vehicles and insuring them. But driving a car is not a constitutional right, so it is a stupid comparison.

Oh, I agree, but you realize, regardless, there are far stricter regulations to buying a gun, then buying a car, even though cars are involved in far more accidental deaths.

From the city of concord California.

http://www.cityofconcord.org/pdf/content/103004.pdf

Not sure this applies to the entire state, but it appears they, and I’m not sure why they would allow, when the State doesn’t, having an unlicensed, unregistered car parked in a private garage, or out of sight is not illegal.

Not sure this applies to the entire state, but it appears they, and I’m not sure why they would allow, when the State doesn’t, having an unlicensed, unregistered car parked in a private garage, or out of sight is not illegal.

Maybe it depends on a bunch of different zoning laws, whether you live in an urban or suburban area, etc? I don't know, but like I said, I would definitely check the laws because they are probably different in every state and maybe even city to city.

Maybe it depends on a bunch of different zoning laws, whether you live in an urban or suburban area, etc? I don't know, but like I said, I would definitely check the laws because they are probably different in every state and maybe even city to city.

Agreed, but I’d think it’s a sure bet, meeting the requirement that the vehicle is garaged it kept out of sight will meet most, if not all jurisdictions laws.

More than one accidental death per day by gunshot (presumably by the gun owners or a close friend with a weapon) is not "quite good". To put that in perspective, we have more accidental killings per year than other developed nations have in total. As far as the neighborhood thing; I thought the "good guy with a gun" would take care of the crime in the neighborhood. Are gun owners just pussies or what?

Guess we gotta ban cars huh CC. helluva lot more accidental deaths with them.

But I will ask you. Why do you want to make the rapists of this world jobs any easier than they already are?

Hey, if you want to make the use of firearms equal to the hoops you have to jump through to drive a car, I'm with you. Feel like going there...Huh Pop?

Sure. Let’s get started.

You first

So, you're good with requiring licenses for all gun owners, inspections of the guns themselves by qualified mechanics, liability insurance before use, registration of all guns etc...???? If so, I must say I'm surprised.

Let me end CC delusion quickly

You don’t need license, registration or insurance to buy or drive or carry (trailer) a car.

You need those to drive on publicly roadways.

If we equate those to guns, then the only time you would need to register, license or insure a gun would be when using it at a publicly funded shooting range.

Ok, what’s the point CC?

So you’re for gun owners having to have liability insurance? Cool.

Sure I was...the only conclusion that one can draw is that you're more likely to kill or injure yourself if you have a gun in the house; thus you're not safer with a gun. Facts are not your friend.

Nah ... You were editorializing and using statistics as support.

To suggest that your conclusions are accurate in regards to whether an individual is safer with a firearm in the house are faulty.
The statistics you refer to in no way identify different variables that would most certainly influence any result.

Furthermore ... The statistics do not calculate any benefit that may be gained from the firearm in the house.
If you would like to suggest that someone is safer facing and armed intruder without a firearms ... Well, that's your choice, not mine.

The statistics speak for themselves.

Hey, if you want to make the use of firearms equal to the hoops you have to jump through to drive a car, I'm with you. Feel like going there...Huh Pop?

Driving is a privilege, not a right ... That's even a question on the current driver's license exam in the state where I live ... :thup:

Yes, I know that. Pop was attempting to stage a hypothetical. Turns out it was just pathetic.

Just reporting the facts.

I would theorize that the 20,000 or so suicides by gunshot are not done by people who decide they want to kill themselves, go out and buy a gun, wait five days or whatever, and then go home and do it. The gun is there so they tragically take their own lives. As for the accidental hit jobs they perform on themselves; just blood over the dam.

No you weren't ... :21:

Sure I was...the only conclusion that one can draw is that you're more likely to kill or injure yourself if you have a gun in the house; thus you're not safer with a gun. Facts are not your friend.

As if you care about some person you've never known or met who accidentally kills or purposefully kills him or herself. STHU. You don't care about people killing themselves with firearms. You care about sticking your big nose into other people's lives and rights. Stop trying act as if you are some "caring" human being who cares about people that you've never known or met. Loser.

To suggest that your conclusions are accurate in regards to whether an individual is safer with a firearm in the house are faulty.
The statistics you refer to in no way identify different variables that would most certainly influence any result.

Furthermore ... The statistics do not calculate any benefit that may be gained from the firearm in the house.
If you would like to suggest that someone is safer facing and armed intruder without a firearms ... Well, that's your choice, not mine.

Most in that statistic are criminal gun owners. Drug dealers, gang bangers often have guns in there homes, so yes THEY are far more likely to be shot.

As for accidental shootings. The current push to ban bump stocks and AR style rifles do almost nothing in this respect. Most accidental shooting involve hand guns.

Again, a solution in search of a problem.

Source that comment.

So, you're good with requiring licenses for all gun owners, inspections of the guns themselves by qualified mechanics, liability insurance before use, registration of all guns etc...???? If so, I must say I'm surprised.

You don’t need license, registration or insurance to buy or drive or carry (trailer) a car.

If we equate those to guns, then the only time you would need to register, license or insure a gun would be when using it at a publicly funded shooting range.

Ok, what’s the point CC?

I think that depends on the state you live in. In my state, it is illegal to have a car that is not registered and insured on your property. You will get fined for it and keep getting fined until you either get it legalized or get rid of it.

There is no such law if the car is properly stored.

It depends on your state's laws. In some states, the only people who can keep unregistered cars are car dealerships or people who obtain a special license or tag for their car.

Can I keep an uninsured and unregistered car in my parking?

Respectfully, read the link. The street and public parking lots are tax payer funded.

Keeping an unregistered car in your garage is not illegal. And if it’s a private parking garage? It is the garage owners decision.

So that blows your “publicly funded shooting range” caveat out of the water. Thanks.

Guess we gotta ban cars huh CC. helluva lot more accidental deaths with them.

But I will ask you. Why do you want to make the rapists of this world jobs any easier than they already are?

Sure. Let’s get started.

You first

Ok, what’s the point CC?

So you’re for gun owners having to have liability insurance? Cool.

Yes, when they use their gun on a publicly funded shooting gallery, just like car owners only require insurance on a publicly funded roadway.

Next

Driving is a privilege, not a right ... That's even a question on the current driver's license exam in the state where I live ... :thup:

Yes, I know that. Pop was attempting to stage a hypothetical. Turns out it was just pathetic.

Why do you that, I am doing an EXACT comparable.

Continue please or are you afraid of something?

Ok, what’s the point CC?

I think that depends on the state you live in. In my state, it is illegal to have a car that is not registered and insured on your property. You will get fined for it and keep getting fined until you either get it legalized or get rid of it.

There is no such law if the car is properly stored.

It depends on your state's laws. In some states, the only people who can keep unregistered cars are car dealerships or people who obtain a special license or tag for their car.

Can I keep an uninsured and unregistered car in my parking?

Respectfully, read the link. The street and public parking lots are tax payer funded.

Keeping an unregistered car in your garage is not illegal. And if it’s a private parking garage? It is the garage owners decision.

So that blows your “publicly funded shooting range” caveat out of the water. Thanks.

How so?

Cars do not require registration or a license to be owned or driven. The only time they are necessary is when driven or used on a public road. I agree, Then guns only require license or registration when used on a publicly funded shooting range.

An exact comparable.

I would theorize that the 20,000 or so suicides by gunshot are not done by people who decide they want to kill themselves, go out and buy a gun, wait five days or whatever, and then go home and do it. The gun is there so they tragically take their own lives. As for the accidental hit jobs they perform on themselves; just blood over the dam.

As if you care about some person you've never known or met who accidentally kills or purposefully kills him or herself. STHU. You don't care about people killing themselves with firearms. You care about sticking your big nose into other people's lives and rights. Stop trying act as if you are some "caring" human being who cares about people that you've never known or met. Loser.

Most in that statistic are criminal gun owners. Drug dealers, gang bangers often have guns in there homes, so yes THEY are far more likely to be shot.

As for accidental shootings. The current push to ban bump stocks and AR style rifles do almost nothing in this respect. Most accidental shooting involve hand guns.

Source that comment.

"To hear gun control advocates speak, one would be led to believe that gun violence is a widespread problem whereby the mere existence of a gun is as much a problem as the person who intends to wield it. But the reality is that gun homicides are overwhelmingly tied to gang violence. In fact, a staggering 80% of gun homicides are gang-related. According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), gang homicides accounted for roughly 8,900 of 11,100 gun murders in both 2010 and 2011. That means that there were just 2,200 non gang-related firearm murders in both years in a country of over 300 million people and 250 million guns."

Putting Gun Death Statistics in Perspective

Gun related deaths are 99% from Criminal activities or suicide. 80%, as sourced in the link are gang related. 80% then of gun deaths are criminal gun owners.

Continue with a point if you have one.

Source that comment.

"To hear gun control advocates speak, one would be led to believe that gun violence is a widespread problem whereby the mere existence of a gun is as much a problem as the person who intends to wield it. But the reality is that gun homicides are overwhelmingly tied to gang violence. In fact, a staggering 80% of gun homicides are gang-related. According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), gang homicides accounted for roughly 8,900 of 11,100 gun murders in both 2010 and 2011. That means that there were just 2,200 non gang-related firearm murders in both years in a country of over 300 million people and 250 million guns."

Putting Gun Death Statistics in Perspective

Gun related deaths are 99% from Criminal activities or suicide. 80%, as sourced in the link are gang related. 80% then of gun deaths are criminal gun owners.

Continue with a point if you have one.

Add to that the fact that 70% of all murders occur in very small areas of just 5% of all counties in the country and we see that our murder rate is skewed by these ultra-violent urban areas.

More than half of all the counties in the country had a murder rate of virtually zero and if we get a handle on the urban violence outlined above we could lower our murder rate by up to 70%.

Statistics indicate otherwise. You're far more likely to be the victim of gun violence if you have a gun in the house. Something I found surprising was that over once a day, someone accidentally shoots and kills themselves with a gun (and this is a "record low"???). Add that to the 20,000 +/- suicides via firearms daily.... You're better off without one.

Source:
Accidental gun deaths hit record low, even amid recent boom in firearms sales

You should actually do some research and you should really read your link...

Gun sales are up, and accidental gun injuries are down, according to a report released this month by the National Safety Council.

The NSC’s “Injury Facts -2017 Edition” shows a 17 percent decrease in accidents involving firearms from 2014 to 2015, a period when gun sales soared.

There were 489 unintentional firearms-related fatalities during that time period, the lowest total since record-keeping began in 1903, accounting for less than 1 percent of accident deaths. This decrease, which was the largest percentage decline of any category cited in the NSC’s report, came in a year that saw record-high firearm sales.

Oh, okay. I cite my experience, and I get "are you the whole of womanhood?" And then you cite your wife, and THAT proves something?

Let me ask you something: has your wife ever been the victim of a violent crime? Because I have. If your wife doesn't want a gun, then that's certainly her choice to make. But do NOT condescend to me about MY safety based on what your wife thinks and feels and believes, and FOR SURE don't condescend to me based on what YOU think women in general think, or should think.

Maybe I can help answering this condescending issue. People think that they can control women. Interesting that women play along with that. Controlling an attacker with a gun that you are pointing at him is a special skill. Can women enjoy the sporting value of hand guns and rifles? I think it is fun to go to the range with girls. Target practice is an empowering feeling. What is your opinion?

I have always enjoyed target practice, probably because I have a natural skill for aim. For entertainment value, I prefer archery. Either way, it's always fun to encounter men who want to patronize me and assume I don't know which end of the weapon to point. Come to that, my natural aim also makes me quite good at pool, and it's never a good night out without letting some ass napkin explain ALL about what I'm doing wrong and how I "should" be playing, and then running the rest of the table on him.

As you can imagine, I don't have a lot of tolerance for men who want to treat my femaleness as though it were a birth defect.

Okay but you did raise the question of "which end of the weapon to point". You know we guys are permanently glued to one end of a weapon that always points to famales. Do you know what level of dilemmas this can cause? A considerable point.

I always assumed the weight of the penis pulls on the brain stem, and that's why men act dumb. :D

I love this physical model. Yes, the entire situation is pretty hard on us and our entire lives. Hard and heavy. And you women just make it even harder on us. Now what shall we do?

I don't know what to tell you about that. I consider my job, vis a vis my menfolk, to be making their lives better. Sometimes, that requires jerking a knot in their tails. But I try not to expect anything from them that's unreasonable. No mind reading acts required.

Because candycorn is well aware that if you scream, vomit and/or piss yourself to stop a rapist ... You aren't a pussy like those gun owners.

You can theorize anything you like. The reality is in the middle: they decided to kill themselves, irrespective of the gun. The gun was just a tool, and if it hadn't been there, they'd have used something else which was.

You are theorizing as well. Again, the facts are not your friend if you think a gun is going to keep you safe.

No, I'm actually operating off of personal knowledge and experience, as well as the psychiatric community's extensive studies and experiences on the subject.

As for "the facts" regarding guns and safety, my gun does not make me less safe. By itself, it doesn't make me MORE safe. It's just an inanimate object. It is, and always has been and always will be, my own mind and will and determination that are the catalysts for my safety or lack thereof. That metal tool merely provides me an outlet for enacting my own choices.

Statistics indicate otherwise. You're far more likely to be the victim of gun violence if you have a gun in the house. Something I found surprising was that over once a day, someone accidentally shoots and kills themselves with a gun (and this is a "record low"???). Add that to the 20,000 +/- suicides via firearms daily.... You're better off without one.

Source:

And you are wrong.....a gun in the home is not the determining factor in gun violence in the home.....a criminal living in the home, a drug addict living in the home, an alcoholic in the home, a dangerously mentally ill person in the home determines the death in the home....

Normal homes with guns do not have people murdered with the gun in the home...but thanks for trying.

Keep in mind....there are close to 600 million guns in private hands... there are over 17 million people with permits to actually carry a gun for self defense...

How many accidental gun deaths were there in the U.S. in 2016? With all those people carrying guns and having them in their homes?

How does that stack up to other accidental deaths....and why do only guns concern you, since they are the absolute lowest number of accidental deaths?

Do you see from these numbers why we think you are irrational in your attacks on gun ownership?

Fatal Injury Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

Gun.....495
Car.......38,748

poisoning......58,335

falling.......34,673

suffocation...6,610

drowning......3,786

Gun murder.....2016

FBI....11,004

Expanded Homicide Data Table 4

Gun Suicide.....22,938

Forum List